Permabanned
    MBTI
    xkcd
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/sp
    Socionics
    INT_

Quote Originally Posted by FC3S View Post
    I read some of the posts in this thread and it is disgusting. People need to learn to get a long and tolerate each other, irregardless of type.
    That's not a word.

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    (I've missed a lot of this conversation, so bear with me)

When you are young and still live at home or otherwise need to depend on your family for your physical well-being (food, shelter, etc), it can be dangerous to embrace conflict with them. Particularly if they are the type to withhold necessities if you are not toeing their line. This is especially true of narcissists who are incapable of seeing from another person's perspective, even their own child's. Often, the way to deal with a narcissist is to keep everything surface-level and nod and smile if you must to get through the day, and closely guard your inner life as your own. You don't owe anyone the revelation of your deepest thoughts and feelings. So, simply nodding and smiling and playing "cheerful and stupid" is a way of remaining in control of yourself when forced to deal with people like that.
    Well said.

I think we all tend to forget that some people here are very young, inexperienced and may also live under a lot of pressure and strain that we may not always be aware of.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by MacGuffin View Post
    That's not a word.
    Makes me cringe every time I see it, even though it's finally weaseled its way into the dictionary.

How long before "articulant" makes it in there...

MBTI
    ENFP

Quote Originally Posted by juggernaut View Post
    it's finally weaseled its way into the dictionary.
    You're...kidding...and does it say "regardless" as the definition?

Edit:
    irregardless

an erroneous word that, etymologically, means the exact opposite of what it is used to express, attested in non-standard writing from 1912, probably a blend of irrespective and regardless. Perhaps inspired by the double negative used as an emphatic.
    An inscription above the gate to Hell:
    "Eternal Love also created me"

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Into It View Post
    You're...kidding...and does it say "regardless" as the definition?
    Yup...

ir?re?gard?less
    ??/??r??g?rdl?s/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [ir-i-gahrd-lis] Show IPA
    –adverb Nonstandard.
    regardless.
    Origin:
    1910–15; ir- 2 (prob. after irrespective) + regardless

Usage note:
    Irregardless is considered nonstandard because of the two negative elements ir- and -less. It was probably formed on the analogy of such words as irrespective, irrelevant, and irreparable. Those who use it, including on occasion educated speakers, may do so from a desire to add emphasis. Irregardless first appeared in the early 20th century and was perhaps popularized by its use in a comic radio program of the 1930s.

Edit: I should explain this further. That anything, even cold blooded murder, could be considered moral to one and immoral to another. It is considered to us to be immoral because we have a largely agreed upon external morality. This is the problem. I don't believe that people who are different are wrong. I believe that we are all right, or all wrong. In a world of murderers, the peacemaker is vulgar. And who am I to say otherwise? Who am I to look down upon the schizophrenic's shattered reality? Morality is a lie and should be put in its place.

Profound. I like it.

MBTI
    ESFJ

The idea of morality as it stands is to me an abomination. The distinction between morality and virtue must be made. One can be right without having to be moral.

Edit: I should explain this further. That anything, even cold blooded murder, could be considered moral to one and immoral to another. It is considered to us to be immoral because we have a largely agreed upon external morality. This is the problem. I don't believe that people who are different are wrong. I believe that we are all right, or all wrong. In a world of murderers, the peacemaker is vulgar. And who am I to say otherwise? Who am I to look down upon the schizophrenic's shattered reality? Morality is a lie and should be put in its place.

This is the bad kind of moral relativism.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

heart on fire

The idea of morality as it stands is to me an abomination. The distinction between morality and virtue must be made. One can be right without having to be moral.

There's a bit of difference between chain saw murderer and someone who likes to dye their hair multicolor.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    3w4 sx/so

STs and I get along like two parts of a well-oiled machine when circumstances go arai. That's about the only time I really know of that we typically operate seamlessly.

Other than that they must make an impact and this just doesn't jive with me.

Lots of impact needed in emergencies tho. In my view we work together prolly better than any other two types in a situation of that type.
    "..And the eight and final rule: If this is your first time at Fight Club, you have to fight."
    'Men are meant to be with women. The rest is perversion and mental illness.'

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    There's a bit of difference between chain saw murderer and someone who likes to dye their hair multicolor.

Fair is foul and foul is fair.
    -Shakespeare