User Tag List

First 45678 Last

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

^ That totally makes sense. I suppose I just wanted to make a small point because sometimes people think SPs are the only ones who have an "eye". Of course, NFs have a 3rd eye

Few questions for S people.

How do you deal with idea that everything you see, hear, taste ............ is nothing more then a picture created by your brain?

Do you ever think about this?
    Do you tend to ignore the idea, even if you accept it as the truth?
    Does this concept scares you ?

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post

How do you deal with idea that everything you see, hear, taste ............ is nothing more then a picture created by your brain?
    No.
    I could care less.
    Does this concept scare you?
    No.

No. I accept it as the truth, because my perceptions have been consistent throughout my life, and they will remain consistent throughout the rest of it.

What's the point in thinking about it like that, much less worrying about it? What does it change?

If I ever saw a banana transform into monkey, and I wasn't high off my ass, then I might have reason to be concerned.

Does that concept scare you? What else do you think about when you think about it?

I want to explain something a little deeper. Describing a sensation as simply a "picture" seems incredibly insufficient. A sensation, to me, is an experience of life in itself - it just doesn't get any more real than this. I don't even know if the language exists to sufficiently describe what I feel when I am experiencing sensation. My mind stores "pictures" to remember these experiences, but these pictures are never as real as they are when I am immersed in the experience.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    ^ That totally makes sense. I suppose I just wanted to make a small point because sometimes people think SPs are the only ones who have an "eye". Of course, NFs have a 3rd eye
    It was an excellent point you made. Everyone has the capability to see what we see. It's very interesting to realize it's not so automatic or machine-like for everyone.

It's very overwhelming at times. It makes it nearly impossible for me to think in terms of past or future, simply because there is so much information coming in about the present.

If I want to think about past or future, and relate them to what I'm presently seeing, I have to consciously "stop" seeing, and dedicate CPU resources to do that. The best way for me to do this is in a very "plain" environment with little to no sensory stimuli, otherwise I get distracted and break my train of thought. Small white room with padded walls, anyone?

Please correct me if my perception is wrong, but it seems that intuition can sense something, and the mind automatically starts relating it or thinking about other things, either past or future, usually having little to do with what was actually sensed in the present situation.

Intuition intrigues me. Could someone give an example of how it works as a real-time process?

insert random title here Randomnity's Avatar
    MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

I thought about it a few times when I was a child (related to thoughts about religion). It was a pretty cool idea. I bored of it quickly though (just like wondering about god), because ultimately there isn't any point to it - you can only live your life based on what you perceive to be the truth.

I don't think of it now for that reason, and therefore it doesn't scare me, just like I don't worry about the sun randomly exploding or an asteroid hitting us. Pointless.
    -end of thread-

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by phoenity View Post
    Please correct me if my perception is wrong, but it seems that intuition can sense something, and the mind automatically starts relating it or thinking about other things, either past or future, usually having little to do with what was actually sensed in the present situation.

Intuition intrigues me. Could someone give an example of how it works as a real-time process?
    Yes, we tend to relate things to seemingly unrelated things. Then we're off in another world for a bit after a thought has been triggered.
    The real time process...usually that's right about the time we smack into a pole .

I have trouble "living in the moment" and envy that of others. Being in the moment feels very surreal to me, and I often feel detached rather than engaged. I get this floaty, almost numb feeling, or I feel very stiff and inhibited.
    When I do feel engaged, it's because I get pictures in my head of other things, or recall song lines, or funny stories people have told me. So yeah, I guess I experience the moment by relating it to other things. It's not linear of course, things just pop up. As an intuitive, I'm not really concerned with where it comes from, because it just "feels" right.

Here are two of my old posts about Ni.

Now one question for Ni users.

Is Ni in way preventing you form creating a clear personality traits and opinions?(at least from perspective of others)

It happened to me that someone said "that there are only 2 options" but when I take a look there are already couple more options, which then start to multiply and few seconds after the entire thing comes in contact with my scientific knowledge which is interested in cosmic scales when it comes to space and billions of years when it comes to time. (I am professionaly into geology and amateur when it comes to astronomy)

So the number of options goes of the scale and everything becomes so complex that it is impossible to verbalize it. But you can understand it without too much problem.
    Because of that I must ignore the big picture and scientific knowledge if I want to make some decision about normal everyday things.

But because of this I am very reserved in life since I look at everything in way that is too complex and I have to ignore large parts of myself to be able to function in everyday tasks.

The thing is that I don't make difference between : economy, science, politics, health, my future job, philosophy and everyday activities.
    For me all of this is one and there are no borders between them. (at least for me)

Because of this my line of thought is pretty much impossble to follow if I don't do something about it.
    So when someone asks "What are your interests?" I am not sure what to say to them to tell them the real truth. That is why I said clear personality traits, since you can't verbalize your actual self. What means that it can be quire hard to show yourself as a person in mental sense.

It took 90 minutes to type this post, because I wanted to make sure that my words actually describe something.
    But during that time I actually started to understand how problematic this actaully is.
    I could say more but that would make entire thing much less understandable so I will stop here.

Question for people with strong Ni.

Did you ever come to realiztion that Ni is preventing you from forming a clear personaity?

Which is because you can see so many facts and outcomes at once that you can't treat things and events as something that is close to your heart.

For me it can happens that I function best if I have alone time between doing different things. Which is because when I am doing something my mind is litteraly fooded with data and it is set in a way that I will be able to process those things. But when I continue with something that is quite different I must transform the way how my entire mind functions. If we are talking about things that are quite simple and earthy then there is no problem but if only one activity is not I will do my job much better if I have time for transformation.

I don't know how many times it happened to me that people were sure that I like something but I didn't. I don't know what to say to them because back then I worked in a different mind set then now. One thing is lying but I actually trully think what I say and I stand behind it. But wait for sometime and I will not be exactly as I was.

To confuse people even more I am the one that is always pushing for more organization and logic. So this look like I am playing games with them.

The thing is that I am aways aware of very large amount of data when I do something and I have that much data for another activity. So it takes time to replace data that I needed with new data for new activity. And when I am am aware of specific data it defines my personality. So as I am changing the data I am aware in my mind I am also changing myself as a person.(to some degree)

Many times I see different outcomes and for each I have different logic which I will use if it happens that it comes to that scenario. Also I can claim that something is bad and then something happens and I change my entire logic/goal. But that means that the thing that was bad in now good. Which is something that most people have problem understanding.

So I can never say "This is me!" and be fully correct.

If someone thinks WTF after this post, they are free to say why they think that.

But this is not the entire thing.

MBTI
    LoLz

I was actually just thinking about that in one of my classes 2 days ago. You don't know what's really happening in the outside world. For all you know, it could be something completely different than what you've "experienced." Everything you see is just an image created by your eyes. A smell is just a reaction to an external stimulus. The physical boundaries on your movement that "confirm" to you what you see could just be your mind placing fake sensations in your nerves to make you think something is in your way. Your thoughts in reaction to the physical boundaries could just be your mind placing boundaries on your thoughts.

I thought about similar things a lot when I was younger. When I was in elementary school, I scared myself often with what I thought about. I had this extreme consciousness of myself. I was in such control of my own mind and body that I could experience so much. Why was I in control of this body? Why this mind? Why not someone else? Do other people have as much control as I do? Should I trust those other people? I thought it was quite depressing when I realized I was only able to experience life with my own mind and body, and not through someone else's also. I just wanted confirmation that I wasn't being toyed with by like some higher being for having such extreme consciousness in this body. I wanted to know how it affected other people.

Are those normal thoughts for an S child or did it help a lot that I was introverted? lol

Question for S people.

Something happens and things go wrong and then a person who is N gives you a detailed explanation what happened. But for the most part that does not make sense or you can't relate that to what just happened.

What S people do/think in cases when this happens?