• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Prejudice against Sensors?

MacGuffin

Permabanned
MBTI Type
xkcd
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I read some of the posts in this thread and it is disgusting. People need to learn to get a long and tolerate each other, irregardless of type.

That's not a word.

heart

heart on fire
(I've missed a lot of this conversation, so bear with me)

When you are young and still live at home or otherwise need to depend on your family for your physical well-being (food, shelter, etc), it can be dangerous to embrace conflict with them. Particularly if they are the type to withhold necessities if you are not toeing their line. This is especially true of narcissists who are incapable of seeing from another person's perspective, even their own child's. Often, the way to deal with a narcissist is to keep everything surface-level and nod and smile if you must to get through the day, and closely guard your inner life as your own. You don't owe anyone the revelation of your deepest thoughts and feelings. So, simply nodding and smiling and playing "cheerful and stupid" is a way of remaining in control of yourself when forced to deal with people like that.

Well said.

I think we all tend to forget that some people here are very young, inexperienced and may also live under a lot of pressure and strain that we may not always be aware of.

Into It

MBTI Type
ENFP
it's finally weaseled its way into the dictionary.

You're...kidding...and does it say "regardless" as the definition?

Edit:
irregardless

an erroneous word that, etymologically, means the exact opposite of what it is used to express, attested in non-standard writing from 1912, probably a blend of irrespective and regardless. Perhaps inspired by the double negative used as an emphatic.

juggernaut

Permabanned
You're...kidding...and does it say "regardless" as the definition?

Yup...

ir⋅re⋅gard⋅less
  /ˌɪrɪˈgɑrdlɪs/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [ir-i-gahrd-lis] Show IPA
–adverb Nonstandard.
regardless.
Origin:
1910–15; ir- 2 (prob. after irrespective) + regardless

Usage note:
Irregardless is considered nonstandard because of the two negative elements ir- and -less. It was probably formed on the analogy of such words as irrespective, irrelevant, and irreparable. Those who use it, including on occasion educated speakers, may do so from a desire to add emphasis. Irregardless first appeared in the early 20th century and was perhaps popularized by its use in a comic radio program of the 1930s.

Jaguar

Edit: I should explain this further. That anything, even cold blooded murder, could be considered moral to one and immoral to another. It is considered to us to be immoral because we have a largely agreed upon external morality. This is the problem. I don't believe that people who are different are wrong. I believe that we are all right, or all wrong. In a world of murderers, the peacemaker is vulgar. And who am I to say otherwise? Who am I to look down upon the schizophrenic's shattered reality? Morality is a lie and should be put in its place.

Profound. I like it.

pure_mercury

Order Now!
MBTI Type
ESFJ
The idea of morality as it stands is to me an abomination. The distinction between morality and virtue must be made. One can be right without having to be moral.

Edit: I should explain this further. That anything, even cold blooded murder, could be considered moral to one and immoral to another. It is considered to us to be immoral because we have a largely agreed upon external morality. This is the problem. I don't believe that people who are different are wrong. I believe that we are all right, or all wrong. In a world of murderers, the peacemaker is vulgar. And who am I to say otherwise? Who am I to look down upon the schizophrenic's shattered reality? Morality is a lie and should be put in its place.

This is the bad kind of moral relativism.

heart

heart on fire
The idea of morality as it stands is to me an abomination. The distinction between morality and virtue must be made. One can be right without having to be moral.

There's a bit of difference between chain saw murderer and someone who likes to dye their hair multicolor.

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
STs and I get along like two parts of a well-oiled machine when circumstances go arai. That's about the only time I really know of that we typically operate seamlessly.

Other than that they must make an impact and this just doesn't jive with me.

Lots of impact needed in emergencies tho. In my view we work together prolly better than any other two types in a situation of that type. :D

Into It

MBTI Type
ENFP
There's a bit of difference between chain saw murderer and someone who likes to dye their hair multicolor.

Yes, there is. As of yet, dying your hair multicolor is not punishable by death.

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
Considering our problems with greenhouse gases and suburban sprawl and an over reliance on fossil fuels, it appears that the SJs failed to destroy enough automobiles.
:devil:

SJ's destroyed the first automobile in favor of the horse and buggy.

ladyinspring

MBTI Type
INFP
What's your point? Should I go quote something from Bugs Bunny to counter this?

you people are funny, I like it here

Only wanted to say one more thing, since the conversation has moved on. Not all SJs are conservatives, if by conservative you mean right-wing. Lots of SJs, particularly the SFJs, vote solid Democrat and probably demonize conservatives more than anybody. And a lot of right-wingers are Ns. Libertarian NTs, social conservative NFs (like me, I'm a hardcore right-winger by a lot of standards). SJs are conservators, but an SJ in a liberal culture may want to conserve that culture. SJs exist all over the world, not just in the context of polarized extremist Americanized politics.

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
*sigh* Apparently, Athenian has me on his ignore list, so I guess we'll never know. :cry:

Into It

MBTI Type
ENFP
Considering our problems with greenhouse gases and suburban sprawl and an over reliance on fossil fuels, it appears that the SJs failed to destroy enough automobiles.
:devil:

Keep believing these things and you will be one of many with a sense of pride and accomplishment when you pay the upcoming taxes on carbon emissions that will be imposed to "save the planet."

Into It

MBTI Type
ENFP
you people are funny, I like it here

Only wanted to say one more thing, since the conversation has moved on. Not all SJs are conservatives, if by conservative you mean right-wing. Lots of SJs, particularly the SFJs, vote solid Democrat and probably demonize conservatives more than anybody. And a lot of right-wingers are Ns. Libertarian NTs, social conservative NFs (like me, I'm a hardcore right-winger by a lot of standards). SJs are conservators, but an SJ in a liberal culture may want to conserve that culture. SJs exist all over the world, not just in the context of polarized extremist Americanized politics.

1.Yes, heart's always a pleasure.

2.Republicans, Democrats, it's getting hard to tell the difference. But not many SJ's would criticize the system as a whole.

Into It

MBTI Type
ENFP
Actually, yes, someone as obtuse as yourself should quote Bugs Bunny.
It's all you are capable of understanding.

Whoa, tiger. Heart is not obtuse, I can say from experience.
By the way, what is your type, Jaguar?