• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Extraverted Intution

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I confess, I really don't have a clue what Ne is all about! I understand the technical descriptions of this odd function, but I don't really "get" it at all. Still, for what it's worth (not much, I suspect), here's a list of presumed Ne traits from an outsider's perspective, based on 17 years of living with an ENTP:

Ne is:

No good at spelling (check out thread title for proof).
Loses things constantly.
Talks. In. Short. Sentences.
Totally unpredictable, even for an INFJ.
Very silly.
Likes practical jokes.
Sometimes gets very paranoid.
Truly and utterly hopeless with details.
Cannot help joining the dots.
Cannot even SEE the dots!
Cannot tell left from right.
Solves TV murder mysteries in the first ten seconds.
Never does anything the same way twice.
Never, ever reads instruction manuals.
Understands metaphors better than literal explanations.
Pretends to be listening even when it isn't.
IS listening even when it doesn't appear to be.
Has little or no sense of time.
Considers "now" to be a flexible concept.
Considers "tidiness" to be an overrated concept.
Really, really good at generating new ideas.
Some of those ideas are sheer genius.
Some of those ideas are not as good as they seemed at first.
Some of those ideas are fatally flawed, but this only becomes obvious when it's far too late!
Prefers to delegate all of the mundane, routine, boring bits to a nearby INFJ.

:17425:

yes :blush:

Qre:us

Ne is:

No good at spelling (check out thread title for proof).
Loses things constantly.
Talks. In. Short. Sentences.
Totally unpredictable, even for an INFJ.
Very silly.
Likes practical jokes.
Sometimes gets very paranoid.
Truly and utterly hopeless with details.
Cannot help joining the dots.
Cannot even SEE the dots!
Cannot tell left from right.
Solves TV murder mysteries in the first ten seconds.
Never does anything the same way twice.
Never, ever reads instruction manuals.
Understands metaphors better than literal explanations.
Pretends to be listening even when it isn't.
IS listening even when it doesn't appear to be.
Has little or no sense of time.
Considers "now" to be a flexible concept.
Considers "tidiness" to be an overrated concept.
Really, really good at generating new ideas.
Some of those ideas are sheer genius.
Some of those ideas are not as good as they seemed at first.
Some of those ideas are fatally flawed, but this only becomes obvious when it's far too late!

Yeah!
Prefers to delegate all of the mundane, routine, boring bits to a nearby INFJ.

:17425:

:whistling:

G

garbage

My ISTJ boss and I were looking over a requirements document.. and he asked me to shoot an email to our customer asking for clarification on anything that wasn't obvious.

That was a difficult task, because pretty much everything was obvious to me because I couldn't help but infer some interconnections between ideas in the document that filled in the gaps. I seriously couldn't think of what to ask.

Ne :doh:

Although.. when we got together and came up with a list of questions, it turned out that it did properly fill in the gaps to match the customer's interpretation.. so..

Ne :nice:

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Apollanaut : I'd only disagree with "dislike practical jokes", I think. Practical jokes are like "banana peel" stuff right?

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I actually said "likes practical jokes". And nothing so crude as banana skins; we're talking multi-level, complex hoaxes involving considerable planning, that could only emerge from the mind of an evil genius!

VagrantFarce

Would this be Ne?

When I was learning to drive, my instructor would often ask me a question about road safety or whatever, expecting me to tell him the answer. the problem was that I would always know what the answer was but instinctly think "that's too obvious, he must be thinking of something else", so I would sit there thinking of something that would not only make sense, but was really really obscure and unobvious. I must have seemed like such an airheaded dunce. :doh:

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
I actually said "likes practical jokes". And nothing so crude as banana skins; we're talking multi-level, complex hoaxes involving considerable planning, that could only emerge from the mind of an evil genius!

I meant "likes practical jokes", yeah. I still don't know if I would say I like that kind of stuff. It depends. But if someone's getting hurt..I just don't find it funny, dunno why. Take "Jackass" for instance....why the hell do people laugh at that sort of stuff?

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I meant "likes practical jokes", yeah. I still don't know if I would say I like that kind of stuff. It depends. But if someone's getting hurt..I just don't find it funny, dunno why. Take "Jackass" for instance....why the hell do people laugh at that sort of stuff?

That's one of the differences between ENFPs and ENTPs, the latter have a much more evil sense of humour!

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Would this be Ne?

When I was learning to drive, my instructor would often ask me a question about road safety or whatever, expecting me to tell him the answer. the problem was that I would always know what the answer was but instinctly think "that's too obvious, he must be thinking of something else", so I would sit there thinking of something that would not only make sense, but was really really obscure and unobvious. I must have seemed like such an airheaded dunce. :doh:
i do that too...i don't know if it's ne but i often think people must be looking for something less obvious than they are.

i know!
That's one of the differences between ENFPs and ENTPs, the latter have a much more evil sense of humour!
and...oh...that makes sense.