User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Dali

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    I personally like how ISTJs are common, seeing as how you are one of my ideal matchups.
    ISTJ + INFP = ideal?. I mean, even keeping in mind all the "everyone is a unique individual blah blah snore", I've never heard that one before.

I'm interested in knowing what typical ISTJ qualities you find most attractive. Humour me.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by tibby View Post
    What is the reason why some types are more common and some are rarer?
    So that human society has a certain balance to it. The largest group want to protect the status quo, so the resistance to that is tempered and we don't move so fast that we O.D. on progress...or something like that. Short hand, God wants to keep us in line.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

ESXJs are the most commom (keirsey)

INFJs are the least common (keirsey)

supposedly INFJ males but i dont believe that to be true
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by mlittrell View Post
    ESXJs are the most commom (keirsey)

INFJs are the least common (keirsey)

supposedly INFJ males but i dont believe that to be true
    Agreed.

ISTJs are very common, as well. SJs are the most common types by a long shot. I'd think NFs and NTs are the most rare.

Just from experience, alone, I think that ENTPs, ENTJs, and INFPs may be the least common type.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    EIE None

From experience, ENTP's are everywhere, doing everything all the time. Not tons, but definitely identifiable and not as rare as other types. INFP's have some males in the group, so they aren't as scarce in my experience. Don't know any ENTJ's, maybe you're right?
    "Truth stands true, independent of whether you agree with it or not."

"Don't let what matters least, matter most."

Extroverted (E) 50% Introverted (I) 50%
    Intuitive (N) 62.5% Sensing (S) 37.5%
    Feeling (F) 51.61% Thinking (T) 48.39%
    Judging (J) 51.52% Perceiving (P) 48.48%
    8w9 EIE

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Mo_(operalover) View Post
    ISTJ + INFP = ideal?. I mean, even keeping in mind all the "everyone is a unique individual blah blah snore", I've never heard that one before.

I'm interested in knowing what typical ISTJ qualities you find most attractive. Humour me.
    They are introverted, they are super loyal, they aren't retarded about feelings. Also if you take a look at the functions then we pretty much reinforce each other's weaknesses. INFP- FiNeSiTe, ISTJ- SiTeFiNe. I also like seeing their Fi come out in the open. Most of the time I've found that I can confide in thinkers very well (especially the TJs), whenever I ask one for advice they point out things that I wouldn't think about (such as real factors), since I have the emotional side of the issue covered in my mind. I don't conflict with them too much, and when I do it's usually minor, but even if it's not I resolve conflicts with these people very quickly generally.

I could go on and on, I even started a thread about it. http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...tml#post557882 It got merged with another ISTJ praise thread, but that is where mind started.

All of that combined with the fact that they are (I think) something like 15% of the world? Yes please.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by paisley1 View Post
    When I first realized the rarity of my type I felt more distant from the world than unique. It was only those who brought it to my attention that rare is good, did I make that connection, that I offer something distinct. More like extinct! I see it as a hindrance for life and relationships. I was already aware of how dissimilar I rationalize, compared to everyone around me, and learning I was an INFJ didn't really help. Most people just call us weird, and I happen to agree, we're weird compared to you. Being an INFJ in my opinion is not a good thing, statistically and financially speaking. I think of it as a predestination for a harder life compared to other types. Not a "boo freaking hoo, woe is me" but simply a gap in commonality is created by being INFJ which makes life a little harder.

As far as the CAPT statistic being accurate, most stats that I find hold the INFJ and INFJ male to be the lowest percentage.

My MBTI Personality Type - My MBTI Results - How Frequent Is My Type?
    Personality Type Indicator | web.forret.com
    MBTI® Type Frequency Table for USA | Mivista Consulting, Inc. Michelle Villalobos, Sales Consulting, Workshops & Seminars based in Miami, Florida. Delivering hands-on, interactive, business skills-building workshops to corporations, chambers of comme

It's not really up for that much question in my mind. Maybe if we took a sample in a profession dominated by INFJ's like religious studies professors, than maybe we could fix the results, but in a fair cross section of humanity, it makes sense we're the lowest frequency. What are we clearly capable of and how important are those roles? Not that important really. Genetic lottery losers imo. It's hard saying that, when I know there are positive traits among fellow INFJ's with our dominant introverted intuition about relationships.
    I haven't read your threads...but are you tested as INFJ?
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

When I first realized the rarity of my type I felt more distant from the world than unique. It was only those who brought it to my attention that rare is good, did I make that connection, that I offer something distinct. More like extinct! I see it as a hindrance for life and relationships. I was already aware of how dissimilar I rationalize, compared to everyone around me, and learning I was an INFJ didn't really help. Most people just call us weird, and I happen to agree, we're weird compared to you. Being an INFJ in my opinion is not a good thing, statistically and financially speaking. I think of it as a predestination for a harder life compared to other types. Not a "boo freaking hoo, woe is me" but simply a gap in commonality is created by being INFJ which makes life a little harder.

As far as the CAPT statistic being accurate, most stats that I find hold the INFJ and INFJ male to be the lowest percentage.

My MBTI Personality Type - My MBTI Results - How Frequent Is My Type?
    Personality Type Indicator | web.forret.com
    MBTI® Type Frequency Table for USA | Mivista Consulting, Inc. Michelle Villalobos, Sales Consulting, Workshops & Seminars based in Miami, Florida. Delivering hands-on, interactive, business skills-building workshops to corporations, chambers of comme

It's not really up for that much question in my mind. Maybe if we took a sample in a profession dominated by INFJ's like religious studies professors, than maybe we could fix the results, but in a fair cross section of humanity, it makes sense we're the lowest frequency. What are we clearly capable of and how important are those roles? Not that important really. Genetic lottery losers imo. It's hard saying that, when I know there are positive traits among fellow INFJ's with our dominant introverted intuition about relationships.
    I'm not buying it. How harsh you sound...even to slam 'your own type..' You got eyes on you.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Mo really doesn't like sarcasm, but I'll forgive him/her/it! Tone is never conveyed on a post and may be seemingly hurtful however all is said in the funniest possible way. And I wouldn't call it ripping, Wolfys post came out of left field!

Why some types are more common and some are rarer? Well, I'd say the predestination of God. It's God's way of administering his sovereignty and perfection. A sovereign imprint onto our social order. Do you have an evolutionary reason? Just cuz? Is there a way of tampering with the genome to get the proper balance of personality types necessary for a functioning society? Predestination and the sovereignty of God is the best answer in my mind.
    This sounds ESTP.

MBTI
    I

Very interesting statistical compilation here - Meyers-Briggs Statistics

According to it, ISFJ is the most common and INFJ is the least. The gender differences are very interesting too. Most common male personality is ISTJ, most common female personality is ISFJ.