User Tag List

First 22303132333442 Last

Results 311 to 320 of 511

  1. #311
    heart on fire
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    If you say something that offends people on here, they have every right to come down on you for it.
    Nothing wrong with having a statement countered on a case by case basis, that's not what this is about. This about people trying to say that a whole class of cognitive functions cannot be complained about or spoken of in a negative light. As if just the face of doing so were wrong on the face of it, not the individual comments. It's about a type of political correctness, which okay if were going to be doing that here let's at least be honest about it.

    You must realize that what you are suggesting here actually is protecting Ns from criticism for criticizing Ss.
    No I am not, it is a fine point here. It's perfectly fine to counter criticisms from Ns on S's when they occur and based on the facts of each case--- what is disturbing are these pushes to make it seem like criticizing S's in general is somehow wrong in some blanket, accross the board fashion.

    Special threads to complain about Ns are lame. Just like special threads to complain about Ss are lame.
    That's a fair criticism when directed at individual threads based on their content.

    That's my point: don't be lame. Don't take something hurtful IRL and then turn around to do it online.
    Yet the overall board culture isn't like this. Thinkers insult Feelers all the time and vice-versa.

    You know, I enjoy a good complaint session as much as or more than the next guy, but this is ridiculous. If you SERIOUSLY are so weak-willed that "Ss," or "Ns," or "Ts," or "ABCDEFuckingGs" are making your life intolerable, no amount of online venting or MBTI study will change that.
    Same thing can be said of many things, just like politics. Doesn't mean people stop complaining.


    Moreover, your right to express yourself doesn't mean you have a right to be free from criticism. If you say something that offends people on here, they have every right to come down on you for it.
    They have a right to come down on me for the content of what I have said in each post, but attempts to stop me from speaking negatively on a specific topic is veering into political correctness and censorship.

  2. #312
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Nothing wrong with having a statement countered on a case by case basis, that's not what this is about. This about people trying to say that a whole class of cognitive functions cannot be complained about or spoken of in a negative light. As if just the face of doing so were wrong on the face of it, not the individual comments. It's about a type of political correctness, which okay if were going to be doing that here let's at least be honest about it.
    OK, so let's turn this around: why is it then wrong for Ss to criticize/put down Ns IRL? Or is it not wrong?


    No I am not, it is a fine point here. It's perfectly fine to counter criticisms from Ns on S's when they occur and based on the facts of each case--- what is disturbing are these pushes to make it seem like criticizing S's in general is somehow wrong in some blanket, accross the board fashion.
    If you extend that same attitude to EVERYONE (including MBTI-ignorant Ss IRL), then it shouldn't be a problem.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

  3. #313
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    They have a right to come down on me for the content of what I have said in each post, but attempts to stop me from speaking negatively on a specific topic is veering into political correctness and censorship.
    100% WRONG. Combating speech with opposing speech is not censorship. No way, no how.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

  4. #314
    Intriguing.... Quinlan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo
    Posts
    3,005

    Default

    I'm completely lost as to where we're at (criticising the criticism of prior critcism?).

    ... but why generalise Sensing at all? Some SJs and STPs seem more alien to me than some Ns. If you feel a need to make sweeping criticisms of big parts of the population I feel sorry for you.

  5. #315
    heart on fire
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    OK, so let's turn this around: why is it then wrong for Ss to criticize/put down Ns IRL? Or is it not wrong?
    No one is stopping them from doing it and it's just a fact of life that they do it and will continue doing it. I haven't attempted any campaign to silence them.

    But what you want for some odd reason is to say that N cannot complain about S complaining about them. You want to make it a rule of political correctness on this board. That's what I take issue with.

    I don't care if you come along and refute and each and every comment made about S on here on its individual merits, that's not what I am talking about. What rubs me the wrong way is people trying to act as if just the act of criticizing an S is wrong in and of itself regardless of whether or not it has any basis in truth, that it's just wrong because it's wrong.

  6. #316
    heart on fire
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    100% WRONG. Combating speech with opposing speech is not censorship. No way, no how.
    It's okay to combat speech. It's not okay to try and gag people on a specific topic.

    You are missing the point, so I'll give up now, it's futile to continue.

  7. #317
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    It's okay to combat speech. It's not okay to try and gag people on a specific topic.

    You are missing the point, so I'll give up now, it's futile to continue.

    Have you been threatened with expulsion from the site or had threads taken down? Has the federal government put you on a list somewhere?
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

  8. #318
    heart on fire
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    8,457

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Have you been threatened with expulsion from the site or had threads taken down? Has the federal government put you on a list somewhere?
    Futile to continue. We're talking past each other.

  9. #319
    Order Now! pure_mercury's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    MBTI
    ESFJ
    Posts
    6,946

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    No one is stopping them from doing it and it's just a fact of life that they do it and will continue doing it. I haven't attempted any campaign to silence them.
    Disagreeing with you or even telling you that you shouldn't feel the way you do is not "silencing" you. Sorry, it's just not.


    But what you want for some odd reason is to say that N cannot complain about S complaining about them. You want to make it a rule of political correctness on this board. That's what I take issue with.
    I am not talking about rules. I am talking about what's fair. Show me where I've suggested making a rule against Ns complaining on this board, and I will give you $1,000.


    I don't care if you come along and refute and each and every comment made about S on here on its individual merits, that's not what I am talking about. What rubs me the wrong way is people trying to act as if just the act of criticizing an S is wrong in and of itself regardless of whether or not it has any basis in truth, that it's just wrong because it's wrong.
    They have every right to believe it, whether it rubs you the wrong way or not. You have to deal with it. That is not censorship or political correctness. You have a right to express your opinions. You do NOT have a right to have them respected.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

  10. #320
    Artisan Conquerer Halla74's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE
    Posts
    6,927

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    I'm completely lost as to where we're at (criticising the criticism of prior critcism?).

    ... but why generalise Sensing at all? Some SJs and STPs seem more alien to me than some Ns. If you feel a need to make sweeping criticisms of big parts of the population I feel sorry for you.
    Well put, Brother! Cheers to your fairness and virtue.

Similar Threads

  1. TypeC biased against sensors?
    By Oaky in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 03-28-2010, 12:52 AM
  2. [NT] The NT Prejudice Against Feeling
    By Synarch in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 99
    Last Post: 05-03-2009, 03:42 AM
  3. [MBTItm] Question for sensors?
    By SolitaryWalker in forum The SP Arthouse (ESFP, ISFP, ESTP, ISTP)
    Replies: 116
    Last Post: 03-12-2009, 03:30 AM
  4. [ISTJ] Famous dead Sensors
    By labyrinthine in forum The SJ Guardhouse (ESFJ, ISFJ, ESTJ, ISTJ)
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 04-11-2008, 01:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO