• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI and flirting style

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
YOU GOTTAH TAKE THIS PUSSY OUT TO DINNER BEFORE ITS EVEN TALKED ABOUT. IM A CLASSY HOE.

But the tits, no?

Oh and we're talking about it now, but I haven't taken you to dinner.

RobinSkye

What Is Life?
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You accused me for being a hoe! YOU DISGRACE MY HONOR *takes off glove and smacks you in the face with it. *

I CHALLENGE YOU!

I did no such thing o.o Fine, I accept your chal -- wait, why are you wearing gloves? It's the middle of Summer.

small.wonder

So she did.
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
E4s don't lie? Not even white lies? I didn't know.

It's a simple white lie.

Perhaps you would change the opener a bit to remove any lies from it.

Directly asking someone - especially a female - where they are headed or where their accent is from freaks them out like hell, believe me.

But with men, it might not, so I guess it might not scare them away.

Good luck.

4 = eternal quest for authenticity. Lying is not authentic, we usually get in trouble for the other end of that spectrum-- over sharing, being overly emotionally expressive and speaking our thoughts out loud.

Good thing I'm not trying to flirt with women then, as I don't believe commenting on a man's accent would freak them out. Thanks for your two cents anyway.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
No matter what the INTJs might tell you about me...I just want to say-- I do not flirt. ;) Also, don't believe the ISTJs in my life, either, nor the INFPs, nor the ESTPs...hmm...and for that matter, disregard what the ISTPs tell you, too. Truthfully, I just like to kid around but I don't see it as flirting and I don't mean it that way, either.

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
In my experience ESFPs shamelessly fish for compliments and flirt in such high form it's like they invented it. Maybe.

This has been my experience as well, unfortunately.

I on the other hand am virtually incapable of flirting. I overthink it wayyy too much. "How will I be perceived if I do this?" I can tease/poke fun at people pretty well. But, I do that to just about everyone, not just people I'm interested in. :doh:

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
No matter what the INTJs might tell you about me...I just want to say-- I do not flirt. ;) Also, don't believe the ISTJs in my life, either, nor the INFPs, nor the ESTPs...hmm...and for that matter, disregard what the ISTPs tell you, too. Truthfully, I just like to kid around but I don't see it as flirting and I don't mean it that way, either.
So, basically everyone else thinks you flirt, but you don't agree? Seems a bit suspicious.

If it looks like a duck and talks flirts like a duck . . .

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
I don't do the flirt.

I'm clueless to people's body language anyhow. But it's amazing how wrong people are about my own, asking me if I'm unhappy when I'm fine and never asking when it matters.

Unless they do know and its a case of avoiding the obvious for a chance to skip drama.

I'm a bit charmless though, offline I don't really like talking to people all that much even though my job requires it. I tend to approach from a position of defensiveness, almost unconsciously so.

Doesn't help that I don't click with anybody around here, (my town that is not the forum) at least so far. I don't seem to have the right kind of thinking to get along. Everything is just awkward.... all the time.

The social flow is like some kind of invisible force that I'm not attuned to. I do my own thing and it never fails to rub the socially conscious the wrong way.

á´…eparted

passages
I don't know how to flirt because of having close to zero experience with it.

Reason being, is I will only engage in it unless I am almost completely certain the other individual happens to be interested in me. I almost never get that certainty, so it doesn't happen.

á´…eparted

passages
So, basically everyone else thinks you flirt, but you don't agree? Seems a bit suspicious.

It happens. My mom is this way. She comes across like she's flirting with SO many people, all the time. It's just how she is. I've tried to explain it to her, and even pointed out the specefic behaviors that lended to it, and she "saw" it, but didn't "see" it, and regarded it as just how she is, and didn't want to change. I did tell her that she IS flirtatious based on how everyone sees her, even if she doesn't agree. However, flirting is often regarded as having intent behind it. Without that intent, I don't think it is fair to call it flirting, but instead flirtatious behavior.

Interestingly, [MENTION=16382]Ene[/MENTION] and my mom are the same type (INFJ 9w8), and having seen a video of Ene before on the first things I thought was "wow she is so much like my mom" with vibe and speaking, so it's not surprising to me at all and I can clearly see in my minds eye what it is. Ene is just friendly, and people with weak social detectors will assume it's flirting.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4

Yeah. However, I was just playing around. The truth is that irl I'm not really a flirt. I am actually pleasant and quietly, unexpectedly funny in person and that occasionally gets mistaken for flirting, but it's not. I'm just attempting to be hospitable, which I guess is such a rare thing that some people think you're flirting if you even speak to them, let alone smile at them.

Crabs

Permabanned
I'm not sure if it's type-related, but I stare intently at the object of my affection until she's overwhelmed with giddiness and runs away. Then I chase her, as if we are two children playing tag on the playground (this is especially effective if she's over the age of 30 because it makes her feel young and vivacious). If she hasn't detected my subtle flirtations by that point, I'll show up to her residence unexpectedly with a bouquet of flowers...which works like a charm because women love romance and surprises. If I play my cards right, I should be in her panties in no time. Unless she rejects me. Then I'll go home and masturbate; and send her a picture so she knows what she's missing.

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I ask them what their blood type is.

windoverlake

MBTI Type
INFJ
which type is more prone to go directly to the person he/she likes (based on physical attirance) and starts flirting on an obvious way (physical touch, smiling looking in the eyes), while there's nothing yet between the 2 of them, except getting to know each other in a social situation?

ESTP and ENTP are usually the most direct, and most at ease with showing their romantic/sexual interest. ENFP can be direct when it comes to the approach, but less so when it comes to the rest. There's something platonic about their ways, but it's not 100% platonic either. I think they just want to 'check things out' before proceeding further.

Mademoiselle

noʎ ɟo ǝʇnɔ ʍoH
MBTI Type
-NTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Flirting has a way with some people, and not many master it.
I never seemed to need it that's why I can't tell how good I am.
But just when I want something I either get it or earn it.
So even if I'm bad, I'll teach myself to nail it.

Sincerely, ENTJ