User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp

Default S and N in real life

On this forum there is a lot of topics about about S/N but there is no that much talking about what that really means. What could be a problem for our local sensors.

So far it appears that I am strong N and I am technically blind and deaf because of this. I have to focus extra energy to be able to fully experiance world around me. For example I can see what is infront of me since my sences are working but do not notice what is infront of me.
    But once I focus I can see the world normaly.

But what that means ?

It means that I can wear one black sock and one orange sock while I am not bothered by this.
    Or I will try to buy newpapers in bakery. (which is not selling newspapers)
    Personally I never trained any sport, if that means something here.
    Plus plenty of similar things.

Also I have noticed one thing that Ns in general have bigger chances not to be bothered with things while waiting or planning. Which is probably because Ns can see the outcome more cleary. Plus even if things turn out differently Ns have something to calm them. While sensors can panic in the same situation. But F/T plays a part here as well.

How does your S/N show itself in your working environmet?
    (try to avoid rants while answering this one)

Personally I don't know how to experiance world differently since I never was someone else.

This should be enough to start the conversation.

garbage

I see a problem, and the solution just clicks in my mind. It's as though I've mentally threaded a needle through a bunch of different disconnected resources, and all that's left is to physically thread that needle (i.e. implement that solution). I kind of feel like Macgyver when it happens
    Last edited by garbage; 03-06-2009 at 01:53 AM.

MBTI
    ?

Intuition abstractly shows the way forward, helping to understand how should proceed for the future. My sensing can be pretty bad, sometimes though, keep misplacing stuff and become confused. In sports, I'm ok, hopefully it will help with that.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Siegfried View Post
    Intuition abstractly shows the way forward, helping to understand how should proceed for the future. My sensing can be pretty bad, sometimes though, keep misplacing stuff and become confused. In sports, I'm ok, hopefully it will help with that.

I don't get confused, but the thing is that I don't pay any attention to my environment in many cases.

MBTI
    iSFj
    Enneagram
    2 sx/so

I have wondered what N looks like in real life too. You know like specific examples. I'm never really sure if or when I'm seeing it or not, and these general explanations of it just fly over my head.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Hmm View Post
    I have wondered what N looks like in real life too. You know like specific examples. I'm never really sure if or when I'm seeing it or not, and these general explanations of it just fly over my head.

The problem with intuition is that is not observale and what we have in our heads is often very hard to put into words. Usually the most observable thing is that that we are not focused on what is going around us.

I am open for questions if you have any.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5/8
    Socionics
    ENTp None

In my experience, N tends to manifest best when establishing unusual connections between unrelated values.

The cat smells green.

Initially, the statement doesn't make sense as a cat cannot inherently smell "green". When you dig a little deeper into the complexity of what "green" could entail, the N dynamic becomes easier to visualize.

Green:

Envy?
    Broccoli?
    Money?
    St. Patrick's Day?

"Green" transforms from a statement that seeks to identify color into a generalized terminology that could theoretically encapsulate whatever imaginative pulp one could logically tether to "green".

Eventually, observation becomes less about ascertaining absolutes and more about exploring possibility. (Maybe that's the NP v. NJ divide as well...).

Hope this helps.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post
    In my experience, N tends to manifest best when establishing unusual connections between unrelated values.

The cat smells green.

Initially, the statement doesn't make sense as a cat cannot inherently smell "green". When you dig a little deeper into the complexity of what "green" could entail, the N dynamic becomes easier to visualize.

Green:

Envy?
    Broccoli?
    Money?
    St. Patrick's Day?

"Green" transforms from a value statement that seeks to identify color into a generalized terminology that could theoretically encapsulate whatever imaginative pulp one could logically tether to "green".

Eventually, observation becomes less about ascertaining absolutes and more about exploring possibility. (Maybe that's the NP v. NJ divide as well...).

Hope this helps.
    For some reason I think that this did not help her too much. As far as I know she is already confused about the whole N thing.

ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj

You know... I was taking the bus today to campus... the same thing I do every day. Today, it just so happened that the bus wasn't jammed pack (which it usually is in the mornings). I took a seat near the front of the bus, one of those sideway seats... and the seat directly facing me was empty. The blue plastic/rubber? covering of the seat had a funny looking shaped crack in it.

It looked like the outline of a hand... well if you take your index, medium finger and your thumb and you extend them... palm facing yourself... that's what the crack looked like. Then I was looking at my hand and trying to duplicate the position... then it dawn on me why it looked a little off... because in the shape you can see the ring finger and pinky curled up. So there's no way that can be right hand... It works if it's left hand though... if you twist your thumb around.

Then I start thinking about what other things the crack looks like... I ended up with a face... some animal I've forgotten about... then the head of a dinosaur... Makes me wonder if I'm on crack or something... seeing things. Except I never take drugs...

How's that for a description? Not sure if it's Ni or Ne though... I think it's both... but mostly Ni.
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca

MBTI
    XXFP

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    On this forum there is a lot of topics about about S/N but there is no that much talking about what that really means. What could be a problem for our local sensors.

So far it appears that I am strong N and I am technically blind and deaf because of this. I have to focus extra energy to be able to fully experiance world around me. For example I can see what is infront of me since my sences are working but do not notice what is infront of me.
    But once I focus I can see the world normaly.
    Hi, I'm one of the local sensors. Yes, this does confuse me. I've been involved in a similar line of questioning elsewhere on the forum ("Not living in the here and now") but I still don't get it.

Focus extra energy on what? If you stop applying energy, then what happens? Is there a default mode? What is it?

Sounds really spaced out.

Quote Originally Posted by Night View Post

The cat smells green.

Green:

Envy?
    Broccoli?
    Money?
    St. Patrick's Day?

"Green" transforms from a statement that seeks to identify color into a generalized terminology that could theoretically encapsulate whatever imaginative pulp one could logically tether to "green".

Hope this helps.
    This makes sense.

I'm of the opinion that if you are an "N", that means you have a preference for, in your words, "establishing unusual connections between unrelated values." You probably have a preference for this because you are good at it or have had lots of practice (or both).

What's your methodology for relating unusual connections? You might not be aware of exactly how this works, but like all complex skills, it has components.

Smell can have color; see: synesthesia
    Don't know how much it'll bend til it breaks.