User Tag List

First 2101112131422 Last

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Qre:us View Post
    Velco string-bikini, or, bra.
    Thank you for illustrating the potential dangers of converting to velcro!

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by ajblaise View Post
    The things they don't like about some sensor tendencies were in their head before they knew about MBTI. It just puts a label on it which allows for the murky thoughts to be organized.
    Only partly true! The things they don't like about other people acquire the sensor label, even if the person they dislike is not actually a sensor. They just 1) suck and 2) haven't been formally typed.. so they "must be" a sensor...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by simulatedworld View Post
    Rest assured that, however bad the anti-S bias is here, the anti-N (and especially anti-NP) bias in the real world is much, much worse. Cry me a fucking river.
    Wait, you need another one:

I think the having trouble with some people who were sensors could be the cause as everyone is saying. You find myers-briggs, type some people who you don't like and see a pattern. Obviously it tends to be the people who are different to you that you have more trouble understanding. Problem with the theory is some of my favourite people are sensors. One ISFP, one ISTP. Why would you dislike these types? or any type when the person was nice.

A pattern though is many sensors do get annoyed with my sensotardation and expect me to just not have it, whereas as an intuitive you realise more quickly that most people aren't going to pick needles out of haystacks.
    Freude, schöner Götterfunken Tochter aus Elysium, Wir betreten feuertrunken, Himmlische, dein Heiligtum! Deine Zauber binden wieder Was die Mode streng geteilt; Alle Menschen werden Brüder, Wo dein sanfter Flügel weilt.

MBTI
    INxJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

Victim complex, my ass. I'm not describing it as a good thing. Prejudice is shitty, but it's a fact of life, and iNtuitives do often band together for just the reasons I described. It's no coincidence that 90%+ of the close friends and romantic interests I've had throughout my life are N types. I'm sure it's worse for me than for others, being that I test 100% N, but the fact that you refuse to accept the reality of what I described is very telling of your own biases.

I've been trying to explain MBTI and some possible reasons for our disagreements to my ESFJ mother for years, and it's only slowly starting to sink in. (ESTJ older sister is even worse; if I ever try to use anything like MBTI to explain perceptual differences between us, she just openly mocks me. And no one that I know is worse about making patronizing lectures about how I need plans for my life. You'd think she's my damned mother.) Mom genuinely believes that things like occasionally forgetting to pick up a shirt off the floor are intentional attacks on her feelings, and that my MBTI explanations are pure bullshit. "Stop with the letters!" she says.

I can't say I'm surprised that you'd interpret it as some kind of fabricated excuse to shirk responsibilities. Rest assured that, however bad the anti-S bias is here, the anti-N (and especially anti-NP) bias in the real world is much, much worse. Cry me a fucking river.
    Newsflash for you:

Intuitives don't band together, because there's no such thing as an Intuitive. In your example, what happens is that a group of apparently misfit and "misunderstood" people group together and label themselves as Intuitive, and the "others" as Sensors, using "feel-good" 'reasoning' to justify the traumatic "Us vs. Them" attitude -- that's MBTI.

I'm very, very sure that you can't tell me that you wouldn't consider being a Sensor if only Sensors were described better in the literature than Intuitives. What happens to your beloved Intuition then? Don't come up with half-baked excuses about how you are 100% N and how others who have judged you or treated badly are S, that's just a simple distinction in your polarizing mind. You cry me a fucking river now, but you're pretty much a perfect embodiment of the judgmentalism described in the OP.

It's fabricated excuse to antagonize others, I'll tell you that. I can see you're bitter from the things you've lived through, but it doesn't justify what you're doing. Sorry.
    Not really.

MBTI
    INXP

Quote Originally Posted by Nadir View Post
    Newsflash for you:

Intuitives don't band together, because there's no such thing as an Intuitive. In your example, what happens is that a group of apparently misfit and "misunderstood" people group together and label themselves as Intuitive, and the "others" as Sensors, using "feel-good" 'reasoning' to justify the traumatic "Us vs. Them" attitude -- that's MBTI.

I'm very, very sure that you can't tell me that you wouldn't consider being a Sensor if only Sensors were described better in the literature than Intuitives. What happens to your beloved Intuition then? Don't come up with half-baked excuses about how you are 100% N and how others who have judged you or treated badly are S, that's just a simple distinction in your polarizing mind. You cry me a fucking river now, but you're pretty much a perfect embodiment of the judgmentalism described in the OP.

It's fabricated excuse to antagonize others, I'll tell you that. I can see you're bitter from the things you've lived through, but it doesn't justify what you're doing. Sorry.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    Booo

You think being an NP is hard? Try being an FP male, or an IT female, or an ESFJ in law school, or ad infintum!

Life is so hard.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Cimarron View Post
    Simulated World, we were also wondering how much of it (if any) was due to a misconception about what the Sensing function is.
    Not much. It's primarily bitterness from having to deal with the harsh realities of the Sensing world on a daily basis.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Nadir View Post
    Newsflash for you:

It's a shame this post is so dreadfully stupid, because the last one I read by you was really brilliant.

I don't actually think that S-type people are actively thinking to themselves, "Gosh, that guy is a strong N according to MBTI and therefore I dislike him!" It's astonishing that your reading comprehension could be poor enough for you to think I meant that. I just think it's an awfully big coincidence that (and I have gotten nearly all of my friends and family to take the MBTI at some point) such a high majority of the people I've been close to throughout life have all scored xNxx on the test.

I've been treated poorly by N people, too. And nicely by S ones. I do have one close friend who's very ESFP, and I'm thankful for him--but he's the exception, and most of our friendship consists of bonding over common interest in music--we still don't identify that deeply on a mental/perceptual basis. If I have to answer such insipid garbage as "OMG IF MBTI IS SO TRUE WHY ISN'T IT RIGHT IN 100% OF CASES????" one more time I think I'm going to stab someone.

I typed myself as ENTP because when I discovered MBTI I read several descriptions for each type and found that the ENTP one consistently described me very well, in many ways. I also score strongly N on every assessment I've taken. No, I would not type myself as a Sensor if the supposed type bias in the literature were more S-favorable. What a nonsensical implication. If you're "very very sure" about something that you so obviously can't know anything about (my personal feelings and motivations), maybe next time you should double check your own poorly functioning iNtuition before you mouth off a bunch of bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinlan View Post
    You think being an NP is hard? Try being an FP male, or an IT female, or an ESFJ in law school, or ad infintum!

Life is so hard.

Yeah, I feel especially bad for NT females. The world just doesn't seem to appreciate them. (But I do!) FP males (along with T females and F males in general) also have trouble, I'm sure, due to gender biases. I feel for you guys.
    If you could be anything you want, I bet you'd be disappointed--am I right?

MBTI
    ESFJ

Victim complex, my ass. I'm not describing it as a good thing. Prejudice is shitty, but it's a fact of life, and iNtuitives do often band together for just the reasons I described. It's no coincidence that 90%+ of the close friends and romantic interests I've had throughout my life are N types. I'm sure it's worse for me than for others, being that I test 100% N, but the fact that you refuse to accept the reality of what I described is very telling of your own biases.
    You make it sound as if it's OK, and it's not. It has nothing to do with bias; there are fair ways of dealing with people, and there are unfair ways of dealing with people, and the phenomenon you are describing is unfair and dehumanizing. You're perpetuating something that you decry, which is hypocritical.

I've been trying to explain MBTI and some possible reasons for our disagreements to my ESFJ mother for years, and it's only slowly starting to sink in. (ESTJ older sister is even worse; if I ever try to use anything like MBTI to explain perceptual differences between us, she just openly mocks me. And no one that I know is worse about making patronizing lectures about how I need plans for my life. You'd think she's my damned mother.) Mom genuinely believes that things like occasionally forgetting to pick up a shirt off the floor are intentional attacks on her feelings, and that my MBTI explanations are pure bullshit. "Stop with the letters!" she says. "Any normal person would do [x stereotypical SJ thing]!" And that's just the problem--since my mental processes are less common, people who don't experience them don't tend to believe I'm telling the truth about them. You can see why it's a nice escape to find a community populated mostly by other N types who understand exactly where I'm coming from here.
    The communication problem isn't solely on their end. Take some responsibility.

I can't say I'm surprised that you'd interpret it as some kind of fabricated excuse to shirk responsibilities. Rest assured that, however bad the anti-S bias is here, the anti-N (and especially anti-NP) bias in the real world is much, much worse. Cry me a fucking river.
    Only one of us is crying about the world's treatment, and it is not I. Don't project your own dissatisfaction onto others.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"