User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    ?

Do you mean testing as a different type or generally in life coinciding with a particular type? For me the first did make a difference initially, until I realised that it doesn't matter what type I really test as, its a good indicator, but I should remain myself and not live up to any a personality trait if its not me, if don't want to.

For the second question, I've felt I've changed slowly. I think for a long time I was very INFx, then started living in my shadow, numb abit detached, sometimes due to depression, but now returning to something like INxx, back to normal again now. Initially I was very idealistic I think anyway. Now that have faced myself gone back to INFx.

As you say that the journey of personal identity, never finishes, it continues, in new circumstances, conditions, since the person who you are changes with time.

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

it really matters not since i'm not sure i'm archetypal anything. my husband who knows me better than anyone says most of the time i'm an INFJ but there are times (during the month ;P) when i'm more INTJ. There are times when I need to put on an SJ hat to fit in with most of the other moms around me. i've heard several members say that being an archetypal type isn't healthy so i take the confusion as a compliment
    Time is a delicate mistress.

MBTI
    ENTP

who cares. i probably am but that doesnt mean im going to panic and act differently. i am who i am, if it fits my profile, then great. if it doesnt, my mistake.... :rolli:
    She talks pretty but says mean things

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

Very little. I am who I am. MBTI is just an attempted way of organizing- the pieces remain the same regardless.

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    8w9 sp/sx
    Socionics
    LIE

i just don't like long-standing mistakes
    hell yeah - it would grind me gears
    argh
    I N V I C T U S

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    548 sp/sx
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by greed View Post
    All I know is that I'd effectively lived kind of like an unhealthy ISTJ for a long time.. I was withdrawn and misanthropic, I stifled my own feelings, I was perfectionistic, and I felt the need to structure and plan everything. I was also miserable.

In fact, when I first got on board with my research center, others used to remark that my ISTJ boss's personality and mine were quite alike. I believed it to be true, but something about that didn't sit quite right with me. Had I been "officially" typed as an ISTJ or something similar, I might have thought that I was playing to my strengths and that I was just condemned to be depressed.

There were subtle hints at my natural strengths along the way, but it took me a long, long time to recognize them because of the damning perception that I had of myself. I guess I didn't accept myself because I wasn't myself.

I've been jumping from type to type since I found this forum because of the clash between the skills I've developed and those I'm finding to come more naturally to me. In fact, I'm probably wrong about my type now! At this point, I don't think being mistyped would cause much damage.. I'll probably be on the search for personal identity forever anyway
    So I guess being so influenced by ISTJ, yet apparently aware of an N preference is why you thought you were ENTJ?
    It is also worthy to note, since you seem to be going with ENFP now, that ENFP and ISTJ are what is known as the "inverse relationship" of each other. They use the same primary four functions, but in reverse order (in four-process theory called the "shadow"). So you would be able to relate a lot to ISTJ processes.
    APS Profile: Inclusion: e/w=1/6 (Supine) |Control: e/w=7/3 (Choleric) |Affection: e/w=1/9 (Supine)
    Ti 54.3 | Ne 47.3 | Si 37.8 | Fe 17.7 | Te 22.5 | Ni 13.4 | Se 18.9 | Fi 27.9

Temperament (APS) from scratch -- MBTI Type from scratch
    Type Ideas

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

It would make little difference to my behaviour, but it would require me to rethink some of my ideas on functions. :P
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

deleted

Quote Originally Posted by Thursday View Post
    i just don't like long-standing mistakes
    hell yeah - it would grind me gears
    argh
    I took a look at your avatar, and seeing "I'll let you live" above it and completely freaking out, really questioned my maturity level.

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Being mistyped is ultimately a matter of degree for everyone. Even when I choose a set of letters that best represents me within the MBTI system, that set of letters represents something different in my mind than in each person's mind I encounter. Ideally both sets of assumptions are drawn heavily from the actual descriptions of the type, but they can easily be extrapolations of personalized assumptions and experiences that diverge from the generally accepted definitions. When other people react to my type based on that representation in their mind, the chances of being "mis-typed" are quite high.

Mistyping oneself has the most effect if the person is inclined to internalize the descriptions and reshapes self in response. I don't see myself as being inclined to do that, so it doesn't seem like a closest match vs. a less close match in my assumed MBTI type would have a significant effect on how I think or express myself.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

I want to be just like my mother, even if she is bat-shit crazy.

MBTI
    enfp
    Enneagram

Instead of being an organized, clean-oriented ENFP that likes to work and spend time alone.. I'd be a procrastinating, social, day-dream oriented something else.

We have qualities of every type. I would have never typed as ENFP back in high school, just because of how extremely different I was then. I may yet have to change types when I age, although I think I've found a comfortable little cranny to call home.
    Kantgirl: Just say "I'm feminine and I'll punch anyone who says otherwise!"
    Halla74: Think your way through the world. Feel your way through life.

Cimarron: maybe Prpl will be your girl-bud
    prplchknz: i don't like it

In Search Of... ... Kiwi Sketch Art ... Dream Journal ... Kyuuei's Cook book ... Kyu's Tiny House Blog ... Minimalist Challenge ... Kyu's Savings Challenge