User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    iNtJ

Usually when I type someone, it's because something they said or did made one or more of the letters obvious. When I talk to people, I'll often get vibes such as:

"That was such an SFJ thing to say."
    "They get it, must be NT."
    "Why can't she just decide already? Must be a P."

Then I go from there and fill in the other letters with what makes sense.
    I can't turn it off. It's hard for me NOT to type people. Probably not a good sign.

Look for type if I know it already. ie. INFJ INTP ENTP ENFP INFP ENFJ ENTJ INTJ ISFP ESFP ISTP

For the rest I don't have a clue . I try to spot functions often also.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by sonata View Post
    Usually when I type someone, it's because something they said or did made one or more of the letters obvious. When I talk to people, I'll often get vibes such as:

"That was such an SFJ thing to say."
    "They get it, must be NT."
    "Why can't she just decide already? Must be a P."

Then I go from there and fill in the other letters with what makes sense.
    I can't turn it off. It's hard for me NOT to type people. Probably not a good sign.
    This is how I do it too. And I also do it far too much. I type everyone and then I convince them to take the test themselves. It is a sick little obsession.

Ne > Ni > Ti > Fi > Te> Fe > Se > Si

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    I'm the opposite, I don't bother typing historical/fictional figures, I find no value in that whereas typing people irl helps me understand their intricacies better and therefore build better relationships.
    The reason I DO like typing historical, finctional (and current popular people), is because they provide possible MODELS of type/temperament, that you can use to get an idea of the people around you (either what type they are to begin with, or if you already know, how to relate to them). You you can think "If I want to get an idea of what this type is, I can just look at this person".
    Their whole "personalities" and full range of behaviors are out in the open for you to see. Of course, a fictional character does nto really have a type, because they are not real. Public figures can have persona masks, and historical figures you are seeing through the distortions of others' memory. But it still gives a possible idea.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    54 so/sp
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

With Fe in the third slot down, I look for a few things in the estp and entp.

Physically: curl of the lower lip while speaking.
    Verbally: not attached to feeling, and often disregard them altogether in favor of the next two higher functions.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by lemons View Post
    If you ask "what's your problem?" to a random person, you will easily learn how to type them with proficiency.
    Is the principle here to type people based on their weakness and not their strengths? I think I lean in the opposite direction, observing people's strengths. This came to my mind just last night in a thread questioning introversion and extroversion. Some people switch types depending on when they are distressed/depressed or feeling well. My impression is that a true type is who you are when you aren't sick, depressed, or wounded, because those are the times when compensations start. It's an interesting dilemma. Is type most clearly revealing at our worst or at our best?

"What's your problem" is usually a statement of aggression, not an actual question, but most of that would be determined by tone. I wouldn't answer it to a stranger and for someone close to me, I might just reflect back, "what do you think my problem is?" to get a sense of their motivation and relevance for asking.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

Quote Originally Posted by candylandjoe View Post
    Verbally: not attached to feeling, and often disregard them altogether in favor of the next two higher functions.

Can you explain this further?

I'm pretty new to MBTI, so typing people is not second nature for me, but I do find it easy to identify introverts and intuitives, probably because I am one. I know how they think...

Now how can one recognize the introverts and intuitives from across a room?

I pay attantion to what the person is doing and saying and how they do it.
    Usually I try to guess the parts that look more obvious first. Then I try to figure out the parts that are less obvious.

MBTI
    LoLz

I tend to look for combinations and temperaments more so. The SFs are really touchy-feely. NFs just have this save the world vibe to them. NTs don't give a fuck about the people around them. STs are obsessed with understanding how to use or do something technical. SPs are stuck in RIGHT NOW. They aren't down to Earth. They aren't stuck in the here and now. That's too general. They're most concerned about RIGHT THIS SECOND.

Then there are the FJs. They're obsessed with their relationships depending on their position on the ISFJ -> ENFJ scale, ENFJ being the most obsessed. INs are just off in their own world. To an INxx, it's their world and you're just part of it. There are TJs also, who want to make sure everything is systematic and organized. See, the FJs organize to make things neat. TJs organize for efficiency. If they don't need to organize something for a productive use, then it's forgotten. The FJ is like, "'People might see my messy room, I must clean it!" The TJ is just like, "Oh fuck, my trash can needs to be emptied or I won't be able to keep putting stuff in it.'"

Plus there are the two types that are really extremes in terms of being in tune with the world. INTJ and ESFP. INTJ is so detached from the world that they don't care if you live or die as long as their plan comes to fruition. ESFP is the opposite. They're completely attached to the outside world and everything happening in it comes first. That includes anything fun and exciting to anything concerning people in general.

That's enough for now. If anyone wants to bash my essay, go ahead. I was bored.

Striving for balance Little Linguist's Avatar
    MBTI
    xNFP

I used to piss my family off by letting the trash can get more and more full, stuffing it down, building it up, until stuff almost came falling out and then they would come yelling, "YOU KNOW YOU CAN'T PUT ANY MORE IN THAT!!!!"

And I said, "Oh, yeah, right," and changed it. Hehehehehe
    If you are interested in language, words, linguistics, or foreign languages, check out my blog and read, post, and/or share.