Senior Member professor goodstain's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Default peripheral-direct

Somthin's buggin the crap out of me. Do sensors prefer to use directed or peripheral vision, and whatever way they prefer are they better at peripheral than intuitives? And of course do intuitives prefer to use peripheral and are they better at it than sensors?
    I'm leanin on sensors being better at direct vision and intuitives being better at peripheral vision.
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by professor goodstain View Post
    Somthin's buggin the crap out of me. Do sensors prefer to use directed or peripheral vision, and whatever way they prefer are they better at peripheral than intuitives? And of course do intuitives prefer to use peripheral and are they better at it than sensors?
    I'm leanin on sensors being better at direct vision and intuitives being better at peripheral vision.
    If what i'm leaning on is true, then sensors can easily spot an intuitive. Unless the intuitives are aware of it, in which case, intuitives will then fake out sensors.
    everyone uses every function about evenly. take NE for example. if there are those who don't use it much, then why are there such massive amounts of people constantly flowing through Wallmart with 20 items or less?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

i'm sorry but what are you talking about?

sounds somewhat interesting...that's why i ask but...are you being literal?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

I'm sure there was a thread on this the other day.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by erinavery View Post
    i'm sorry but what are you talking about?

sounds somewhat interesting...that's why i ask but...are you being literal?
    erinavery? You are an (N). Do you think your peripheral is pretty good? When you use it (possably as a social tool, but not when talking directly with someone obviously) how does it benafit you?

MBTI
    Ixxx

I've thought about this before I even had the vocabulary of "sensors" and "intuitives" and one thing that came up is that people who are more "up in their head much of the time" (pondering, reflecting, seriously analyzing) probably use their peripheral vision much more, because it works with less conscious involvement, like it seems to work more in the background (sub-/un-conscious). People who are usually primarily engaged in the physical present, probably use their direct vision more than the "deep-thinkers", because it's no big deal for them, because most of their consciousness is engaging the physical anyways. Their peripheral activity probably takes a more background position. This is just from observing my friends, family other people I've spent time with and of course myself (I think I'm a sensor, but I spend a lot of time in my dominant Ti). I'm not very well-versed in all this MBTI stuff, but I wouldn't mind seeing where thread goes too.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    I'm sure there was a thread on this the other day.
    Quinlan? You are an (S). Any good at peripheral?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

yes...i'm a n so...i couldn't understand if you meant that metaphorically or not...haha

but you mean literally how is my peripheral vision? well...honestly...probably not that great...certainly no better than average. i just really don't pay a whole lot of attention to what's going on around me unless i need to...so there are times where someone could run through the store in head to toe pink feathers and i might not notice...is that what you mean?
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7~7
    Socionics
    IEE

Quote Originally Posted by xx00oo00xx View Post
    I've thought about this before I even had the vocabulary of "sensors" and "intuitives" and one thing that came up is that people who are more "up in their head much of the time" (pondering, reflecting, seriously analyzing) probably use their peripheral vision much more, because it works with less conscious involvement, like it seems to work more in the background (sub-/un-conscious). People who are usually primarily engaged in the physical present, probably use their direct vision more than the "deep-thinkers", because it's no big deal for them, because most of their consciousness is engaging the physical anyways. Their peripheral activity probably takes a more background position. This is just from observing my friends, family other people I've spent time with and of course myself (I think I'm a sensor, but I spend a lot of time in my dominant Ti). I'm not very well-versed in all this MBTI stuff, but I wouldn't mind seeing where thread goes too.
    When one is not thinking deeply or all the way into the physical world but just crossing on a ped-xing multytasking with a sqirrel fight, late bill, window left open, achy joint all at once? Does a sensor have a better shot, or an intuitive?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by xx00oo00xx View Post
    this kind of makes sense too...that could be true. i really don't know! now i'm going to be trying to figure that out and have people test me...or maybe it wouldn't work that way.
    -Jim Morrison