User Tag List

First 4567 Last

MBTI
    yupp

I like bars and cofee houses

90% of my conversations are in my head

I sometimes do that but I want to know other people's opinions

I could do that I try to do that but some how it comes across as crap and i change my mind every other day it seems like

I overthink this chicken out and don't reply.

right now I'm half asleep so my brain is not working at the moment.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    I think:

Humans are social beings. Although it's possible to score 100% I on a personality test, I would hypothesize that anyone who is TRULY 100% introverted is clinically crazy. (And that goes the same for 100% E)
    Jung said precisely so.
    Dost thou love Life? Then do not squander Time; for that's the Stuff Life is made of.

-- Benjamin Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack, June 1746 --

MBTI
    ENTJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    I might get tired physically, but mentally or emotionally I feel energized being in a crowd. My mind becomes more focused, and if I am in a heavy social situation for a long time it can be something of an adrenaline rush. It's kind of like exercise. Sure technically it tires you out, but at the same time it gets you going and makes you feel like you have more energy.
    Yes, I know this happens, but it's not permanent. People seem to talk in absolutes when it comes to this and I've never seen this as any sort of absolute.
    "We grow up thinking that beliefs are something to be proud of, but they're really nothing but opinions one refuses to reconsider. Beliefs are easy. The stronger your beliefs are, the less open you are to growth and wisdom, because "strength of belief" is only the intensity with which you resist questioning yourself. As soon as you are proud of a belief, as soon as you think it adds something to who you are, then you've made it a part of your ego."

For those who have no friends outside the internet, perhaps, you should organize a meetup that jives with your interests/likes. I 'm sure there will be kindred spirits locally.

Are you telling me you never met anyone you liked on the internet in person?

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    For those who have no friends outside the internet, perhaps, you should organize a meetup that jives with your interests/likes. I 'm sure there will be kindred spirits locally.

Are you telling me you never met anyone you liked on the internet in person?
    I've met at least 55 people I first met on the internet. It's actually pretty rare and over 30 of those were at a single event. In the last 7 years I have met, maybe, 15 people when it wasn't a big group thing (like Vegas or Boston), usually because one person I met lived near others they knew from the same area. I've drifted from most of these people, though. If I don't talk to them online, I don't end up talking to them on the phone or see them in person, that's just the way it works with me.
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwater View Post
    true I's need miniature pockets of I-time when confronted with difficult questions, even if they just came from solitude.
    Is that an ironclad rule? I have heard of this via temperament theory, and seen it (though not necessarily among those considered introverts). When asked a question, my first instinct is never -- never -- to ask for a moment to think, least of all temporize.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Liquid_Laser View Post
    Before I realized I was an extravert though I'd often like to go to hang out at public places by myself. I think it was nice just to be around people.
    I do that as well. The bustle of indoor malls, especially at times of moderately high traffic, is a favorite immersion.

Quote Originally Posted by Lateralus, heart View Post
    ...no one starts out exhausted, then feels refreshed after socializing.
    You need to meet my brother.
    When I was playing out five years ago, if I started a little cold I would inevitably be electric by set's end.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    Speaking just for myself, even if I am comfortable in the situation and enjoying myself very much, it still is draining.
    Yes. No matter how much fun it is at the time, I am mentally scheduling my Me Time for later. Even while enjoying the interaction I know that it's going to necessitate some alone time to 'recover'.

This signature left intentionally blank.

Really.

MBTI
    ENTJ

Example of repressed extroversion:

As a kid, I usually had to choose between following groups or being alone/with individual friends. Since following was draining, I usually chose the latter.

MBTI
    ENFJ

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    Good question. I don't have any ideas I would trust, having only Ni and Fe to go on, but here's one anyway:

I think that a repressed extravert would feel a sense of mild depression at being alone all the time, but feel powerless to change their situation, and grow accustomed to it. A true introvert would actually work to preserve their isolation.
    Hmmm that's interesting. I don't know about powerless to change it, perhaps not even sure if they want to. I do believe that a true introvert however would work to preserve it.

I consider myself a repressed E. How do I think they differ, well I am interested in the world beyond my interior..perhaps not as much as other extroverts but certainly more than introverts. I go beyond myself to not only share the me I'm constantly working on (if anyone wants some but also to discover things that I perhaps have only thought about or perhaps never even imagined.
    for my life is slowed up by thought and the need to understand what I am living.

MBTI
    XNTX

Quote Originally Posted by Mycroft View Post
    For the personality matrices buffs out there (and anyone else interested in speculating), something I've wondered about: how would you distinguish between an introvert and a repressed extravert?
    Some of the most funny people are introverts. Some extraverts have to be that way because they don't have the ability to have a meaningful conversation while staying in for the evening.

If I saw extroversion as the ideal "orientation" I'd gravitate towards it over time (I believe that conciously you can change yourself over about 5-10 years where eventually subconciously you become that way). I see constant extroversion as a waste of time... besides having to engage in mind numbing chit chat about average things.

Anyway, I'd say that you always oscillate around your mean level of introversion/extraversion... you'll find that swings are a rebounds from pushing yourself too far one way or the other.