User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    yupp

Quote Originally Posted by Uberfuhrer View Post
    It seems everyone here is an Extravert, then. Am I the only one who doesn't have friends (I mean, other than Internet)?
    I have no friends on the internet and maybe 3 other than the internet.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Though how do you draw the line between a few and many friends? (To some people, 1 friend can be many.)

And Wolf, I don't know the names of my neighbors, either. I live in an apartment in an area full of white trash. Yes, ironically, I hate them, too.

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

And Wolf, I don't know the names of my neighbors, either. I live in an apartment in an area full of white trash. Yes, ironically, I hate them, too.
    I live in a nice/quiet area, middle to upper-middle class, and I still don't know my neighbors. I don't hate them, it just doesn't interest me to meet them.
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

MBTI
    yupp

I have few and I'm pretty sure two of them probably aren't actually my friends just are entertained by me, which is why they invite me out.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I tend to make better friends with animals.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram

It seems everyone here is an Extravert, then. Am I the only one who doesn't have friends (I mean, other than Internet)?
    I have three good friends in town, and probably ten good friends scattered around the globe who started out as 3D friends. I kind of collected these over the years-- there have been times in my life when I had one good friend, or none. I've always had family that I like to be around (I like being with my brothers and sisters most of the time, and two of my cousins), but when I didn't have friends I was lonely in a general sense.

I'm still introverted because being in the physical presence of even my close friends and family members draws from my battery, and I eventually need to hide and recharge. My sister is the opposite-- being alone is sometimes nice at first for her, but after a few hours of it she's calling people and making plans.
    The one who buggers a fire burns his penis
    -anonymous graffiti in the basilica at Pompeii

MBTI
    yupp

me too but you can't exactly take your dog/cat out to the bar for drinks or to get coffee. or have a meaning philosophical conversation or make fun of people /joke about life.

I went out with family tonight and we didn't do anything really just went to dinner then went back to my cousin's house and I sat their and played with the dog. On the way to my aunt's house she called someone and I started feeling very sick and wanted out of that car and it's only female voices that do that to me my uncle made a car earlier and it was fine. but when I got inside I wanted nothing to do with either of them. so I still haven't figured out if I'm a repressed e or an i. I have a feeling this is something I'm going to have a hard time figuring out.

Enneagram
    1w2

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    Actually, no. I have no friends outside of the internet, although I have a few acquaintances from high school I worked on projects with, but didn't bother to keep up with because I was too different from them. I talk to family members occasionally, but they don't usually understand me either. I like getting sympathy and encouragement occasionally, though once I've gotten that I prefer to withdraw again.
    Hit and Run encouragement? Do you stick around long enough to reciprocate?
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    Hit and Run encouragement? Do you stick around long enough to reciprocate?
    Usually, no. If they approached me later, I would be more than glad to help them, they usually just don't want my help, or think I'm not capable of helping anyone.

Online, though, I might try to reciprocate. I don't really have the energy for real life social situations. I can be cordial enough to deal with people in a positive manner, but it takes a lot out of me.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    me too but you can't exactly take your dog/cat out to the bar for drinks or to get coffee. or have a meaning philosophical conversation or make fun of people /joke about life.
    Well, I don't like going to bars or coffee shops, period.

And who says conversations have to be verbal?

I can have a philosophical conversation with myself and pretend my dog is answering back to me. Or I ask myself questions and then I answer them.

I can also write a book (or blog) about my philosophical beliefs. That way, I don't have to necessarily hear the opinions of other people!

I can just read responses and then lie down and reflect on the perfect comeback!