User Tag List

First 2345 Last

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    Is the principle here to type people based on their weakness and not their strengths? I think I lean in the opposite direction, observing people's strengths. This came to my mind just last night in a thread questioning introversion and extroversion. Some people switch types depending on when they are distressed/depressed or feeling well. My impression is that a true type is who you are when you aren't sick, depressed, or wounded, because those are the times when compensations start. It's an interesting dilemma. Is type most clearly revealing at our worst or at our best?

"What's your problem" is usually a statement of aggression, not an actual question, but most of that would be determined by tone. I wouldn't answer it to a stranger and for someone close to me, I might just reflect back, "what do you think my problem is?" to get a sense of their motivation and relevance for asking.
    I think we make judgements according to what you see, and that is entirely dependant on how you perceive yourself. If I lack social skills, I will be more likely to be aware of that trait on another person, simply because I'm focused on it's absence in myself...etc, etc. And since we are more accutely aware of our weakness than our strength, we may be more likely to see weeknesses in others. I may be drunk...

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    I used to piss my family off by letting the trash can get more and more full, stuffing it down, building it up, until stuff almost came falling out and then they would come yelling, "YOU KNOW YOU CAN'T PUT ANY MORE IN THAT!!!!"

And I said, "Oh, yeah, right," and changed it. Hehehehehe

I know a teen who did that. I took all the trash that fell on the floor and put it on his bed. He doesn't do it anymore.

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Biaxident View Post
    I know a teen who did that. I took all the trash that fell on the floor and put it on his bed. He doesn't do it anymore.
    Well of course I don't do it anymore lol - just back when I was a teen hahaa
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

Charting a course
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by Little Linguist View Post
    Well of course I don't do it anymore lol - just back when I was a teen hahaa
    Well of course not. But since he did it for several months and didn't seem to understand why it needed to be taken out. I decided that if he couldn't take out the trash before it overflowed onto the floor. I would use his bed as a trash receptacle.
    After the first time I put banana peels, an empty ice cream container, and empty cat food cans on his bed. It stopped

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by raz View Post
    I tend to look for combinations and temperaments more so. The SFs are really touchy-feely. NFs just have this save the world vibe to them. NTs don't give a fuck about the people around them. STs are obsessed with understanding how to use or do something technical. SPs are stuck in RIGHT NOW. They aren't down to Earth. They aren't stuck in the here and now. That's too general. They're most concerned about RIGHT THIS SECOND.
    Hmm..It's an all-too common misconception that All NTs don't care about others..

Well I don't speak for all the other NTs.

I will however say it may appear that we don't care as we are THINKING while you are looking for feeling.

It's not to say there aren't any NTs indeed who really don't care about others around them..for anyone to assume there are no evil people of each given type would be naive.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

MBTI
    I

I look at each of the four categories, and decide which letter fits them in each. If I can't decide on a letter, I look at their top cognitive functions to help me. This is how I almost always type people.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

If you're trying to type someone, seconds after meeting them you can start to see behavior that either confirms or contradicts E/I, N/S..etc. And after that, you can see how consistent your initial assessments were.... and what you're left with is a pretty good idea to what their type is, if you do it right.

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

Quote Originally Posted by Avatar7 View Post
    Hmm..It's an all-too common misconception that All NTs don't care about others..

Well I don't speak for all the other NTs.

I will however say it may appear that we don't care as we are THINKING while you are looking for feeling.

It's not to say there aren't any NTs indeed who really don't care about others around them..for anyone to assume there are no evil people of each given type would be naive.
    Could you explain this to me, please? I'm not trying to be an ass - I'm serious. Just don't understand how people care by thinking versus feeling, and besides, I think this would be useful for the original poster anyway...Never quite got how that works, and it would be nice to understand.
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.

MBTI
    intp

Quote Originally Posted by untypable View Post
    Generally, I don't waste time typing people in the real world because i rather they take the test thjemselves.
    But i enjoy figuring out famous historical figures fictional figurres, and people who share the same type as me.

What do you look for when you type other people?
    I look for this

1) their dominant letter
    2) their variable letter
    3) their weakest letter
    4) function intensity

How bout you people?
    I type IRL people I know based on interactions over a long period. So far, the track record is pretty good - if it's off, then it's right within a letter (I manage to cajole them into taking the test). The letter is not usually a core letter - NT, SP, SJ, NF are correct. Oddly, I haven't found any greater return in accuracy from knowing someone 8 years versus, say, 3.
    hoarding time and space
    A single event can awaken within us a stranger totally unknown to us. To live is to be slowly born.
    — Antoine de Saint-Exupery

I just naturally try to figure out people, so even if I would try to stop typing someone I couldn't.

Introversion and extroversion are often pretty obvious, can I co-exist with them in silence or do they get offended if there is no conversation. Also if someone likes closure or just leaves things to the last minute is easy to spot, especially in people who are in authority above you. Also you can spot a S from a N often by how deep you can go talking to them. Ses often have a line that is difficult to cross, at some point you just can't get really any deeper anymore.