User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp

I'm a great believer in the theory that each function holds a different, specific role in the typological set-up of the 16 types.

And you are spot on for me (INFJ). I get great relief from figuring out solutions to problems using my tertiary Ti. If I'm presented with a stressful situation in real life which has no obvious or immediate solution, then I'll seek relief by solving crossword puzzles or playing logic games on my PalmOne device.

Costrin has it right, though, when he warns of the danger of overindulging the relief function. It happens to me quite a lot, as I am forced to overuse Ti in my job. Either I get stuck in analysis paralysis and become incapable of making a decision, or I'll play my logic games to excess and totally neglect the more important stuff I'm supposed to be doing.

In fact, I'm doing that right now, by participating in this thread instead of getting on with my work!
    INFJ 9w1 sx/sp/so

"A wizard is never late. Nor is he early. He arrives precisely when he means to." - Gandalf The Grey

And if I only could,
    I'd make a deal with God,
    And I'd get him to swap our places,
    Be running up that road,
    Be running up that hill,
    With no problems.

- Kate Bush

MBTI
    nnja
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by Apollanaut View Post
    In fact, I'm doing that right now, by participating in this thread instead of getting on with my work!
    Oh, crap... Is that why we're here?

Seriously, well put. That is like seeing the thought that was inside my own head all filled out perfectly. If that makes sense...
    "Don�t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive." - Howard Thurman

[SIGPIC]http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l110/evillinclinations/fortune45.gif[/SIGPIC]

...and yes, I'm still on about that...

MBTI
    ENFJ

It's really funny to watch an ITJ turn into a wibbledy ball of fluff for a few minutes and then go, "All right, enough of that. Time to get back to work."
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    LoLz

I'd say, if I have a problem, with Si and Te, it goes like this:

Si: How does the problem make me feel? How painful is it to remember it? Do I need to spend some time trying to accept it before I confront it head on? Do I know how to solve it on my own?

That leads to....

Te: What action steps do I need to take to solve this problem? If I can't solve it on my own, I must look elsewhere for a solution, outside of myself. Is there someone else that's knowledgeable of a similar problem? How emotional will they make the confrontation about the problem?

If the problem is solved, then I combine Si and Te, and look to correct myself so that the problem doesn't arise again.

You were on the right track with what Te does. We start structuring things very rigidly hoping that will either make the problem disappear or act like it doesn't exist.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sp/sx

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Azseroffs View Post
    *swats away costrin lol jkjk hehe*

hmmm.....I agree with that tertiary Ni statement the most compared to tertiary Ti/ Fi/Si I'm really think i'm getting somewhere *smiles to self*
    What is Feeling?
    Feeling is primarily a process.....that imparts to the content a definite value in the sense of acceptance or rejection. In the same way that thinking organizes the contents of consciousness under concepts, feeling arranges them according to their value. Feeling, like thinking, is a rational function, since values in general are assigned according to the laws of reason...
    (Carl Jung, Psychological Types, Chapter XI - Definitions)

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

Moved from The Bonfire.

Enneagram
    9w8 so/sx

I'd be more inclined to use Se, to get out and do something active and fun, interact with others and not focus on anything that's stressing me, that refreshes me as taking my mind off problems for a while clears my head enough to come back ready to look at new perspectives without feeling overwhelmed.

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

I use Ti lots and lots and lots. Especially here in the forums. I wouldn't just call it "relief", it's more like my handy-dandy solve it all. Ni-Ti works well together in solving problems. As long as you give me enough time to mull things over.
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca

Senior Member the state i am in's Avatar
    MBTI
    infj
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    I use Ti lots and lots and lots. Especially here in the forums. I wouldn't just call it "relief", it's more like my handy-dandy solve it all. Ni-Ti works well together in solving problems. As long as you give me enough time to mull things over.
    are you an enneagram 5? i imagine enneagram 5 to be very associated with high Ti development. i'm an infj who is a 5 and i feel overly Ti compared to most infjs. except those who are 5s. who detach, who observe, who investigate, compile ideas, conceptual understandings, etc to deal with and organize their own inner environment before expressing it, extroverting it, objectifying it as a specific goal/mission to accomplish in the world.

MBTI
    INTP

I'm haven't looked forward, but I wouldn't be surprised if someone else has already posted this but:

Tertiary Defense

Tertiary Temptation
    Why do we always come here?

I guess we'll never know.

It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.