MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by Athenian200 View Post
    I don't.

I know that the conservative-types (what type they are, most of them might not even be SJs) won't have change. Why do you think I'm so bitter?
    Well.... you're wrong.

Their "solution" is usually to tell me that I'm misguided to disagree with them. They often won't even concede that my problem is valid, and that I must just be seeing things incorrectly.
    And maybe... they're right. Have you critically examined your own arguments to see if they are valid?

Assuming you have, and assuming they still won't accept them, then agree to disagree and move on.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by Costrin
    WHY CAN'T WE JUST ALL BE FWIENDS?!?!

Banned

I don't.

I know that the conservative-types (what type they are, most of them might not even be SJs) won't have change. Why do you think I'm so bitter?

Their "solution" is usually to tell me that I'm misguided to disagree with them. They often won't even concede that my problem is valid, and that I must just be seeing things incorrectly.
    Well, how about just trying to take people as they are and forget the MBTI stuff? There will always be differences of opinion, but our liberality is no better than their conservatism. It just is what is. You want them to change as much as they want you to. Stop expecting folks to be like you and you'll be a lot happier.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    I really don't see the purpose of hating SJs, they aren't all terrible honestly. The only way you could say that they're all terrible is by going out and meeting every XSXJ in the world and making the same judgment on them, saying that they're terrible.
    After thinking about it, I've realized they might not even be SJs. They could really be just about any type, but they just tend to be associated with SJs. So I guess I should take that back.
    Why are you afraid of creating conflict? Your relationships with people grow stronger when you survive conflict, especially necessary conflict. If you just go along with what people say and don't object if you don't agree with it, bad things will happen, misunderstandings will happen, etc. Why are you afraid of creating conflict? It's not the end of the world to have a disagreement with someone. You will never get your voice in if you just agree, thus making you feel unheard (like you basically feel). It's just a bad loop that you could easily fix. What's stopping you from voicing what you want to say? Why would you even think it was the best thing to do, to avoid a problem? You know that problems just get worse.
    I guess I'm just not comfortable with conflict, at least not in real life. I'm scared of it because I feel like agreeing with them is the only way to be safe.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I guess I'm just not comfortable with conflict, at least not in real life. I'm scared of it because I feel like agreeing with them is the only way to be safe.
    You will get no where in life with this type of thinking.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    You will get no where in life with this type of thinking.
    That's not very helpful, since you didn't tell me what kind of thinking I should replace it with. All that tells me is that you think mine is wrong. Doesn't even tell me what's wrong with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Into It View Post
    Si users, however, tend to disgust me, and I often have nightmares of a world filled only with SJ's, in which all people lived in caves, bleed the sick, and write with quills, because this is the way things "should be done."
    I asked a doctor why a test had to be done on a certain day.
    She answered: "Because that's the way it's always been done."
    It was like talking to someone who had a lobotomy at birth.
    A Stepford Person.

I think people forget, you could see two S's fighting, just like two N's.
    It's the Se-Si, Ne-Ni, that are in battle. Not just black and white: S-N.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

That's not very helpful, since you didn't tell me what kind of thinking I should replace it with.
    The type of thinking that isn't afraid of conflict... The type of thinking that recognizes that at times one must risk yourself in conflict in order to avoid the greater harm of being stomped on and rolled over.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

(I've missed a lot of this conversation, so bear with me)

When you are young and still live at home or otherwise need to depend on your family for your physical well-being (food, shelter, etc), it can be dangerous to embrace conflict with them. Particularly if they are the type to withhold necessities if you are not toeing their line. This is especially true of narcissists who are incapable of seeing from another person's perspective, even their own child's. Often, the way to deal with a narcissist is to keep everything surface-level and nod and smile if you must to get through the day, and closely guard your inner life as your own. You don't owe anyone the revelation of your deepest thoughts and feelings. So, simply nodding and smiling and playing "cheerful and stupid" is a way of remaining in control of yourself when forced to deal with people like that.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Costrin View Post
    The type of thinking that isn't afraid of conflict... The type of thinking that recognizes that at times one must risk yourself in conflict in order to avoid the greater harm of being stomped on and rolled over.
    I figured this was implied. Besides, it's not my place to decide what you do, but I can direct you into doing something greater with yourself.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)