User Tag List

First 3111213141523 Last

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff View Post
    Only partly true! The things they don't like about other people acquire the sensor label, even if the person they dislike is not actually a sensor. They just 1) suck and 2) haven't been formally typed.. so they "must be" a sensor...
    I've never heard someone say they don't like a sensor because of a non-sensor quality. It always has something relatable to S/N, or SJ/NP, because it's usually SJs getting bashed.

MBTI
    INxJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    It's a shame this post is so dreadfully stupid, because the last one I read by you was really brilliant.

I typed myself as ENTP because when I discovered MBTI I read several descriptions for each type and found that the ENTP one consistently described me very well, in many ways. No, I would not type myself as a Sensor if the supposed type bias in the literature were more S-favorable. What a nonsensical implication. If you're "very very sure" about something that you so obviously can't know anything about (my personal feelings and motivations), maybe next time you should double check your own poorly functioning iNtuition before you mouth off a bunch of bullshit.
    Heh, that's not exactly discouraging. I've made my point anyway.
    Not really.

Quote Originally Posted by pure_mercury View Post
    You make it sound as if it's OK, and it's not. It has nothing to do with bias; there are fair ways of dealing with people, and there are unfair ways of dealing with people, and the phenomenon you are describing is unfair and dehumanizing. You're perpetuating something that you decry, which is hypocritical.
    That's what I already directed at him, Mr. Outcast of the Blue Man group (cuz of the 'tache). He has yet to reply.

I really want a reply, actually, because it has popped up a few times on this thread, this reasoning: but, they have done it to us IRL!!!

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    I've never heard someone say they don't like a sensor because of a non-sensor quality. It always has something relatable to S/N, or SJ/NP, because it's usually SJs getting bashed.
    Of course they do..

"Stupid" people are called sensors.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Never? That cannot be possible.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    I don't actually think that S-type people are actively thinking to themselves, "Gosh, that guy is a strong N according to MBTI and therefore I dislike him!" It's astonishing that your reading comprehension could be poor enough for you to think I meant that. I just think it's an awfully big coincidence that (and I have gotten nearly all of my friends and family to take the MBTI at some point) such a high majority of the people I've been close to throughout life have all scored xNxx on the test.
    Of course not... They'll only say that so-and-so are different than me... it's so awkward dealing with him... I'd rather not. But unconsciously the thought runs across their mind that they don't like non-group members because they're different.

However what Nadir was referring to is clique mentality... which can run quite strongly on forums. Actually it was one of the reasons why I left INTPc... I couldn't take the drama against "non INTPs". I've been told things are better now but I like it fine here.

No, I would not type myself as a Sensor if the supposed type bias in the literature were more S-favorable. What a nonsensical implication.
    Question for you...

If being N will get you tarred and feathered, would you pronounce your N-ness? Or keep quiet about it? Surprisingly many people will go along with the trend...
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Of course they do..

Well the S/N divide does have the greatest disparity in IQ of the preferences from the studies I've seen.

I'd have to see the occurrences you're referring to. But most of what I see is harmless jesting.

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

Surely you don't expect to hear inconsistent complains on an MBTI forum.

Think about a rant about an ISFJ that's a total space cadet. First thing you'll do is question whether the person has been typed correctly.

As I said previously, we understand the world based on our learned framework of how stuff is suppose to work. Throw something contrary to it and our minds will try to redirect it to something that does fit the system. Or else we completely ignore it and it's not important.
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE

Of course they do..

WTF??? Please tell me I smell bullshit, or are you serious?

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

Haha this thread just keeps getting better.