User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Default Closely related introvert types

For introverts, the 'first cousins' as i like to call them represent the types most closely related internally. The 'second cousins' are more often confused in their external communication styles. Confusing these pairings is the most common mistypings among introverts.

Here are the first cousins = most internally alike in their world view

INTP - Ti, Ne, Si, Fe
    ISTP - Ti, Se, Ni, Fe

INFJ - Ni, Fe, Ti, Se
    INTJ - Ni, Te, Fi, Se

INFP - Fi, Ne, Si, Te
    ISFP - Fi, Se, Ni, Te

ISTJ - Si, Te, Fi, Ne
    ISFJ - Si, Fe, Ti, Ne

These are second cousins = most alike in their external communication styles.
    Note the primary functions are opposites. This makes for a fundamentally different world view masked behind a similar external dialog.

INTP - Ti, Ne, Si, Fe
    INFP - Fi, Ne, Si, Te

INFJ - Ni, Fe, Ti, Se
    ISFJ - Si, Fe, Ti, Ne

ISTJ - Si, Te, Fi, Ne
    INTJ - Ni, Te, Fi, Se

ISTP - Ti, Se, Ni, Fe
    ISFP - Fi, Se, Ni, Te
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Actually, I find the most similar type to the INTP is the INTJ. I know the functions don't match, but they're both, I, N, and T.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by ImNotTooPopular View Post
    Actually, I find the most similar type to the INTP is the INTJ. I know the functions don't match, but they're both, I, N, and T.
    That's been my experience, but I also have an awful time with the ones the OP mentioned. Even ISTJ INTJ and I'm one of the two!
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    INTJ

I got along with ESTJ and liked her really much because I loved the way she organized, planned, and implemented what she had in mind. I prioritized according to the core needs and she agreed mostly with my judgements so it was very easy and efficient to work with her.

For INTPs, I like their unconventional ideas and interests, but became disappointed quickly because they did not seem to be 'masters' in anything. An INTP I knew had a broad knowledge of just about everything but did not seem to have mastered the knowledge in a fully detailed way(which I thought it was pointless to have knowledges without details).
    I-31, N-25, T-55, J-27
    "Place the visible at the service of the invisible" - Redon, Odilon

MBTI
    isfp
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

There are a couple of distinctions i should mention. First, those pairings don't refer necessarily to whom enjoys interaction, but what types can be confused either by observers or self.

I realize there is comradely between INTP and INTJ. They especially work well in tandem on problem solving. It is interesting to note the percentage of INTJs that end up banned or reprimanded at INTPc. There is some fracture of perspective between the two types that is observable. It is that very fracture that results in them being very effective partners in problem solving.

The following indulges a bit of metaphor based on musical terms - my home turf.

I do find as an INFJ, I have an interesting symbiosis with INTJs that is unique among other types. It is something like sharing a common background drone onto which contrasting pitches and rhythm are painted. When interacting with INTJs there is this fascinating common backdrop, or sense of alignment. The communication styles are wildly different, but that background drone is unmistakable. I would venture to suggest that the ability to perceive this Ni drone in common with the INTJ is one way of determining an accurately typed INFJ.

As an INFJ, i also have a strong sense of congeniality with INFPs. It is common to share ideals and goals offering different perspectives that move thinking forward. My sense with them is one of melody and countermelody that work in harmony, but are by nature contrasted, at times much like a kind of heterophony.

To me the INFJ and ISFJ are playing the same instrument, colored with the same timbre, expressed in profoundly different ways. The ISFJ is a structured work played flawless to the last detail, the INFJ improvises using a set of underlying motifs to provide a flexible structure that adapts to current contexts.

I find that INFJs and INTPs share certain external needs and fill in for each other's weaknesses. These too form a kind of counterpoint, a logically structured species counterpoint in which the outer voices are contrasted to form a symmetrical whole, resulting in a deeply expressive form.
    Step into my metaphysical room of mirrors.
    Fear of reality creates myopic morality
    So I guess it means there is trouble until the robins come
    (from Blue Velvet)

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by amber_rk View Post
    For INTPs, I like their unconventional ideas and interests, but became disappointed quickly because they did not seem to be 'masters' in anything. An INTP I knew had a broad knowledge of just about everything but did not seem to have mastered the knowledge in a fully detailed way(which I thought it was pointless to have knowledges without details).
    I'm with you here, although I can respect that INTPs gather knowledge for the sake of being knowledgeable. ENTPs can drive me batty because they go about gathering a superficial understanding of a myriad subjects for the sole purpose of having things to flap their lips about.
    Dost thou love Life? Then do not squander Time; for that's the Stuff Life is made of.

-- Benjamin Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack, June 1746 --

RDF

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    For introverts, the 'first cousins' as i like to call them represent the types most closely related internally. The 'second cousins' are more often confused in their external communication styles. Confusing these pairings is the most common mistypings among introverts. [...]
    I've noticed the INFP's "first cousin" relationship with ISFPs and "second cousin" relationship with INTPs.

My ISFP sister and I lead completely opposite external lives. (And I mean polar opposites.) But when we've gotten together in the past to discuss a family crisis or values issue, we quickly find ourselves on the same wavelength and come to easy agreement.

My relationship with INTPs is the reverse. At work, I find myself initially reacting to events the same as my INTP coworkers and ending up in their camp. But when we subsequently compare opinions and values, we find we're using very different internal yardsticks to measure things.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by toonia View Post
    I realize there is comradely between INTP and INTJ. They especially work well in tandem on problem solving. It is interesting to note the percentage of INTJs that end up banned or reprimanded at INTPc. There is some fracture of perspective between the two types that is observable. It is that very fracture that results in them being very effective partners in problem solving.
    I agree too. INTJ and INTP can work together very well, but they definitely do not share the same thinking process even if they can "follow" each other. In fact I do think that sometimes INTJ and INTP can end up feeling misunderstand and fighting with / being frustrated with each other, because they can work together SO well that the differences are not that apparent.

I know with my boss, he is much more into choosing and implementing a solution and making something happen -- actualizing a vision. I have always been much more concerned with properly understanding the situation and thus having the "best and most appropriate answer."

So we could talk and joke about many of the same things, and admire each other's sense of humor, and see/understand complicated situations -- intellectually we are on the same level -- but he never understands much why I hold back and take so long to come to an answer or why I need something to react against, while I never understood why he was constantly trying to make something happen, especially when there was time to wait and better tailor the solution.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

heart on fire

I have a very dear and generous and warm ISFP friend and we have a very good time together and we care very much about each other and it is all good but then there is the fact that I like to get deep into issues and she seems afraid even of getting into many issues too deeply and so we just can't have those conversations. So it is a very warm and fun friendship but I can only express part of myself in it. That's okay because I have other friendships.

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

INJs, ENPs, ESPs and ISJs do have the type sharing their dominant function as the most similar to them. For the other four it is not the case because Intuition is the dividing factor among them.

So for instance when trying to discover the INTP's 'first cousin' we have to look at the type with the most similar dominant function, and that would be the INFP. INTJ is a possible candidate, as the Ni-Te produces a Ti effect, yet the similarity is at best superficial. As the INTJ is led by a perceiving function, rather than a judging. ENTP is a closer match, although because of their extroversion they tend not to be as similar to the INTP as the INFP. INFP is the closest match because of the Introverted Judgment common factor, intense internal focus. It is virtually the same design with the primacy of Feeling over Thinking.

INTP...1)INFP 2)ENTP 3)INTJ 4)ISTP

ENTP 1)ENFP 2) INTP 3)ENTJ 4)ESTP

ENFP 1)ENTP 2)INFP 3)ENFJ 4)ESFP

INTJ 1)INFJ 2)ENTJ 3) INTP 4)ISTJ

INFJ 1)INTJ 2)ENFJ 3)INFP 4)ISFJ

ENTJ 1)ENFJ 2)INTJ 3)ENTP 4)ESTJ

ENFJ 1)ENTJ 2)INFJ 3)ENFP 4)ESFJ

INFP 1)INTP 2) ENFP 3)INFJ 4)ISFP

ISTP 1)ISFP 2)ESTP 3)ISTJ 4)INTP

ISFP 1)ISTP 2)ESFP 3)ISFJ 4)INFP

ESTP 1)ESFP 2)ISTP 3)ESTJ 4)ENTP

ESFP 1)ESTP 2)ISFP 3)ESFJ 4)ENFP

ESFJ 1)ESTJ 2)ISFJ 3)ESFP 4)ENFJ

ISTJ 1)ISFJ 2)ESTJ 3)ISTP 4)INTJ

ESTJ 1)ESFJ 2)ISTJ 3) ESTP 4)ENTJ

ISFJ 1)ISTJ 2)ESFJ 3)ISFP 4)INFJ
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/