• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Prejudice against Sensors?

zarc

MBTI Type
Zzzz
I disagree.

So, as I said, it's not SJ or NJ which allows for greater speed at making up one's mind.

EJs are different than IJs. It's due to Introverted Perception vs Extraverted Judgement, and which comes first.

IJs have Introverted Perception (Si/Ni). So, they don't make up their minds as easily as perception wants more information before applying it through Je (Te/Fe).

Whereas with EJs, who favour Extraverted Judgment (Te/Fe), they've may have made their minds up quicker due to the previous information that was stored through Pi (Si/Ni).

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't feel inferior to Sensors. Not at all.

Good for you! Why should you feel inferior to anyone for any reason? I myself do not believe in the need for inferiority complexes of any kind.

I make sure I tell my Sensor friends every day how much their inability to understand beyond immediate reality causes my heart to bleed :)

People who don't understand my immediate reality don't have a chance to go beyond it, they get lost in my dust! ;)

nanook

a scream in a vortex
while every type has his typical blindspots, some of those spots match the common understading of the word "closed mindeness" better, than others. its not relevant to the estimation of the (negative) value of the blindspot, just a boring language thing. therefore i will keep my idea about the propper pairing of closed mindedness and type to myself, i'll just say that its not an S/N thing in my mind

there are many other nice words to argue about like sensotardation, blindness, ignorance, superficiality....

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I searched, it was futile. Sorry for the redundancy.

I meant I think they're visible on the front page, I've seen them recently. But it's not really a big deal; I figured that for you to make a new thread, you must not have seen the old ones. (makes sense)

NewEra

MBTI Type
I
I meant I think they're visible on the front page, I've seen them recently. But it's not really a big deal; I figured that for you to make a new thread, you must not have seen the old ones. (makes sense)

Haha, there's that word again! :hi:

Lauren Ashley

Revelation
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Good for you! Why should you feel inferior to anyone for any reason? I myself do not believe in the need for inferiority complexes of any kind.

I read this:

Often times people with an inferiority complex feel better about themselves if they talk trash about those not like them.

as meaning that some intuitives have an inferiority complex. Is that what you meant?

Qre:us

I meant I think they're visible on the front page, I've seen them recently. But it's not really a big deal; I figured that for you to make a new thread, you must not have seen the old ones.(makes sense)

I could also be wanting to get the glory of a popular thread ALL ATTRIBUTED TO ME!!!! :devil:

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Lauren: You over analyzing what he said. :tongue:

He meant people in general... When they get an inferiority complex they will feel better if they talk trash about the people who are different (those who they see as inferior). Where did you read "some intuitives have an inferiority complex?" He meant people in general. :huh:

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
Lauren: You over analyzing what he said. :tongue:

He meant people in general... When they get an inferiority complex they will feel better if they talk trash about the people who are different (those who they see as inferior). Where did you read "some intuitives have an inferiority complex?" He meant people in general. :huh:

It was obviously directed at intuitives who bash sensors, addressing the OP. I don't have a problem with someone saying that, but I do think the label "inferiority complex" is very overused and usually inaccurate.

BlackCat

Shaman
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It was obviously directed at intuitives who bash sensors. I don't have a problem with someone saying that, but I do think the label "inferiority complex" is very overused and usually inaccurate.

In this case yes, but he didn't really say that. What he said seems to hold true in most cases. I see "inferiority complex" as more of an expression myself. :tongue:

I think both suggestions have some merit: Maybe a misconception of what Sensing is, and maybe "prejudice" from dealing with the rest of society. And yet putting too much of the blame on "misconception of Sensing" sounds almost like an excuse. It sounds like an "easy way out" of an uncomfortable spot.

But, we must understand that misconceptions do not arise by themselves....people bring it forward, first. Hence, is it really an 'easy way out'? Are we really absolving people of their part to play in this?
I was just trying to see this issue from another view than 'he said/she said', to 'what he said/what she said'.

It's easiest in terms of sustainable dialogue to attack the what than the who. IMO.

Eruca

78% me
MBTI Type
INxx
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
These sorts of threads always make me examine my owns thoughts and feelings. I feel that if i dont watch myself, ill become just as bigoted as the rest of the world.

It occurs to me that there are Sensors on this forum who I greatly respect and there are iNtuitves who I just dont.

:blush: So I guess im in the clear.

That said...SJs are the most annoying thing on the planet at times.

ajblaise

Minister of Propagandhi
MBTI Type
INTP
In this case yes, but he didn't really say that. What he said seems to hold true in most cases. I see "inferiority complex" as more of an expression myself. :tongue:

Usually when I hear the term, it's being used by someone to bash someone else.... because that person bashed them.

But in reality, it's an extreme and somewhat rare affliction.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
...That said...SJs are the most annoying thing on the planet at times.

Ha! I know a ESTJ who is hilarious but can also be a REAL pain in the arse! That's coming from me, another sensor, what I traitor I am... :doh:

This is just proof that for any given type of people, there are both gems and dipshits.

So, as I said, it's not SJ or NJ which allows for greater speed at making up one's mind.

EJs are different than IJs. It's due to Introverted Perception vs Extraverted Judgement, and which comes first.

IJs have Introverted Perception (Si/Ni). So, they don't make up their minds as easily as perception wants more information before applying it through Je (Te/Fe).

Whereas with EJs, who favour Extraverted Judgment (Te/Fe), they've may have made their minds up quicker due to the previous information that was stored through Pi (Si/Ni).

Meaning...........we need the J for speed in making up the mind (versus the P), right? And, since this thread is about Sensors (whose 'opposite' is N), my example of SJ versus NJ. I wasn't trying to get to the nitty-gritty of 'speed of decision making' across all types. It was a response to another poster regarding close-mindedness in the SJ, hence, my comparison of NJ. J being the key, not the sensing (or intuition) <-- this was my point.

simulatedworld

Freshman Member
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w6
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have a guess as to why this is, aside from what's already been said--

This place is kind of an escape for many iNtuitives. Since we're a minority in the real world (about 25-30% of the population), we constantly have to live and work in the Sensory world, which is not our natural playing field.

I am mocked by Sensing friends, family and co-workers in real life constantly for not being attuned to my physical surroundings and the realistic details of the here and now. And since 70-75% of people are Sensors, this is perfectly acceptable in common practice. "LOL look at the stupid NP that can't remember to tie his shoes or put gas in his car."

And that's perfectly okay, because most people really do find that to be stupid. Yet when I mock someone for lacking iNtuitive abilities, now suddenly I'm an asshole. Why would you expect anyone to understand that shit? Making fun of people for not grasping abstract intuitive systems, wow, what a fucking dick!

The attitude I get constantly is something to the effect of, "If you're so smart as to understand all this hypothetical bullshit, how can you be so stupid as to not understand basic rules of common courtesy? You must intentionally be an asshole!"

And without fail, the only people that understand what this is like are other Ns. We don't want to live in the real, tactile, Sensing world most of the time, but we have to, and we're tired of getting shit for not understanding it as well, so we gather here to talk shit about you. That's pretty much it.

Cimarron

IRL is not real
MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Simulated World, we were also wondering how much of it (if any) was due to a misconception about what the Sensing function is.