• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What function is attributed to Charisma

What function is attributed to charisma

• Ne

Votes: 15 51.7%
  • Fe

Votes: 14 48.3%
  • Te

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Fi

Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Se

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • some combination of the above

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • other function (please name)

Votes: 2 6.9%

• Total voters

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
What function is attributed to Charisma and leadership. Please vote and justify.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Se and Te seem to be good leadership functions.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Ne and Fe because these functions have the most insight into other people at the moment of interactions. Fi and Ni do on reflection and analysis.

Edgar

Nerd King Usurper
MBTI Type
INTJ
Instinctual Variant
sx
My ginormous genitalia is the source of my mighty charisma powers.

G

garbage

To me, they're two different questions.

(This is about functions whose traits can be attributed to charisma and leadership.. not to say that other types can't be leaders..)

Charisma? Se. Se-dominants tend to make the best salespeople for a reason.. being able to seize immediate opportunities in conversations goes a long way.

Fi or Fe might also be considered.. there's something about actually connecting with others that makes them like you.

Leadership? Te. Te mobilizes and speaks with full confidence, and it doesn't necessarily care about being liked. It just.. does. It's a powerhouse when supplemented with Ni or even Ne.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
To me, they're two different questions.

(This is about functions whose traits can be attributed to charisma and leadership.. not to say that other types can't be leaders..)

Charisma? Se. Se-dominants tend to make the best salespeople for a reason.. being able to seize immediate opportunities in conversations goes a long way.

Fi or Fe might also be considered.. there's something about actually connecting with others that makes them like you.

Leadership? Te. Te mobilizes and speaks with full confidence, and it doesn't necessarily care about being liked. It just.. does. It's a powerhouse when supplemented with Ni or even Ne.

Leadership wiuthout charisma is impossible, unless you wanyt to act like a dick and use aggression to force people into submission (ESTJ).

What I want to know is what type is more likely to have charisma:

EP or EJ?

and how is EJ charisma different from EP charisma? Of course IJ can also have charisma like Ghandi, but thats a different catefory.

G

garbage

Leadership wiuthout charisma is impossible, unless you wanyt to act like a dick and use aggression to force people into submission (ESTJ).

My point exactly.. leadership is possible without charisma exactly because of the exceptions that you and I have both described.

But I digress.. you're asking about charisma itself now, so.. carry on.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
My point exactly.. leadership is possible without charisma exactly because of the exceptions that you and I have both described.

But I digress.. you're asking about charisma itself now, so.. carry on.

hmmm....I guess its possible, but is being aggressive and forceful a form of charisma?

FDG

pathwise dependent
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
7w8
Type-indipendent, in my experience.

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
It may not have to do with the functions, but it definitlely has something to do with EP or EJ.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
From my experience it's not Te or Fe, seeing as how I have very little of both. Charisma has nothing to do with actually being a capable leader and I'm a good example seeing as, for all the "fun" people had, I'm always behind schedule or don't get much work done when charged with leading a group.

I think if anyone were to call me charismatic, Fi would be the function most responsible for that. Ironically, it's the distate for authority that people seem to admire most in me. It's the "doing what I want to do no matter what others say" and also the ability to empathize in most situations, when there is a problem (people like me but they also know I'm kinda lenient - and this is why I'm a lousy leader;charismatic, maybe, but not very successful).

Ne really helps too but Fi is most present in the most serious situations and gets more admiration, I think.

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
anyone, regardless of type, can be a leader. anyone, regardless of type, can be charismatic.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I don't recognize function usage enough in others to know but I'd say the most charismatic people that I've seen were ENFPs and ENFJs.

and...i don't know a whole lot of people's types.