• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How loud and obnoxious are you in reality?

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
There are already a few threads around talking about ENTPs and how introverted (in the traditional sense of the word) they can be. I find it too hard to pick up how extraverted someone is around here, the image of how outgoing someone is in reality is warped by their style of writing which is very different to talking.

I believe I'm an ENTP but extravert is a word that no one would use to describe me, I recently met another forum member who I'm sure will attest to this. I can be shy, withdrawn, quiet and introspective but still Ne is my primary function and I find I'm energised by external factors.

I'm specifically interested in hearing from ENTxs, or those who know ENTxs IRL but anyone can answer as it would be interesting to see what the patterns are with different types.

Using the traditional definition of the word extravert;

What's your type?

How traditionally extraverted do you consider yourself to be?
-2. Stop looking at me!
-1. You can look but don't expect me to talk.
0. Extraverted but happy to stfu and listen.
1. I'm not always the centre of attention, but I should be.
2. People hear me coming from a block away, wooohooo!

Would the people who know you well call you extraverted or outgoing?

How extraverted would most people consider you after meeting for the first time?

Do you enjoy, and are you comfortable in large social gatherings?

If you didn't know anyone at the gathering what would you do?

Do any of these words fit you; Enthusiastic, talkative, assertive or gregarious? If so, under what circumstances?

Do you enjoy alone time or do you get bored?

How long could you comfortably go without interacting with others?

Are you answering this cause you're bored and you want attention?

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

What is that definition? You mean the original one that Jung invented? Somehow I suspect you actually mean in the socially active sense, even thought Jung's definition is the original one. I'll just assume that.

What's your type?

INTP

-2. Stop looking at me!
0. Extraverted but happy stfu and listen.

Haha. Those choices are a bit odd. Let's just say that out of a group of Introverts, I'll be in the more Introverted half (probably corresponds to -2).

No.

How extraverted would most people consider you after meeting for the first time?

As extraverted as a wraith.

No.

Leave if there is no obligation to stay.

Do any of these words fit you; Enthusiastic, talkative, assertive or gregarious? If so, under what circumstances?

Enthusiastic if I came up with a neat idea. Talkative and assertive if I feel knowledgable on the current subject and trust my audience. Almost never gregarious...

Well, naturally, I get lonely and bored sometimes. Being alone doesn't equate to boredom for me though. I know that I spend far more time alone than a lot of people I know could handle.

At least a week apparently. It does start to bother me though. I really have no desire to interact with most people, though. I start yearning to interact with very specific people.

Are you answering this cause you're bored and you want attention?[/QUOTE]

The first part. If the second part is true, then only sub-consciously.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
What is that definition? Somehow I suspect you actually mean in the socially active sense.

Yup, I mean traditional as in what your average joe on the street would mean if they used the word extraverted.

wolfy

awsm
ISFP

+
=
Extraverted but happy to stfu and be the centre of attention

Yes

Above average

Yes

Talk to someone

Enthusiastic, talkative, When I feel like it.

I enjoy it. I get bored.

I can go a long time. I go stir crazy though.

Indeed I am, indeed I am.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
IRL but anyone can answer as it would be interesting to see what the patterns are with different types.

What's your type?
INFP

-2. Stop looking at me!
-1. You can look but don't expect me to talk.<-this one unless I'VE totally muddled something then, don't look at me!

yeah some would

How extraverted would most people consider you after meeting for the first time? not very, sometimes I'm not a very consisted person with this.but most of the time not very. so yes not very going with that sounds good

sometimes but i prefer medium and I like being the creep who watches everyone.

not go

enthusiastic, if its like woohoo bread! talkative around people I know
yes i like being alone.

Um as long as need be but I don't notice how drained I am until I get a moment to reflect and go I'm exhausted. And also how awsome the people I'm around are. less awesome more tired more awesome less tired.

Are you answering this cause you're bored and you want attention?yes

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp
What's your type?
ENTP (strongly typed)

-2. Stop looking at me!
0. Extraverted but happy (to?) stfu and listen.

0; yeah

depends how well i click with them, but prolly 0-2

1-2; yeah

at first, 1...by the end of the night, 2.
find someone to talk to. meet their friends. get a drink and move on to the next group...meet more people till i know everyone (more accurately: till everyone knows me.) i should mention that i dont pro-actively do this. this is what happens.

not gregarious. also, i enjoy parties where noone knows me more
fairly talkative.
definitely assertive...dont give too much shit bout same sex unless they are talking bout something that would be of interest to me at a party...actually, this depends on my mood...
very enthusiastic no matter what...work party/kegger/formal

enjoy with a big e

without my regular(close) friends? 1.5-2 weeks
there are weekends when my friends get confused cuz they have no idea what i did.
i spend time with myself, music, and sites with intersting stuff (currently cognitive functions)...most of my friends would not believe this and would say that im making shit up cuz im hanging out with my 'other' friends

no...if i wanted attention, i would go streaking.
im answering cuz this helps me establish firm present day facts bout myself....and it adds to the database

kiddykat

movin melodies
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4, 7
What's your type?
ENFP

-2. Stop looking at me!

Would the people who know you well call you extraverted or outgoing? Depends. Most would consider me in between, a little bit more extroverted.

How extraverted would most people consider you after meeting for the first time? On the scale of 1-10? Probably an 8.

Do you enjoy, and are you comfortable in large social gatherings? Yes. I don't mind. I like it.

I would randomly talk to whomever I bump into, if we both want to start a convo, then I'll talk. If not, then I keep to myself. Usually, I talk to the extroverts who introduce me to the introverts. Depends on the vibes I get off of people I meet and how they respond?

Do any of these words fit you; Enthusiastic, talkative, assertive or gregarious? If so, under what circumstances? Enthusiastic, pretty talkative (If I'm comfortable around the person), assertive when I need to, gregarious to a certain degree.. in most circumstances.

I love alone time. I also love hanging out with friends/family, but I need to step away maybe after 5 hours? Depends on the people as well. I can spend 2 entire days with someone I completely click with and still feel comfortable.

How long could you comfortably go without interacting with others? Maybe 5 hours.. If I'm around super-loud folks? A little less than that.

Are you answering this cause you're bored and you want attention?Nah. If it helps, I hope that by contributing, others will be able to see a pattern of behavior b2n introverts/extroverts. =)

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
There are already a few threads around talking about ENTPs and how introverted (in the traditional sense of the word) they can be. I find it too hard to pick up how extraverted someone is around here, the image of how outgoing someone is in reality is warped by their style of writing which is very different to talking.

I believe I'm an ENTP but extravert is a word that no one would use to describe me, I recently met another forum member who I'm sure will attest to this. I can be shy, withdrawn, quiet and introspective but still Ne is my primary function and I find I'm energised by external factors.

I'm specifically interested in hearing from ENTxs, or those who know ENTxs IRL but anyone can answer as it would be interesting to see what the patterns are with different types.

What's your type?

-2. Stop looking at me!

I am moderately extroverted. I wouldn't mind being the center of attentiuon, yet I would not crave it either. I can make public speeches promoting gay rights and other political sensitive issues on the streets, speaking to 10s of thousands of people, without feeling ashamed of it. But I would not do it as for attention, I would do it to practice courage. I am pretty shameless in this sense.

Most of the timethough, i am pretty introverted. I rarely speak unless it is necessary. I rather read books than gey drunk and whore out in parties. I prefer to be alone more than with people, especially if theyt are not in the same wavelength as me. If I am forced to be with them, i would just zone out.

bluebell

MBTI Type
INTP
I believe I'm an ENTP but extravert is a word that no one would use to describe me, I recently met another forum member who I'm sure will attest to this.

*grin* Would you have been similar or quieter if it had been a large group instead of just the two of us? I was pretty chatty because it was one on one and I'd had a couple of beers, but I tend to go pretty much silent in large groups. Large = 4 or more people.

What's your type?

INTP. Probably. (fairly sure of the I and T, anyways)

-2. Stop looking at me!

I used to be -3 but probably hover between -1 and 0 if I know the people well enough and I'm comfortable with them. Work has made me learn how to act E if I need to, but in a large group, I might say a couple of sentences over the space of several hours.

Rarely.

At work, I can turn on the chattiness if I need to so at work I'd say borderline introvert/extravert. Outside of work, very much introvert. Unless I'm drunk.

I don't mind going to the occasional party and sometimes I enjoy them. I don't feel particularly comfortable though, it definitely takes me out of my comfort zone.

Try to make myself introduce myself to others and start a few conversations. If I didn't know anyone at the party, I'd probably leave as soon as I could politely do so.

Rarely. I'm sometimes talkative and occasionally enthusiastic. I make myself be assertive and gregarious at work because I need to be at times, but it doesn't come naturally.

I love alone time, as long as I have internet access.

If we're talking zero interaction (ie not even going to the shops), probably a couple of days. Maybe a little longer.

No. I'm mildly addicted to surveys and questionnaires.

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
*grin* Would you have been similar or quieter if it had been a large group instead of just the two of us? I was pretty chatty because it was one on one and I'd had a couple of beers, but I tend to go pretty much silent in large groups. Large = 4 or more people.

I could go silent if the group consisted of a bunch of people I'd only just met but who all knew each other, or if there were chatty people dominating the conversation, or if the topic bored me and I couldn't swing it in a direction I liked.

The only times I’m really chatty are when I’m excited, talking about something I’m passionate about to a sympathetic audience or have been drinking. The amount of people listening don't really have an impact there but if others are happy to talk I’m happy to say little until one of those things happens.

No. I'm mildly addicted to surveys and questionnaires.

Lol! Me too, I've currently going through the 20 tests thread :blush:

thisGuy

MBTI Type
entp

[/b]

hey, how bout you answer your questions too...i wanna see

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
What's your type?

INTJ

-2. Stop looking at me!

-2, but in my case there is no one to look at me in most cases.
But if needed I can stretch myself all the way to 1

Since I have no close friends(or enemies) I will say "No" to this one.

That depends on the situation. If I see the point of creating a conection they could find me somewhat extroverted. That also depends if we are one on one or in group. In groups I let other to do the talking.

I am not comfortable or uncomfortable. I simply don't see the point.

Trust me I would never end up in that kind of situation.

Enthusiastic- I am not sure how you define "Enthusiastic"
Talkative- in general, there is no way I can be a person that is talkative
Assertive- when I am open my mouth this is the way I communicate
Gregarious- I don't think so

As a person I am almost never bored since I have very very developed inner world. The thing is that I can be in around people and be alone with myself.
In general people don't drain me or energize me.

Very Long.
From what I know from experiance I can live without people for year(s).
Once I have spend an entire year without having a decent conversation with another person. There were even weeks when I did not say a word if I remember correctly. The last real party I was on was new year 2006.

No I am not bored. I just want to place some things I have posted in perspective.

BlueScreen

Fail 2.0
MBTI Type
YMCA
What's your type?

ENFP

-2. Stop looking at me!

Depends on the day. Somewhere between 0 and 2. Always seem to be up for a conversation if it is on.

Maybe. Or just silly. They tend to say no one they know can make less sense :).

Depends again on the situation. I'm normally pretty calm when I first meet people one on one, and often take a more introverted role, because it is more comfortable and puts me in a better position to learn. If it's at a party I'll often do the excited extroverted version of get to know you though :).

Yeh, there's lots of people to meet. And a lot going on. As long as there isn't a large group of people that are so unlike me that I can find no interest, I enjoy social occasions.

Find someone to talk to, who seemed interesting and easy going, and go from there. Meet some people they knew, join a conversation, etc.

Enthusiastic sometimes, talkative if I'm anywhere but feeling completely stuck, and gregarious most of the time. I'm not very assertive.

Love alone time. Always need it. And look forward to getting home to think freely, as much as I look forward to socialising.

A long time probably. It is only the adjustment back to social after it that feels weird.

Yes. Always!

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
hey, how bout you answer your questions too...i wanna see

Sure thing :) Thanks to those who have posted btw.

What's your type?
This is the question isn't it :D I'm going with ENTP for now.

My introverted friends may consider me outgoing because of my apparent lack of shame and assertiveness but I don't think anyone who knows me would suggest I'm an extravert, if they did I'm sure they'd do it with a huge smirk and a lot of sarcasm.

When I have to network for professional reasons again people may consider me outgoing or assertive and when I have to impress I have had people consider me 'bright and bubbly' but it's all a ruse.

In laid back social situations (without booze) I'm more likely to be seen as an observer.

I find I'm often the last to leave in social situations, I'll often start the night feeling uncomfortable if I'm unfamiliar with the people or environment but by the end I won't want to leave and will try to keep others going.

If I was in a situation where I could sit back and people watch and take it casual talking to those who made eye contact or struck up a random conversation I'd be happy. If I had to mingle I'd probably feel a little self conscience but tell myself most others do as well so make myself get over it and try to find 1 or 2 people I could somewhat latch onto at any point of the night if needed so I don't feel like I'm standing out on my own.

Enthusiastic; It takes less and less to get me excited as I'm getting older but I'm still pretty contained most of the time.

Talkative; As I said in the previous post the only times I’m really chatty are when I’m excited, talking about something I’m passionate about to a sympathetic audience or have been drinking.

Assertive; In business, yes. Socially, I'm often content to just let things happen. I don't like talking over people and I don't often feel I have to prove my point to anyone.

Gregarious; Never. Those people intrigue (and sometimes perplex and annoy) me.

I enjoy alone time and always find a way to occupy myself.

Days, even a week maybe but I would probably start getting antsy after 2-3 days.

No :huh: That's why I wrote it!

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
What's your type?

ESTP

-2. Stop looking at me!

2! People hear me from half a state away!

Absolutely.

I am the poster child of extroversion.

I thrive in them, I love to have an audience, I fall asleep in meetings when I don't have anything to present. I'm not kidding!

Jump in and introduce everyone to everyone else and then we'd all have a drink.

All fit under all all circumstances in my life. I am that way. :happy:

Being alone is not preferred if I have the option of good company. If I don't have the option of good company, then I'd rather be on my own.

Total isolation? Or just not having a scheduled outing with one or more people? I'm fine as long as I have stuff to do, which I always do.

If I wanted attention everyone here would know. I'm answering this out fo the goodness of my heart in an attempt to give you the information you are seeking, because you're my friend and I'm nice like that. :hug:

BerberElla

12 and a half weeks
MBTI Type
infp

What's your type?

INFP.

-2. Stop looking at me!

Unless I'm having a bad day when it's -2

Yes, the people who know are convinced the test is wrong because I am extremely extraverted around them, sometimes more so than those of my friends who are extroverts.

Not very, I need to warm up to someone first.

Clubs = yes, raves = yes, festivals = yes, house parties = HELL NAW.

I wouldn't be there in the first place, I don't go to gatherings without a good friend or to meet my friend there. If for some reason they didn't show I would leave.

Enthusiastic = check, talkative = check check, assertive = no, more like aggressive, and never gregarious, at least not since I grew up.

The first 2 would be when I am amongst my friends, then I am the life and soul of the gathering.

I enjoy it for awhile, but loneliness drives me out eventually. I can get quite bored without socialising since I enjoy socialising with my friends.

Comfortably? a couple of days max, but circumstances have conspired to ensure I sometimes go months without interacting with others.

Nah man, it's because you were asking. :newwink:

G

garbage

What's your type?
ENFP probably

-2. Stop looking at me!

0 around individuals, 1-2 around crowds. So.. 1?

On average, yeah.. I've got a few very, very extroverted friends who wouldn't agree, though.

Those who have known me for a long time have also known me when I was shy and misanthropic, and so not outgoing. If their perception of me is shaped by that stage of my life, their overall perception would be that I'm.. well, not extroverted. Either that, or they'll feel that I've changed significantly.

Probably very much so, but I always get a sense of when I'm supposed to slow down. Extroverting all over someone on a first meeting isn't always the best approach :D To that end, I'm called personable more than I'm called extroverted.

If they've met me at a social gathering where I'll interact with other people, then they'd definitely think me to be very extroverted.

My interaction with individuals is much different and variable than my interaction with groups of people.

Yeah, I thrive at large parties and in crowds, and I'm usually at the center of them.

Meet people.

Some of my very extroverted friends are uncomfortable going to places where they don't know anyone. I've got no problem with that.

Enthusiastic and talkative when expressing my own ideas or when I'm in a large gathering. Enthusiastic and pensive when helping others flesh out their ideas.

Not very assertive but always seeking a middle ground.

Gregarious? Most of the time. I'm usually out every night of the week.

I need it, but it bores me pretty quickly.

Maybe a day or so..

Nah, just trying to provide some hopefully useful feedback. It also got me thinking about my own tendencies, which is always a good thing.

also, somewhat bored and procrastinating

Tigerlily

unscannable
MBTI Type
TIGR
Enneagram
3w4

What's your type?
INFJ

-2. Stop looking at me! X
0. Extraverted but happy to stfu and listen. S
1. I'm not always the centre of attention, but I should be. S but i was a spoiled only child.

if i'm in a good mood then moderately extraverted. people are stunned when they see the side to me that needs to get away from them.
no way. intimate, cozy much more preferred.
i wouldn't attend to begin with.
sometimes enthusiastic, talkative with people I am comfortable with and assertive when shit needs to get done.
alone time but i always have my pc or laptop so does that count? :D
i am married with three kids but outside of them i'd prefer not to have to deal with people.
no.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

What's your type?

INFJ, I suppose

-2. Stop looking at me!

Depending on my mood and who I am with, 0 to -2. Mostly -1 to -2 though.

People wouldn't call me extroverted OR outgoing - in the social sense. But in the go-for-what-I-want-and-make-it-happen sense, I'm probably more outgoing and 'fearless' than many - and that has been pointed out by others.

Again depends on the context. If it's more 1:1, and the first time I meet someone, they might come away thinking I'm more extroverted than I am. But if it's a group setting, I'll be viewed as extremely introverted.

Not particularly. I mean, I enjoy going out with friends and I don't mind being out and about, like at a bar or something, but I am not really at ease until/unless I have a 1:1 thing going on where I'm actually talking to one or two people, and kinda 'stick' to them. I hate doing the social butterfly and trying to merge into a group discussion.

If I didn't know anyone..hmm. It's been so long since I've been in that setting! (usually I know one person, so then I stick with them:)). But knowing no one - I guess in that situation I'd turn the E on and do a tiny bit of acting -- just pretend I'm not uncomfortable, pretend I'm naturally outgoing, and then start trying to chit-chat with various people. This setting would tend to give me a lot of anxiety, but again, if I could manage to find one person to start talking to, rather than just standing at the edge of a group, I'd feel a lot more comfortable.

Enthusiastic -- with activities that interest me
Assertive -- when I know what I want, or have strong opinions on a matter

I enjoy alone time, but after too much of it (longer than a day or two) I need/want to be with friends or family and want to do things with them.

My limit is about 48 hours while at home. After that I just get bored and lonely. While traveling though, this extends quite a lot -- but then, I'm out and about most of that time and can have superficial interactions now and then, so that's probably why.

I like answering questions. :smile:

Randomnity

insert random title here
MBTI Type
ISTP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
To add an ISTP one,

What's your type? ISTP

-2. Stop looking at me!

Would the people who know you well call you extraverted or outgoing? nope

How extraverted would most people consider you after meeting for the first time? very introverted

yes if I'm with friends and I can easily ignore the others. Very unconfortable if alone.

Stand in a corner inwardly freaking out, trying not to look afraid of everyone, and watching people awkwardly. (I was just in this situations a few weeks ago and it was brutal. ugh)

talkative/enthusiastic sometimes, when I'm with people I'm comfortable with. not as assertive or gregarious as I should be.

Do you enjoy alone time or do you get bored? I rarely get real alone time unless I'm studying, living with so many people. I don't particularly crave it but it doesn't bother me unless it's for extended periods (over a day or so)

a day or two

mostly the bored part. I don't expect attention from this, lol