User Tag List

First 8910111220 Last

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

May I talk about my feeeeelings for a second? Thank you. (Ahem)

It's quite a strange bittersweet feeling to be an SJ on this forum. You can palpate the hate that's for sure and that makes me want to cry baby Jesus tears because I like many of the Ns. However, there's also something curiously interesting and fascinating about being labeled "normal" and being on a forum full of people who claim to be so "different". It's sort of like being in that movie "Shaun of the Dead", there's only a few of us SJs and the zombie Ns just want to eat us. It's great. I don't know about the rest of you but I run through the forum sections with a shovel in hand.

MBTI
    ESFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Hmm View Post

It's quite a strange bittersweet feeling to be an SJ on this forum. You can palpate the hate that's for sure and that makes me want to cry baby Jesus tears because I like many of them. However, there's also something curiously interesting and fascinating about being labeled "normal" and being on a forum full of people who claim to be so "different". It's sort of like being that movie "Shaun of the Dead", there's only a few of us SJs and the zombie Ns just want to eat us. I don't know about the rest of you but I run through the forum sections with a shovel in hand.

See, it doesn't bother me that much other than offending my inherent sense of treating people fairly and taking them on their individual merits. But, then again, my best-developed function is EGO.
    Who wants to try a bottle of merc's "Extroversion Olive Oil?"

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

It's quite a strange bittersweet feeling to be an SJ on this forum. You can palpate the hate that's for sure and that makes me want to cry baby Jesus tears because I like many of them. However, there's also something curiously interesting and fascinating about being labeled "normal" and being on a forum full of people who claim to be so "different". It's sort of like being in that movie "Shaun of the Dead", there's only a few of us SJs and the zombie Ns just want to eat us. I don't know about the rest of you but I run through the forum sections with a shovel in hand.
    I feel bad for being an N . I think people underestimate S's, because I know a bunch of S's that are a lot smarter, cooler, more talented, and better off than myself. I think people label S's, and stereotype them in false ways which is a shame, because I think N's can't progress and learn without S's. Afterall, S's aren't really that different than N's..N's just like to think they're the smarter and better off ones..which isn't always true! Keep fighting for S/N equality!
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

Habitual Fi LineStepper JocktheMotie's Avatar

I think it's the Sensors' fault we all haven't adopted Velcro as the primary method of fastening shoes to our feet. So what if it looks dumb. It's wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by Gauche View Post
    Once you become N, you understand...
    ????????

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by JocktheMotie View Post
    I think it's the Sensors' fault we all haven't adopted Velcro as the primary method of fastening shoes to our feet. So what if it looks dumb. It's wonderful.
    Shoe strings are sentimental in a way, but I think it's mostly because it's easier for velcro to come undone by accident. Just guessing.

MBTI
    INxJ
    Enneagram
    Socionics
    ILI

You don't have Intuitives thinking Sensors are inferior or vice versa.

You have traumatized people judging others.
    Not really.

Minister of Propagandhi ajblaise's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP

Kids seem to like velcro shoes just fine. Older people get embarrassed by the obnoxious sound they make. The wisdom of children.

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    Yup, he put it well.

What's interesting is that so far is that there is very little said anything about prejudice, most of it has focused on stereotypes.

On the other hand, I got a chance to run a little experiment when I changed from INTP to ISTP; a few others here are not what type they actually are/test as, and a few other things. I had a list from a couple of years back of things I wanted to try - people posting under different accounts, etc. In any case, there is a clear pattern of prejudice, meaning that people change their attitudes depending on the little characters you have next to the name. Regardless of behavior. Lots of forer too, but that's not news.

But this pattern isn't any different from any situation in which it can develop. Some say they aren't influenced, but are... some say they know they are, but it's ok because it's done to me (which is often questionable in the first place, or mis-attributed), and others rationalize it to avoid any internal disharmony.

Anyway, intelligence is the core identity for Ns. Since this is the primary axis that defines it, Ns look down on Ss. Typically the play down comes from those that aren't secure with who they are, giving rise to the need to feel superior... and that's the axis to do it with.

Thank you for this post. I like that you picked up on the difference that we haven't really been talking of prejudice but stereotypes - which is an emotional reaction to stereotypes. Which, as you say, we do see in terms of a person entering the forum with a certain label attached to them, and their treatment, thereafter.

However, I think it calls for scrutiny to look carefully at the stereotypes (it is a step that is needed for prejudice to occur, afterall), and try to see if we can deconstruct some of them. Hence, me asking about some of the misconceptions in terms of definitions attributed to sensing.

I don't know if intelligence is so much at the core of N, as it is, once again, erronous labeling of what constitues intelligence.
    Possibilities as thoughts = intelligence?
    Depth in detail of the concrete = intelligence?

Shoe strings are sentimental in a way, but I think it's mostly because it's easier for velcro to come undone by accident. Just guessing.
    Velco string-bikini, or, bra.

Btw, it's pretty hard to be mean to an avatar of Pebbles. Who has been mean to you? I'll kick their azz!