• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Prejudice against Sensors?

Jeffster

veteran attention whore
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx
Oh read the posts on this board. Anyone who says anything that isn't 100 percent rainbows and sunshine about sensors is said to tbe attacking a sacred cow that must be protected.

So other preference gets this sort of treatment.

I do read the posts on this board. And you didn't answer my question, so I'm still waiting for who specifically is accusing people of attacking a sacred cow. Even the creator of this thread didn't allege that.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
[F]I'm wondering why N's can't shut up about being perescuted in real life, and take it out on S's I mean really! this solves nothing, just makes so everyone hates each other can't we just get along and bake cookies [/F]

sorry but I don't feel that peresecuted in real life, yes I get called weird, and yes I get fed up with it, but not enough to hate every single person in the whole world. People suck, that's an important thing to remember. Sometime's they can be awesome but lots of times the suck, so do what you do and find people who are awesome and don't worry about the rest.

PS and if you say you hate cookies, then fine! but quit being so bitter because you fail in the real world.

*this PS has been brought to you by a failure

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
Are sensors so delicate that they alone of all the preferences need blanket protection to criticize N without being criticized back for being critical?

No. Ns here just need to stop putting down Ss to make themselves feel better about themselves. I've told Is to shut up about the victim complex just as much, if not more.

Oh read the posts on this board. Anyone who says anything that isn't 100 percent rainbows and sunshine about sensors is said to tbe attacking a sacred cow that must be protected.

If you have read my posts, one of my points so far is that Ss have a deficiency in many aspects of life compared to Ns. Sacred cow? Hardly. I'm just not going to put up with a self-identified maligned group using their perceived slights, contrary any evidence I have seen, as an excuse to attack a large non-uniform group.

Unique

I don't know if i could be an S, its not that I hate them, I don't see i even said i wish i could be one, but my brain doesn't work well with concrete its like even if I try to focus on the present I'm like this reminds me of this....or what if....and then it goes from their and I'm panic because I'm like Oh god! the world's going to end and wait what? oh a wall hmm probably should turn now...quit being ridiculous the world isn't going to end, well maybe, but not very soon, ok cool. we cool? yes. good. now cross the street before the light turns. my thought process 70% of the time. of course I do notice walls before I bang into them I'm not THAT unaware of my surroundings.

teach me to be a sensor, i want to learn :worthy:

infps are the best :D

Unique

Original Post From This Thread> http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/welcomes-introductions/14122-hi-there-2.html
Hmmm, that's a first, an ISTP introducing an INFJ to a deeper understanding of self. There are a lot of INFJs in the forums that have ISTP ex-husbands and ex-boyfriends so you should have no trouble finding people to help in matter of relationships. That is said somewhat as a smart ass because I don't think Sensors and iNtuitives should mix worst of all an ST and NF but I'm sure there are ways to make it work.

Anyway, welcome to the forum, I hope you stick around and good luck with your robot...uh, I meant boyfriend ;)

PS God why are ENTPs sucks asses!

Thats real supportive, your solution is because he is an S she should break it off with him. Why? So you can hunt her down and replace him? :huh:

Why can't an SP show an NF a deeper understanding of themselves? I do it all the time with an INFP friend of mine and she calls me the wise one constantly thank you very much.

You sir, are a complete moron.

In fact this deserves a place in http://www.typologycentral.com/foru...matrices/14717-prejudice-against-sensors.html

Qre:us

So other preference gets this sort of treatment.

That was never my intention, to insinuate that we now treat Sensors with kid gloves, as if they're some holy dairy farm incarnate; it would be another form of prejudice on my part - that which is then enacted as patronization this time. Thus, highly hypocritical and make the intial inquiry of my thread redundant.

Logical, no?

For example, early early on in the thread, within the first few pages, here's a dialogue with a Sensor and myself:
Of course I don't mean to be ungrateful, just kind of confused about the need for another one.

Why would you being grateful need to be assumed? Don't be a victim, it'll help ease the supposed victimization.

* NB: He was actually nice enough to discuss further this mentality of gratefulness (is it victimization?) with me in private, which is another matter.

Point being, it is a reality on this forum, prejudice against sensors, and I posit that it is due to misconceptions about the typological definition of sensing, and the discussion continued on from there. Some people may react to this thread with an equal and opposite reaction of, 'let's now cuddle the S, you're so smart, you're so great, I wanna be your true mate! :static:' - which I think is also kinda weak, I say 'kinda' cuz it's a personal opinion, but, I had hoped to engage on why this happens in the FIRST PLACE.

MOO! BOO!

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I criticize only those S type people who assume their way is the best/only way and I criticize them most for being difficult to deal with because of this. On this board when I do this I am accused of being prejudiced and being too critical.

Yet I could criticize Extroverts, Thinkers and J's all day and night for more basic, stereotypical and incorrect aspects and people would hardly bat an eyelash...it's just this S-N area that has developed a strange sort of political correctness, like it's a sacred cow or something.

Are sensors so delicate that they alone of all the preferences need blanket protection to criticize N without being criticized back for being critical?

QFT

heart

heart on fire
And yet, Ns still complain about mistreatment IRL. So, Ns come online to commiserate about how Ss don't understand them IRL (and, often, take no responsibility for the lack of two-way communication), then they complain that Ss are too sensitive to criticism online? That is the definition of "double standard."

How is that a double standard? S's are perfectly free to make complaint here about the N's whom they feel don't make enough effort to communicate clearly. In fact they'd be lauded as being open-minded and free of the nasty N bias. You could create special threads in your private forums to complain about it without comments from the N.

But let's just forget all of that!

Okay, you've convinced me, the sensors need and deserve special protection on a board full of brutal truth towards every other function type--- single out the sensors and make it politically incorrect for them to be criticized, even though they are still allowed to criticize N's on here with the very same criticisms that the evil N were daring to complain about them using in the first place. Will that help soothe everyone's ruffled feathers? Sounds like a win-win to me.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
Humans! shut up for a moment. think. think. no no just think. ok still thinking? Oh forget it you would never understand. N or S's

HA! just called you both stupid and closed minded, now their problem fixed.

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
HA! just called you both stupid and closed minded, now their problem fixed.

Heh, that does seem to be the solution Heart is suggesting. Open season on Ns, or something.

Nothing like embracing understanding to help understand each other.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
nah, I'm just tired watching people dig their self's deeper when trying to defend themselves, I really don't care enough to hate or like sensors or intuitives exclusively neither one is that OMG amazing marry me your a genius! I love you have my babies and eat bran with me when we get old and constipated. or OMG You fucking moron kill yourself, I've met people from both groups who I've had those reactions to, of course I wasn't being completely serious....most of the time.

wait...I'm a girl i should be having their babies, technology ok yes they can have my babies.

heart

heart on fire
Heh, that does seem to be the solution Heart is suggesting. Open season on Ns, or something.

Nothing like embracing understanding to help understand each other.

Nothing like putting muzzles on one side and letting the other side have total freedom. That seems to be what your side wants.

All I say is it shouldn't be seen as some kind of crime that N complain about S criticizing them in offline life. Then PureMerc said that was a double standard, that N shouldn't get to be criticized in real life and then expect to get to also come on here and complain about it too. That's just too much fun for anyone person to have in life.

So I suggested that the way he could deal with his stress over this intolerable double standard was to create his own threads to complain about it. It is better that he feel free to complain about what he doesn't like that to try and muzzle the voices of the other side.

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
All I say is it shouldn't be seen as some kind of crime that N complain about S criticizing them in offline life.
I agree with this.

If I have an observation about a type that might be seen as unfavorable, I should still be able to state this observation. At least in my regard, it has nothing to do with them being S or N, I'm just stating what I have observed. If a certain type tends to be critical of me, I will say so. If a certain type tends to make me laugh too much, I will say so. I would hope that others would not get on their moral soapbox about this, but even so, I still stand by my thoughts.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Thank you on the part about my posts.

What Heart is saying is pretty self-evident from just reading posts about type tendencies all over the board. By and large, you can't criticize any behavioral tendencies associated with a given type without people from that type getting needlessly upset and insisting emotionally that you take it back, or repeating endlessly (and quite pointlessly) that OMG THAT DOESN'T APPLY TO EVERY SINGLE PERSON IN MY TYPE U R AN A-HOLE!

She's right, though, that a degree of political correctness about being nice to Sensors has arisen around the forum. I know you didn't ask for it personally and probably had little to nothing to do with its genesis, but saying anything bad about Sensors has turned into this litmus test for prejudice or bigotry, when just about every other type and preference gets its share of criticism, too. Look at the recent series of "I hate x type" threads!

yenom

Alexander the Terrible
I think N have more long term memories, while S are more efficient at processing short term memories.

A S could nrever understand an N because information to S seems two dimensional, while information to an N seems 3 dimensional. That is what i think the difference is.