User Tag List

First 1234513 Last

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    I know some intuitives (who aren't into MBTI) label sensors as "closed minded" or "slow." I also know/see sensors (who aren't into MBTI) label intuitives as "weird." I think people who buy into the whole "different is bad thing" are closed minded themselves, S/N preference doesn't really matter that much.
    When isn't being "closed minded" a bad thing? I see nothing wrong with identifying this tendency as a negative.

(not that all sensors are that way)

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    When isn't being "closed minded" a bad thing? I see nothing wrong with identifying this tendency as a negative.

(not that all sensors are that way)
    Uh... I think you maybe took what I said a different way than what I intended. Being closed minded IS bad, that's what I was trying to convey in that message. It is a negative tendency.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    INTP

Uh... I think you maybe took what I said a different way than what I intended. Being closed minded IS bad, that's what I was trying to convey in that message. It is a negative tendency.
    So what's wrong with associating that with sensorism? I think the correlation is high enough.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

I learned in my life, there are always people who feel obligated. And most of them aint sensors. I love sensors.
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    So what's wrong with associating that with sensorism? I think the correlation is high enough.
    Well, sensors aren't closed minded (not all of them!). That's why. For us they may be, but I tend to make friends with the more open minded ones, and I can make them see things in a sort of intuitive way, and they make me see things in a concrete way. No closed mindedness there. I just think it's negative to slap on a stereotype like that to 75% of the human population, because I know that all sensors aren't closed minded.

What's wrong with associated being intuitive with being "weird?" Pretty much the same thing as above, weird is an opinion, as is being closed minded. Closed minded sensors aren't closed minded to other closed minded sensors, and intuitives aren't weird to other intuitives.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

MBTI
    entp
    Enneagram

you keep ignoring me, I go make a pizza
    [URL]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEBvftJUwDw&t=0s[/URL]

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by entropie View Post
    I learned in my life, there are always people who feel obligated. And most of them aint sensors. I love sensors.
    Feel obligated to what?

For example, do you believe that intuition goes hand in hand with imagination, and as such, sensors 'lack that level of imagination' as intuits?

MBTI
    INTP

Well, sensors aren't closed minded (not all of them!). That's why. For us they may be, but I tend to make friends with the more open minded ones, and I can make them see things in a sort of intuitive way, and they make me see things in a concrete way. No closed mindedness there. I just think it's negative to slap on a stereotype like that to 75% of the human population, because I know that all sensors aren't closed minded.

What's wrong with associated being intuitive with being "weird?" Pretty much the same thing as above, weird is an opinion, as is being closed minded. Closed minded sensors aren't closed minded to other closed minded sensors, and intuitives aren't weird to other intuitives.
    MBTI is all about attaching generalities and stereotypes to different labels. I find people are fine when we talk about positive generalities, but many don't like identifying the negative ones. I think we should look at all of them.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    For example, do you believe that intuition goes hand in hand with imagination, and as such, sensors 'lack that level of imagination' as intuits?
    Hell no. SolitaryWalker started a thread like this, he got flamed SO hard and disproved countless times. Sensors DO NOT lack imagination. Imagination =/= ideas. Anyone can have an imagination.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.