• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How do you type people?

mlittrell

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w1
typing people is much simpler if you ignore functions altogether. if you use the temperaments you will find that it is extremely simple to type people. the differences between an NF and an SJ should be quite obvious.

Nonsensical

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Sometimes straight down through- I/E, N/S, F/T, J/P. When I don't do it that way I usually get the E/I and N/S first. Then J/P, and finally F/T last.

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
typing people is much simpler if you ignore functions altogether. if you use the temperaments you will find that it is extremely simple to type people. the differences between an NF and an SJ should be quite obvious.

Agreed. From my limited experience at typing people I know IRL anyway.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Can you explain this further?

I'm pretty new to MBTI, so typing people is not second nature for me, but I do find it easy to identify introverts and intuitives, probably because I am one. I know how they think...

Now how can one recognize the introverts and intuitives from across a room?

"Verbally: not attached to feeling, and often disregard them altogether in favor of the next two higher functions."

To clarify, it's been helpful for me to identify signs of Fe in people. I suspect that this is the case because I have such strong Fi. In Socionics, I used the Lookalike entp-estp for my example--though how one first detects another's type likely varies from type perception to type perception. I say this because I tend to notice Fe in this pair right away, rather than their Ti.

Let's ask if ixtps tend to detect Te before Fi in enfp and esfps (another extrovert Lookalike pair)!

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
P and J are difficult to type just from observing ther person. Most people don't even know the difference between EP and EJ.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Generally I just look at their type on their profile. If they don't have it on their profile, I have them take the test. If they won't take the test, my curiosity remains unsatisfied. :(

sade

+1
That's what I do too. Look at the temperament first.
And certain behavioral combinations. EP's, ST's etc..