User Tag List

First 15232425262735 Last

actually fighting a war requires some heavy Se, and reacting to uncertainities requires some heavy Ne. So I take back what I said.
    The fear of poverty turns people into slaves of money.

"In this Caesar there are many Mariuses"~Sulla

Conquer your inner demons first before you conquer the world.

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    5x/o

Quote Originally Posted by Hmm View Post
    May I talk about my feeeeelings for a second? Thank you. (Ahem)

It's quite a strange bittersweet feeling to be an SJ on this forum. You can palpate the hate that's for sure and that makes me want to cry baby Jesus tears because I like many of the Ns. However, there's also something curiously interesting and fascinating about being labeled "normal" and being on a forum full of people who claim to be so "different". It's sort of like being in that movie "Shaun of the Dead", there's only a few of us SJs and the zombie Ns just want to eat us. It's great. I don't know about the rest of you but I run through the forum sections with a shovel in hand.
    Haven't gotten very far through the rather prolific-ness, but I just have to say this post is kind of genius, Hmm. I am totally socially awkward, and dammit, I kind of like sometimes being told I'm normal and feeling like some sort of social idiot savant.

This probably speaks to some sort of messed-up ego stuff in myself, but fuck it.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by untypable View Post
    intuition is held high regard in things veyond common knowledge, where experience is the only teacher. For instance like fighting in a war, gaining experience and reuse that experience into the war again. We can use napoleon as an example. some people just know hjow to fight wars without anyone teaching them.

It is also held high regard in art, problem solving, and book writing and where knowledge demands application in real life.
    I don't really believe in intuition anyway, even though i scored high as an intuitive. I think intuitives think more about long term things as per day to day basis.

Interesting. I think that I think about the long term more than the average person (and, by extension, Sensor), but I also think about concrete details and ways to achieve what I want for it.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    Interesting. I think that I think about the long term more than the average person (and, by extension, Sensor), but I also think about concrete details and ways to achieve what I want for it.
    Ahhh dude I just got your signature. Had to pronounce it out loud. Cute!
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by untypable View Post
    intuition is held high regard in things veyond common knowledge, where experience is the only teacher. For instance like fighting in a war, gaining experience and reuse that experience into the war again. We can use napoleon as an example. some people just know hjow to fight wars without anyone teaching them.
    How many generals does it take to fight a war? How many INFJ you want in the foxholes compared to how many guys with good strong Se skills?

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    How many generals does it take to fight a war? How many INFJ you want in the foxholes compared to how many guys with good strong Se skills?
    Again, this is another classic example of misusing MBTI, and showing type prejudice. My bf is a senior officer in the army, and he rose to his ranks quite young to the accolades of his older colleagues, cuz he's just that damn smart with strategy and leadership. He's a major (newly crowned ), who is an engineer for the army, with specialization in tanks, a contingency planner, oh......and an INFJ. He just has an amazing grasp over his T. And, much respect from his subordinates. His motto, if I delegate a task, and I am not doing anything, then, hell ya, I'm working with the subordinates to get the task done. However, petty or dislikable the task. He's probably the most diplomatic, fair and motivating person I've met. And, even with his feeling mudding him up, he's still an ace at target practice and making split-second rational, strategic decisions without turning into . Paradox?

It's not that hard for a Feeler to access T, just like it isn't completely foreign for sensors to intuit as well. (and vice versa)

MBTI
    TIGR
    Enneagram
    3w4
    Socionics
    EII None

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post

It's not that hard for a Feeler to access T, just like it isn't completely foreign for sensors to intuit as well. (and vice versa)
    this is true. not everyone's a big dummy! ;P
    Time is a delicate mistress.

Quote Originally Posted by alcea rosea View Post
    This same issues seems to come up time after time...
    And, time after time, there's no resolution as the prejudice continues....

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    Heck no dude. Everyone knows feelers are incapable of logical reasoning, thinkers are incapable of feeling emotion, sensors can't intuit and don't have an imagination, and that intuitives are incapable of realizing the real world around them. Seriously, this is common knowledge.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Damn, I'm like 51% Sensor and 49% N - so into the S-box I go! Love these open-minded Ns with their giant boxes.

Once again, interesting how the ones that are the most biased against S-types are barely out of childhood. Come back and tell us all about it when you are paying a mortgage, about to put a kid into college, pay the bills and cook dinner every night. Perhaps you will become more balanced over time?

My little SJ-rant of the day.