• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI and flirting style

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
oh a nice looking guy like you? sooo humble... how cute... :wubbie:

like that...haha ;)

Shadow

MBTI Type
INTJ
I'm going to post exactly what I posted in another topic, so I'm sorry if I seem to be veering off-topic at all here. The question was: "What do ISTJ girls think about flirtatious? What do they consider to be flirtatious?" etc.:

"When it comes to flirting I am lost... If I think I'm getting all the right signals out there it doesn't seem to change anything (I think my 'flirtatious' mode is equivalent to the extraverts' 'normal' mode, so it probably indicates nothing), but when I don't even intend to flirt my friends have told me I'm coming on too strong. I've been in situations where I've got really angry at guys who won't leave me alone when I'm evidently not interested and they keep on, claiming I'm playing hard to get. :doh:

As for guys flirting, ummm, again, I've thought guy friends have been flirting with me because we seem to bond really well, then they turn around and say "I really like [insert friend's name here], could you help me get with her?" I'm honourable, so I help them. Maybe it means I've also completely missed actual flirting cues from guys as well.

(What I consider to be signs of flirtatiousness)
Showing an interest in me, laughing at my 'jokes' (frequently unintentionally funny statements that I've made), trying to get physically close to me. Alternatively, I've had the old "Can I sleep with you/spend the night with you" line a couple of times, or they make really sexually overt statements. Do I seem easy?? :huh: "

Other ISTJ females seemed to particularly agree with my first paragraph. I couldn't explain why though.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
oh a nice looking guy like you? sooo humble... how cute... :wubbie:

like that...haha ;)

Haha, but without the :wubbie: smiley I would take that as someone just being nice (even with the smiley actually).

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Haha, but without the :wubbie: smiley I would take that as someone just being nice (even with the smiley actually).

well i guess it matters how it's said...just like anything...tone...body language all that stuff...

and i'm really not much of a flirt...but i know what it looks like...maybe my ne helps??

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
well i guess it matters how it's said...just like anything...tone...body language all that stuff...

and i'm really not much of a flirt...but i know what it looks like...maybe my ne helps??

Yes! Interpreting meaning between seemingly unrelated things, is a good flirt dectector I'd say. Whereas I might see the action/s clearly but what it means seems like anyone's guess (to me).

MrME

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I am the textbook definition of "oblivious." Oy, some of the opportunities I've missed ... :confused:

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Yes! Interpreting meaning between seemingly unrelated things, is a good flirt dectector I'd say. Whereas I might see the action/s clearly but what it means seems like anyone's guess (to me).

right...you're probably right...doesn't mean we always know but see it as a possibility maybe??

Moiety

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Meh, flirting is overrated. I just club them over the head with a club and drag them by the hair back to their cave.

Quinlan

Intriguing....
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
9w1
right...you're probably right...doesn't mean we always know but see it as a possibility maybe??

Yeah I think someone comfortable with Ne would be more comfortable in assigning meaning to that sort of stuff.

G

Glycerine

haha, I'm horrendous at flirting... people (especially EP types) will joke with me and I have to think about it for a moment before I realize it. :doh:

SillySapienne

`~~Philosoflying~~`
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4w5
hey me too...but i have to flirt a bit to get them to smell it....it's a combo deal actually.
Ay, there's the rub!!!

"Hey there, [insert name], want to see the new lingerie I bought?"

Note: I find that lacing lingerie with chloroform is the most effective way to lure your prey in, I used to lace wool scarves with the stuff, but the mens didn't seem to be as interested in 'em as much.

Lol, I'm one dark twisted puppy because I just imagined knocking a guy out with a black chloroform laced bra. :/

Kangirl

I'm a star.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I flirt with hot guys. Keeps me sharp. *snaps fingers Al-Pacino-in-Heat style* Flirting for me is dependent on who I'm flirting with. I try to get a read on them and the flirt with them based on that. I think I'm fairly good at it, actually.

*is modest* :D

The Outsider

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Don't rule out ESTPs. We're go getters! I don't believe in pickup lines, that is just way tacky and juvenile. If I have an interest in anyone for any reason I just go up and talk with them. If there was eye contact or something else in addition to my gut instincts/immediate desires even better. There's alot to flirting isn't there? I think the bulk of it is non-verbal. Once you get to talking you should know what direction things are going, at least I do. :yes:

A good friend of mine is ESTP and I'd say that he is indeed really good at this whole flirting thing.

V

violaine

which type is more prone to go directly to the person he/she likes (based on physical attirance) and starts flirting on an obvious way (physical touch, smiling looking in the eyes), while there's nothing yet between the 2 of them, except getting to know each other in a social situation?

I was sure this type of answer would get out but this person I think of, is an NT.... for sure... more critical than him doesn't exist.

I guess this could be any type if motivated enough... my INTP ex was quite upfront. But has noone mentioned the ENTPs yet? :shock: They seem like the super-flirts of the NT world!

jenocyde

half mystic, half skeksis
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
I flirt with everyone at every moment. I can't help it and I don't even realize I do it. From the postal carrier to the little old lady on the bus. People call it flirting, but I just don't know how else to talk to people.

V

violaine

^Lol, another ENTP said almost exactly the same thing to me not so long ago, it seems to be the ENTP way...