User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

I'm specifically interested in hearing from ENTxs, or those who know ENTxs IRL but anyone can answer as it would be interesting to see what the patterns are with different types.

Using the traditional definition of the word extravert;

What's your type?
    ENFP

How traditionally extraverted do you consider yourself to be?
    -2. Stop looking at me!
    -1. You can look but don't expect me to talk.
    0. Extraverted but happy to stfu and listen.
    1. I'm not always the centre of attention, but I should be.
    2. People hear me coming from a block away, wooohooo!

umm...-1 i guess...but i don't mind talking to someone...but i don't love a lot of personal questions and i don't love a lot of chatting about things i don't care about...but engage me in a real conversation and i'll be happy to talk otherwise...silence is fine.

Would the people who know you well call you extraverted or outgoing?
    they would call me friendly and outgoing i think...i'm not sure most people would know i was an extravert.

How extraverted would most people consider you after meeting for the first time?
    it depends on how much they know about it...they would probably think i was confident talking to people though...

Do you enjoy, and are you comfortable in large social gatherings?
    yes i do usually...if it's my kind of people doing my kind of thing...which it usually is.

If you didn't know anyone at the gathering what would you do?
    i would introduce myself to whoever looked interesting.

Do any of these words fit you; Enthusiastic, talkative, assertive or gregarious? If so, under what circumstances?
    enthusiastic about doing things that sound fun...or an idea i'm brainstorming with somebody.
    gregarious...yeah, probably when in social situations i guess.
    and assertive, i guess...meaning i'm not shy about saying things.

Do you enjoy alone time or do you get bored?
    i love doing creative things or being out in nature or exploring something or some place and i'm perfectly content and happy doing that by myself...in most cases i prefer it so i can take my time and not have to accommodate anyone elses schedule.

How long could you comfortably go without interacting with others?
    like no talking at all? not even here or on the phone? hmm...2 days maybe

Are you answering this cause you're bored and you want attention?

i'm answering because i'm bored and i think they're good questions...i don't give a shit about attention.
    i know you asked for nt's but..i wanted to answer because enfp's are somewhat introverted extraverts too.

i just thought i would add...that people have called me soft spoken and calm and peaceful or serene...so i just don't think i have that high energy demeanor that most people think of extraverts...it's just that i am focused outward and i do think out loud and i do say whatever's on my mind...and i'm not shy...i'm just calm about it usually.
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

What's your type?

INTP

-2. Stop looking at me!

No

How extraverted would most people consider you after meeting for the first time?

Not at all.

No.

Do any of these words fit you; Enthusiastic, talkative, assertive or gregarious? If so, under what circumstances?

Only when I'm inebriated.

I enjoy alone time, but am often bored.

Not really sure how to quantify this. There are days when I've been able to not talk to anybody, and those were great days! Other times work makes it so people can't leave me alone. I would say a very, very long time as long as my mind was occupied.

Are you answering this cause you're bored and you want attention?[/QUOTE]

I am bored, but I don't necessarily think I want attention.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Trinity View Post
    Using the traditional definition of the word extravert;

What's your type?
    ENTP

-2. Stop looking at me!

Yes

If I'm trying to make friends, very. If I don't really care about the person, somewhat extraverted.

I prefer small gatherings, but I also enjoy big ones on occasion if it's with people I know. I am usually comfortable in large gatherings.

I've been in this situation. I went to a party with 1 guy I sort of kind of knew, and about 25 of his friends. I ended up wandering and jumping in conversations, meeting people, making myself known and seen.

Enthusiastic: Generally about meeting new people or working on new projects. Also about going out random places at random times.
    Assertive: I am not confrontational, but I don't let people take advantage of or walk all over me.

It's good for 30 minutes to an hour. Then I get very bored.

I've gone a full week pretty much. I'd say that was my limit.

Close. Procrastinating! Also you said you wanted to hear from ENTs. I don't really care if anyone else reads this.
    DURPA DURPA DURPA
    The probability that I was procrastinating when I was typing this post:

P(have big assignment due) = 0.6
    P(posting on TypoC) = 0.2
    P(having big assignment due | posting on TypoC) = 0.7

P(posting on TypoC | having big assignment due) = .......

Eh, I'll finish it later.

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    i know you asked for nt's but..i wanted to answer because enfp's are somewhat introverted extraverts too.

i just thought i would add...that people have called me soft spoken and calm and peaceful or serene...so i just don't think i have that high energy demeanor that most people think of extraverts...it's just that i am focused outward and i do think out loud and i do say whatever's on my mind...and i'm not shy...i'm just calm about it usually.
    Yeh, I answered extroverted in lots of ways on mine. But I'm anything but imposing, just social. I'm a bit uncomfortable in the spotlight sometimes too.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    ENTJ

On your scale I'd put me between zero and +1.

Yes.

I think they'd describe me as talkative and open, but not overbearing.

Pretty much, yeah.

Look around for other loners to talk with (I can't stand seeing someone all alone and awkward looking at social gatherings - I always go and hang with them), and if there weren't any, just sort of start a conversation with someone who looked/sounded interesting.

I think all of those fit me, maybe 'talkative' the most. I can be assertive, but I've learned to tone it down when the situation calls for it. I have yet to succeed in toning down my natural inclination to chat.

I actually really like alone time - doesn't bother me at all and I am rarely bored, whatever the situation.

A couple of days?

Definitely. *does crazy dance*
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

"please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

What's your type?
    INFP

-2. Stop looking at me!

I'd say -0.5

No.

Not really. I prefer smaller groups.

Wait until I hear something interesting pop up and start talking.

Assertive in my daily life.

I love my alone time.

I can go a week without interaction comfortably, I usually socialize with my friend group once a week (we are all introverts and we are all like this).

I'm just bored and contributing.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INTP

What's your type?
    INTP

-2. Stop looking at me!

It's usually between -2 and 0. Mostly -1. I don't like being disturbed out of my silence and I generally try and present a face that communicates that. I just don't necessarily like to get involved in a lot of things.It's just not my deal.

Hell No!!

Not at all. I can generally present a pleasant demeanor, I do know how to talk. I'm just not one to seek conversation out usually. It depends though. If we're sort of forced to interact for a little bit I can talk more openly. I like to outline and expand on whatever we're doing and I will be curious if somebody plays a sport or is interested in a particular sport. I'm generally reserved though

Nope not at all. Unless of course we are playing some sort of sport. I'd rather be off somewhere else.

Not be there. Don't have time to acquaint myself.

I can be enthusiastic and talkative when it comes to some particular topic that interests me. If I'm being active and doing something physical I'm the same way. If I'm out to eat with someone I generally do tend to be a lot more gregarious. I can actually dominate the conversation a little bit in those instances. I don't know what it is about eating with others but I really do tend to try and connect or converse with whoever is there.

I love time alone. As a rule I get cranky when someone pulls me out of it. It can pass over though if it's something that's going to be fun. I still have little butterflies though initially. Even with friends and family. My time alone is extremely calming. I tend to forget there is such a concept called time. It bothers more extroverted people how content I am with sitting down to myself and not seeking them out. I drive my mom (ESFJ) and sister (ENFP) batty with that.

For any extended amount of time? probably like 3 or 4 days without anything more than general chit chat. I can get by on only going out or having any meaningful conversation twice a week.

Nope. Just figured I should.
    My cold, snide, intellectual life is just a veneer, behind which lies the plywood of loneliness.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp
    Socionics
    ILE

What's your type?

INTP

-2. Stop looking at me!

Nope, very unlikely, or only sarcastically

My first impressions vary widely. On average, people would not consider me extraverted at all.

It depends if I enjoy the activities at the gathering enough to block out the people if I have to.

I probably wouldn't be talking much anyway, so that wouldn't make much of a difference.

Enthusiastic - when there is something worth being enthusiastic about
    Assertive - when it comes to important decisions

I enjoy alone time for the most part. Sometimes it gets boring, but that's usally only when I am too tired to read.

I could go comfortably without interacting with others IRL for weeks. But including online interaction, only a couple days.

A tiny bit of both

MBTI
    xxxx

I'm not an E but the questions are interesting so I'll do this anyway.

What's your type? INTJ

-2. Stop looking at me!

How about -3? Oh ok, probably -1.

Would the people who know you well call you extraverted or outgoing? Outgoing maybe, extraverted no. I'm not a shy introvert, but my close friends and family know that I need space and alone time.

How extraverted would most people consider you after meeting for the first time? Pretty extroverted actually. People who don't know me well would think I'm an extrovert, especially if they saw me in a situation where I was comfortable enough to speak my mind or if I was wearing my ESTP mask.

No, large groups are very uncomfortable for me. By that I mean any group over 4 people.

Listen and observe. Isolate someone on the fringes and talk one-on-one with them about travel or books or movies.

The first three would fit if I was involved in something I was passionate about. I don't think I'm ever gregarious. Talkative probably fits me the best of the four on a regular basis, I got in trouble in school for talking in class all the time.

Do you enjoy alone time or do you get bored? Yes, I love alone time. I rarely get bored.

A few days without any communication, weeks without much interacting in person is manageable.

I did it for you babe.

I'm mildly extroverted, and I do talk a lot most of the time because I like to engage, but I can be quiet, too, if I'm just thinking or listening. I'm not really that gregarious or off the wall. I often seem reserved when I first meet people, but not always. Usually, if things are a bit awkward, I react by speaking and navigating my way around, instead of just clamming up. When doing this, I won't seem that introverted or extroverted. Sometimes, depending on the people, I'm automatically outgoing, and sometimes I've got to warm up to it, but I always at least try because I prefer to feel free and open over feeling closed up. I can enjoy being center stage, the teacher, or the entertainer, but I honestly do not need it - and I never do it if I know it's just annoying people. I'd rather have a normal and calm conversation, or completely shut up or leave, than to sit there and annoy people for my own amusement. However, if the mood is right and I have free reign, I could be seen as very enthusiastic and gregarious. A lot of people in real life think I'm an introvert, but like I said, in real life, I'm neither a timid quiet person or an annoying attention seeker. I do like my alone time and I think that may have something to do with it.
    "When a resolute young fellow steps up the great bully, the world, and takes him boldly by the beard, he is often surprised to find that it comes off in his hand, and that it was only tied on to scare away the timid adventurers." - Ralph Waldo Emerson