• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What is the very first thing you notice about a person indicating they're a J or a P?

deleted
Almost like a stereotype you associate with J or P that you maybe use to predict someone's type. Are there attitudes or gestures associated with P and J that maybe aren't completely associated and that wouldn't seem like they would be, to everyone. Dumb example... but I associate carrots or bananas with women... like that man is holding a carrot, so he must be gay. Ok I'm kidding, unfortunatly.

This can go for other preferences (don't say E/I, too obvious, like N, S, T, F), and it can't be directly associated. You can't say the first thing you notice about Js is that they're decisive. You have to be weird when you talk to me.

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Organization/punctuality.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
Whether they have a J or P under their avatar.

563 740

MBTI Type
ENTP
Generally, I try not to check out another dude's P-ness.

(Although, ladies, feel free to analyze mine) :D

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7
My beloved brother is a J. I used to have a bad habbit of having the last word of "ya". For Everthing. Every time i would finish a conversation with him saying "ya" he would repeat with a "ya". It took about 4 months for me to get it. This was all well before mbti. But yet i got it at the time because he put (me) in order. Now i know he's a J because he put "ya" in a social order, being aware of mbti.
After being aware of a Js order to things i seen a woman for a while who did the same thing and she's a J. So of course i repeated "ya" after she would finish with a "ya". She fliped. I never did it again. But the first thing i would notice about a J anyway is that there has to be some kind of an order to something. Not all things, But something. Or better yet, who would be the first to set an order to something, anything but not all things, would narrow it down to at least that one person possibly being a J.

deleted
My beloved brother is a J. I used to have a bad habbit of having the last word of "ya". For Everthing. Every time i would finish a conversation with him saying "ya" he would repeat with a "ya". It took about 4 months for me to get it. This was all well before mbti. But yet i got it at the time because he put (me) in order. Now i know he's a J because he put "ya" in a social order, being aware of mbti.
After being aware of a Js order to things i seen a woman for a while who did the same thing and she's a J. So of course i repeated "ya" after she would finish with a "ya". She fliped. I never did it again. But the first thing i would notice about a J anyway is that there has to be some kind of an order to something. Not all things, But something. Or better yet, who would be the first to set an order to something, anything but not all things, would narrow it down to at least that one person possibly being a J.

Hahaha. Nice. I'm going to start acting like a J more. I get to be completely upset because of a repetitious ya. I have no idea why that would upset me. It might though... just might.

rhinosaur

Just a statistic
MBTI Type
INTP
Organization/punctuality.

Associated with J-ism? I disagree, to a degree. Organization and punctuality manifests itself in multiple ways. For example, the house is a mess, but my teaching and research materials are quite organized. In addition, I am usually fairly punctual to school-related events, but often late to personal things like meeting someone for dinner or poker night with the guys.

professor goodstain

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7~7
Hahaha. Nice. I'm going to start acting like a J more. I get to be completely upset because of a repetitious ya. I have no idea why that would upset me. It might though... just might.

I think it's because she felt i was putting her in social order. Her J being instinctively aware of my P attempting to put her J in some social order,,,,God forbid.

bluebell

MBTI Type
INTP
I'm not sure how accurate this is but generally I look at whether or not someone is happy to wing it and make it up as they go along.

deleted
I'm not sure how accurate this is but generally I look at whether or not someone is happy to wing it and make it up as they go along.

It doesn't have to be accurate, because I am asking for personal reason. This is a good example of an answer. Haha. because all the other ones suck.

bluebell

MBTI Type
INTP
It doesn't have to be accurate. Because I am asking for personal reason. This is a good example of an answer.

Well, I'm curious to hear whether others think it's a vaguely accurate way of telling J and P apart.