User Tag List

First 56789 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

There's a lot of contradicting statistics out there, and you have to wonder how they gather the data. I think there's a lot of mis-typing going on too. People mis-type themselves and others a lot.
    I thought for a long time I was an INTP, and now the idea seems ridiculous.

Anyway, I can believe that INFJs are rare. I have a hard time believing that ISTJ is the most common, even if very common. I think extroverts out number introverts; I don't buy the almost 50-50 thing. I can say that whatever type is the most common must be the kind I don't click with .

As an INFP, I certainly have gone through life feeling like an alien. It is sooo rare to meet people who "get" me. I realize that INs probably all experience this, just because of our passive & abstract communication styles, and the way it may actually keep us from engaging in conversation with similar people.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    I think extroverts out number introverts; I don't buy the almost 50-50 thing. I can say that whatever type is the most common must be the kind I don't click with .
    Although when you think about it, extraverts by their very nature should be far more noticeable than introverts. It probably seems like there are more because their "energy" is always coming at you.

MBTI
    I

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    There's a lot of contradicting statistics out there, and you have to wonder how they gather the data. I think there's a lot of mis-typing going on too. People mis-type themselves and others a lot.
    I thought for a long time I was an INTP, and now the idea seems ridiculous.

Anyway, I can believe that INFJs are rare. I have a hard time believing that ISTJ is the most common, even if very common. I think extroverts out number introverts; I don't buy the almost 50-50 thing. I can say that whatever type is the most common must be the kind I don't click with .

As an INFP, I certainly have gone through life feeling like an alien. It is sooo rare to meet people who "get" me. I realize that INs probably all experience this, just because of our passive & abstract communication styles, and the way it may actually keep us from engaging in conversation with similar people.
    I think part of it is some people unknowingly fake being extroverted just to be comfortable in a particular setting. They are introverts at heart, they can just fake it better than others. Also, what Quinlan said, that in general, extroverts are more noticeable than introverts. I hear that in England, there are a lot more introverts proportionally than in the U.S.

garbage

Trying these two ideas together..

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    I think part of it is some people unknowingly fake being extroverted just to be comfortable in a particular setting. They are introverts at heart, they can just fake it better than others. Also, what Quinlan said, that in general, extroverts are more noticeable than introverts.
    I hear that in England, there are a lot more introverts proportionally than in the U.S.
    .. perhaps England has let go of the fact that extroversion is to be greatly valued over introversion and those in the U.S. are still forced to "fake" it.

But then I guess I'd expect ESTJ to be the most common type since those seem to be the most valued traits, but that doesn't appear to be the case..

Banned

Judging by the responses so far, it does appear that female ENTJs are somewhat less common than many other types. I'm sort of a wimpy E, with very strong Te and Ti functions followed by a fairly strong Ne. The middle of the road N in my signature seems to be the result of a non-existent Ni rather than a leaning in the S direction. This is, apparently, an unusual female profile. I don't like confrontation, but I have no problem letting someone know when I find his/her reasoning inconsistent. This approach has led to the general impression that I'm something of a ball buster. I don't actually feel any need to bust balls or lead in any way (supposedly common ENTJ traits), but I have very little patience with flawed logic or sloppy justification. Again this is, according to Kiersey and others, not a personality type seen very frequently in females.

My eight function test came out as follows:
    -**************** Te
    -**************** Ti
    -************ Ne
    -********* Si
    -******** Fi
    -*** Se
    -* Fe
    - Ni
    Last edited by juggernaut; 03-23-2009 at 08:49 PM.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    Although when you think about it, extraverts by their very nature should be far more noticeable than introverts. It probably seems like there are more because their "energy" is always coming at you.

I guess that is true. They are more noticeable.

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia for MBTI in the US
    ISTJ - 11.6% |ISFJ - 13.8% |INFJ - 1.5% |INTJ - 2.1%
    ISTP - 5.4% |ISFP - 8.8% |INFP - 4.3% |INTP - 3.3%
    ESTP - 4.3% |ESFP - 8.5% |ENFP - 8.1% |ENTP - 3.2%
    ESTJ - 8.7% |ESFJ - 12.3% |ENFJ - 2.4% |ENTJ - 1.8%
    I find it hard to believe that there are that many introverts versus extroverts. But I suppose Quinlan is right.

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

so if i'm a male infj and i start dating a female intj, does that mean i win?

Banned

Not sure anyone ever truly "wins" with an xNTJ female...mwuhahaha!

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    EIE None

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    It doesn't work because it exists, it exists because it works.

If that mix of "types" worked better for one genetic group of people than another group with a different mix, then the first's groups chance of survival would be higher, and then that pattern of types would be refined and amplified after each successful generation of the first group.

If you see order in nature it exists because order provided some sort of advantage over chaos. If that mix of types didn't work or remained chaotic, it would have proved unfit long ago and it wouldn't be evident for us to talk about it now.

I suppose.
    It exists because it works, assumes we have a say? What say do you have on being one MBTI type over another really? You're definitely going to lean one way over another.

Your answer presupposes an untruth and really doesn't answer "why". All you've said, is, "It is because it is", essentially. Your answer presupposes that it wasn't always so. There's no scientific evidence for completely contrary frequencies ever existing.

As well it doesn't answer why it should be so, over those other possibilities. Those others wouldn't on account of what? That we just don't know? We are always in the best possible state? That's definitely not necessarily so. You'd have to presuppose chaos, and what evidence is there of that? My point is that the evolutionist is starting with chaos, and then somehow, magically, it turns into order. ?? What is the scientific mechanism that introduces the occurrences to decide the best fit and what is the scientific mechanism that allows the best fit to be chosen? If the starting block is chaos, than oblivion is what should exist, not order. From nothing something came? Given the mathematical improbability and the lack of a fossil record actually showing all the failed attempts, you'd have to assume that evolution got it right almost at the first go around. That out of nothing, things work out, to me is a bigger leap than God.

I suppose.
    "Truth stands true, independent of whether you agree with it or not."

"Don't let what matters least, matter most."

Extroverted (E) 50% Introverted (I) 50%
    Intuitive (N) 62.5% Sensing (S) 37.5%
    Feeling (F) 51.61% Thinking (T) 48.39%
    Judging (J) 51.52% Perceiving (P) 48.48%
    8w9 EIE