User Tag List

123 Last

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Default How loud and obnoxious are you in reality?

There are already a few threads around talking about ENTPs and how introverted (in the traditional sense of the word) they can be. I find it too hard to pick up how extraverted someone is around here, the image of how outgoing someone is in reality is warped by their style of writing which is very different to talking.

I believe I'm an ENTP but extravert is a word that no one would use to describe me, I recently met another forum member who I'm sure will attest to this. I can be shy, withdrawn, quiet and introspective but still Ne is my primary function and I find I'm energised by external factors.

I'm specifically interested in hearing from ENTxs, or those who know ENTxs IRL but anyone can answer as it would be interesting to see what the patterns are with different types.

Using the traditional definition of the word extravert;

What's your type?

How traditionally extraverted do you consider yourself to be?
    -2. Stop looking at me!
    -1. You can look but don't expect me to talk.
    0. Extraverted but happy to stfu and listen.
    1. I'm not always the centre of attention, but I should be.
    2. People hear me coming from a block away, wooohooo!

Would the people who know you well call you extraverted or outgoing?

How extraverted would most people consider you after meeting for the first time?

Do you enjoy, and are you comfortable in large social gatherings?

If you didn't know anyone at the gathering what would you do?

Do any of these words fit you; Enthusiastic, talkative, assertive or gregarious? If so, under what circumstances?

Do you enjoy alone time or do you get bored?

How long could you comfortably go without interacting with others?

Are you answering this cause you're bored and you want attention?

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    What is that definition? You mean the original one that Jung invented? Somehow I suspect you actually mean in the socially active sense, even thought Jung's definition is the original one. I'll just assume that.

What's your type?

INTP

-2. Stop looking at me!
    0. Extraverted but happy stfu and listen.

Haha. Those choices are a bit odd. Let's just say that out of a group of Introverts, I'll be in the more Introverted half (probably corresponds to -2).

No.

How extraverted would most people consider you after meeting for the first time?

As extraverted as a wraith.

No.

Leave if there is no obligation to stay.

Do any of these words fit you; Enthusiastic, talkative, assertive or gregarious? If so, under what circumstances?

Enthusiastic if I came up with a neat idea. Talkative and assertive if I feel knowledgable on the current subject and trust my audience. Almost never gregarious...

Well, naturally, I get lonely and bored sometimes. Being alone doesn't equate to boredom for me though. I know that I spend far more time alone than a lot of people I know could handle.

At least a week apparently. It does start to bother me though. I really have no desire to interact with most people, though. I start yearning to interact with very specific people.

Are you answering this cause you're bored and you want attention?[/QUOTE]

The first part. If the second part is true, then only sub-consciously.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    What is that definition? Somehow I suspect you actually mean in the socially active sense.
    Yup, I mean traditional as in what your average joe on the street would mean if they used the word extraverted.

ISFP

+
    =
    Extraverted but happy to stfu and be the centre of attention

Yes

Above average

Yes

Talk to someone

Enthusiastic, talkative, When I feel like it.

I enjoy it. I get bored.

I can go a long time. I go stir crazy though.

Indeed I am, indeed I am.

MBTI
    yupp

IRL but anyone can answer as it would be interesting to see what the patterns are with different types.

What's your type?
    INFP

-2. Stop looking at me!
    -1. You can look but don't expect me to talk.<-this one unless I'VE totally muddled something then, don't look at me!

yeah some would

How extraverted would most people consider you after meeting for the first time? not very, sometimes I'm not a very consisted person with this.but most of the time not very. so yes not very going with that sounds good

sometimes but i prefer medium and I like being the creep who watches everyone.

not go

enthusiastic, if its like woohoo bread! talkative around people I know
    yes i like being alone.

Um as long as need be but I don't notice how drained I am until I get a moment to reflect and go I'm exhausted. And also how awsome the people I'm around are. less awesome more tired more awesome less tired.

Are you answering this cause you're bored and you want attention?yes
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    entp

What's your type?
    ENTP (strongly typed)

-2. Stop looking at me!
    0. Extraverted but happy (to?) stfu and listen.

0; yeah

depends how well i click with them, but prolly 0-2

1-2; yeah

at first, 1...by the end of the night, 2.
    find someone to talk to. meet their friends. get a drink and move on to the next group...meet more people till i know everyone (more accurately: till everyone knows me.) i should mention that i dont pro-actively do this. this is what happens.

not gregarious. also, i enjoy parties where noone knows me more
    fairly talkative.
    definitely assertive...dont give too much shit bout same sex unless they are talking bout something that would be of interest to me at a party...actually, this depends on my mood...
    very enthusiastic no matter what...work party/kegger/formal

enjoy with a big e

without my regular(close) friends? 1.5-2 weeks
    there are weekends when my friends get confused cuz they have no idea what i did.
    i spend time with myself, music, and sites with intersting stuff (currently cognitive functions)...most of my friends would not believe this and would say that im making shit up cuz im hanging out with my 'other' friends

no...if i wanted attention, i would go streaking.
    im answering cuz this helps me establish firm present day facts bout myself....and it adds to the database

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4, 7
    Socionics
    IEE

What's your type?
    ENFP

-2. Stop looking at me!

Would the people who know you well call you extraverted or outgoing? Depends. Most would consider me in between, a little bit more extroverted.

How extraverted would most people consider you after meeting for the first time? On the scale of 1-10? Probably an 8.

Do you enjoy, and are you comfortable in large social gatherings? Yes. I don't mind. I like it.

I would randomly talk to whomever I bump into, if we both want to start a convo, then I'll talk. If not, then I keep to myself. Usually, I talk to the extroverts who introduce me to the introverts. Depends on the vibes I get off of people I meet and how they respond?

Do any of these words fit you; Enthusiastic, talkative, assertive or gregarious? If so, under what circumstances? Enthusiastic, pretty talkative (If I'm comfortable around the person), assertive when I need to, gregarious to a certain degree.. in most circumstances.

I love alone time. I also love hanging out with friends/family, but I need to step away maybe after 5 hours? Depends on the people as well. I can spend 2 entire days with someone I completely click with and still feel comfortable.

How long could you comfortably go without interacting with others? Maybe 5 hours.. If I'm around super-loud folks? A little less than that.

Are you answering this cause you're bored and you want attention?Nah. If it helps, I hope that by contributing, others will be able to see a pattern of behavior b2n introverts/extroverts. =)

There are already a few threads around talking about ENTPs and how introverted (in the traditional sense of the word) they can be. I find it too hard to pick up how extraverted someone is around here, the image of how outgoing someone is in reality is warped by their style of writing which is very different to talking.

I believe I'm an ENTP but extravert is a word that no one would use to describe me, I recently met another forum member who I'm sure will attest to this. I can be shy, withdrawn, quiet and introspective but still Ne is my primary function and I find I'm energised by external factors.

I'm specifically interested in hearing from ENTxs, or those who know ENTxs IRL but anyone can answer as it would be interesting to see what the patterns are with different types.

What's your type?

-2. Stop looking at me!

I am moderately extroverted. I wouldn't mind being the center of attentiuon, yet I would not crave it either. I can make public speeches promoting gay rights and other political sensitive issues on the streets, speaking to 10s of thousands of people, without feeling ashamed of it. But I would not do it as for attention, I would do it to practice courage. I am pretty shameless in this sense.

Most of the timethough, i am pretty introverted. I rarely speak unless it is necessary. I rather read books than gey drunk and whore out in parties. I prefer to be alone more than with people, especially if theyt are not in the same wavelength as me. If I am forced to be with them, i would just zone out.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

MBTI
    INTP

I believe I'm an ENTP but extravert is a word that no one would use to describe me, I recently met another forum member who I'm sure will attest to this.
    *grin* Would you have been similar or quieter if it had been a large group instead of just the two of us? I was pretty chatty because it was one on one and I'd had a couple of beers, but I tend to go pretty much silent in large groups. Large = 4 or more people.

What's your type?

INTP. Probably. (fairly sure of the I and T, anyways)

-2. Stop looking at me!

I used to be -3 but probably hover between -1 and 0 if I know the people well enough and I'm comfortable with them. Work has made me learn how to act E if I need to, but in a large group, I might say a couple of sentences over the space of several hours.

Rarely.

At work, I can turn on the chattiness if I need to so at work I'd say borderline introvert/extravert. Outside of work, very much introvert. Unless I'm drunk.

I don't mind going to the occasional party and sometimes I enjoy them. I don't feel particularly comfortable though, it definitely takes me out of my comfort zone.

Try to make myself introduce myself to others and start a few conversations. If I didn't know anyone at the party, I'd probably leave as soon as I could politely do so.

Rarely. I'm sometimes talkative and occasionally enthusiastic. I make myself be assertive and gregarious at work because I need to be at times, but it doesn't come naturally.

I love alone time, as long as I have internet access.

If we're talking zero interaction (ie not even going to the shops), probably a couple of days. Maybe a little longer.

No. I'm mildly addicted to surveys and questionnaires.
    ...so much smoke pouring out of each chromosome.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by bluebell View Post
    *grin* Would you have been similar or quieter if it had been a large group instead of just the two of us? I was pretty chatty because it was one on one and I'd had a couple of beers, but I tend to go pretty much silent in large groups. Large = 4 or more people.
    I could go silent if the group consisted of a bunch of people I'd only just met but who all knew each other, or if there were chatty people dominating the conversation, or if the topic bored me and I couldn't swing it in a direction I liked.

The only times Iím really chatty are when Iím excited, talking about something Iím passionate about to a sympathetic audience or have been drinking. The amount of people listening don't really have an impact there but if others are happy to talk Iím happy to say little until one of those things happens.

No. I'm mildly addicted to surveys and questionnaires.
    Lol! Me too, I've currently going through the 20 tests thread