User Tag List

First 910111213 Last

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

i love france. i've always loved france, and now i know why.

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Weirdly enough, I know a million INFJs, INTJs and INFPs. Not so much of the extroverts. *puzzles*
    eNFJ 4w3 sx/so 468 tritype
    Neutral Good
    EII-Fi subtype, Ethical/Empath, Delta/Beta
    RLUEI, Choleric/Melancholic
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code
    Researcher: VDI-P
    Dramatic>Sensitive>Serious

MBTI
    TiSe

Ummm.. oh never mind..... on second thought folks please show me statistics where cognitive functions are considered, let alone used. When basing stats on dichotomies, you are muddling the functions. How do you separate Ni from Si in considering I? How do you separate Ni from Ne in considering IN? How do you separate Ni-Te from Ti-Ne when considering INT and so on. If we even assumed that Ni was the rarest function (which Jung never says there are rare functions), then as I have argued Ne gets to be rare by association and the same goes for the opposite if Si is the most common, then Se also becomes common due to being "S".

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    EIE None

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    "Why's" are usually outside of the realm of science, "why's" are for philosophers and INFJs to deal with. I feel that you are looking for meaning where there doesn't need to be any, it's just something that happened.
    Oh no they're not! Science is exactly about finding out "why's" and does go as far as to find out "why" we exist and cross over into the area of metaphysics, when it shouldn't. It's only in the case of the unexplanable that scientists either wisely say they don't know, or ignorantly (like the vast majority) shut their brains off and say there is no need to ask why as a front to outside views, because they think religious faiths are somehow going to stop them from making and testing an hypothesis. Which is ridiculous! It's only when science makes truth claims about an unproven theory that they show their idiocy, like macroevolution. For you I congratulate, for recognizing you can't explain why, but also question your thinking when saying there is no meaning, when the exact opposite is the case. There is meaning in everything where science is the uncovering and exposing of meaning and why things work as they do, especially in the area of the pure sciences like Math. A statement like "there doesn't need to be any" with respect to the origin of where everything came from just shows a lack of thought and ignorance to the question, not a conclusion to settle it.
    "Truth stands true, independent of whether you agree with it or not."

"Don't let what matters least, matter most."

Extroverted (E) 50% Introverted (I) 50%
    Intuitive (N) 62.5% Sensing (S) 37.5%
    Feeling (F) 51.61% Thinking (T) 48.39%
    Judging (J) 51.52% Perceiving (P) 48.48%
    8w9 EIE

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Quote Originally Posted by paisley1 View Post
    Oh no they're not! Science is exactly about finding out "why's" and does go as far as to find out "why" we exist and cross over into the area of metaphysics, when it shouldn't. It's only in the case of the unexplanable that scientists either wisely say they don't know, or ignorantly (like the vast majority) shut their brains off and say there is no need to ask why as a front to outside views, because they think religious faiths are somehow going to stop them from making and testing an hypothesis. Which is ridiculous!
    If something is unexplainable by science, I tend to say "I don't know", I'm happy with loose ends, I'm sure that in time our understanding of the universe may grow and we'll eventually be able to explain them. I'm ok with the unknown, but I'm not going to reach out into the unknown and take things which are unverifible and unable to be shared objectively with other people and try and enforce those beliefs on others, or try and change the objective world that we all share based on subjective beliefs. As a society we cshould be striving for objectivity, it's only fair.

For you I congratulate, for recognizing you can't explain why, but also question your thinking when saying there is no meaning, when the exact opposite is the case.
    What I mean is there is no obvious underlying meaning or purpose to it, there might be, but it's prudent not to jump to that conclusion.

There is meaning in everything where science is the uncovering and exposing of meaning and why things work as they do, especially in the area of the pure sciences like Math. A statement like "there doesn't need to be any" with respect to the origin of where everything came from just shows a lack of thought and ignorance to the question, not a conclusion to settle it.
    Our understanding of the universe is too limited to draw any definitive conclusions about everything, we can only work piece by piece, gradually putting the puzzle together. Catch-all conclusions like God arent really conclusions at all, it's like drawing a picture and sticking it over top of the jigsaw puzzle and pretending it's finished.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    8w9
    Socionics
    EIE None

Macroevolution is just as subjective and unverifiable!!! Macroevolution is the EXACT same thing as the problems you are describing in that "drawing a picture and sticking it over top of the jigsaw puzzle and pretending it's finished." Macroevolution to the wider group who disagree with it's validity and are forced to put up with unending theories to try and prop it up, are feeling the same thing as evolutionists who are forced by religious nutters to believe something they don't agree with. Faith is to believe, and that is the same thing as macroevolution to the scientist, they believe it so strongly, without any verifiable evidence.

If in any way you think I'm forcing you believe what I believe, I'm not, I just want you to understand where I'm coming from....meet me half way on this discourse.
    "Truth stands true, independent of whether you agree with it or not."

"Don't let what matters least, matter most."

Extroverted (E) 50% Introverted (I) 50%
    Intuitive (N) 62.5% Sensing (S) 37.5%
    Feeling (F) 51.61% Thinking (T) 48.39%
    Judging (J) 51.52% Perceiving (P) 48.48%
    8w9 EIE

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Science is fairy majikz.
    Neutral Good
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILE None

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    Weirdly enough, I know a million INFJs, INTJs and INFPs. Not so much of the extroverts. *puzzles*
    They run from you ?
    Expression of the post modern paradox : "For the love of god, religions are so full of shit"

Theory is always superseded by Fact...
    ... In theory.

“I’d hate to die twice. It’s so boring.”
    Richard Feynman's last recorded words

"Great is the human who has not lost his childlike heart."
    Mencius (Meng-Tse), 4th century BCE

MBTI
    eNFJ
    Enneagram
    4w3 sx/so
    Socionics
    eNFJ Ni

Quote Originally Posted by EcK View Post
    They run from you ?
    My flying monkeys will deal with you, little boy.
    Neutral Good
    Inquistive/Limbic
    AIS Holland code

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by PinkPiranha View Post
    My flying monkeys will deal with you, little boy.
    *throws a bucket of water onto Pink*

Maybe you don't know many because extroverts prefer to interact with other extroverts. (I noticed that you have a "weak E") Or at least, that's what my assumption is. :P