User Tag List

First 34567 Last

MBTI
    LoLz

Quote Originally Posted by Antisocial one View Post
    I see that you did not get it. I am not talking about long periods I talk about period of few days or just about few hours. I am talking about changing yourself so fast that people can't keep track of it or having a paralel value system that are developed with plans.

On the other hand maybe you can't relate since you are not T.
    Some time ago I come a across the article that says that this is a caracteristic of expressed INTJs (which is my case).
    What makes sense.

First I makes you unsocial so you are "free" and people don't affect you that much. Which means you are free to plan your life as you like.

Strong N gives you the ability to see the future to some degree what is very good for planning. Plus you are not in contact with reality.

Strong T makes you impersonal and calm and in conection with the first two stops the creation to of big and solid value system.

While J pushes everything forward and makes sure you are not too passive.

I think that is the main reason why INTJs are probably the most likely type to be accused that they don't have a soul.
    Exactly. That's why INTJs are considered the most independent thinkers. They're the most unaffected by the world around them. I admire INTJs for that reason. Even as an ISTJ, I can shut out the world at times, but the S grounds me in reality and makes me have instinctual reactions to what my senses tell me.

Like, for instance, I work with an INTJ girl. I was talking to her when we were clocking out about the weather outside. I was just joking saying it was snowing even though it stopped a few days ago. She said, "But, what about the snow in your head?" I just laughed because I'm used to her making those kinds of off the wall comments. Afterward, she went on to make this long interpretation of the snow in your head thing which I missed. She goes off making conversation about things that are REMOTELY related to what we're actually talking about and I bet she loves that she can lose me in an instant when she jumps to different points in topics.

Quote Originally Posted by raz View Post
    Exactly. That's why INTJs are considered the most independent thinkers. They're the most unaffected by the world around them.
    So I guess ESFPs would be the one's most affected by the world around them. That makes them great people people but I guess they are also really dependent on what others think of them.

As an INFJ I am very opinionated and independent on the inside but my F keeps me from being too vocal or confrontational about my views, I just don't like to hurt or offend people.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by greed View Post
    Here's some more stuff I've written on the subject

"I always think very, very abstractly. I've got a horrible memory, I'm scatterbrained and don't think sequentially, and I lack attention to detail. It also means that I have a pretty good ability to forecast, pick up on patterns and hidden meanings, do many new things as if I've done them before, and suddenly realize solutions to problems without even thinking them through first.

I realize my life goals and learn new things very, very quickly. I feel like I'm on autopilot most of the time, as if the present moment is just the background to my thoughts."
    me too! and now i know why...i remember trying to explain it to my mother and saying that i felt so disconnected from my body...like it was floating around doing things and i was somewhere else...and she said i can tell...haha
    There can’t be any large-scale revolution until there’s a personal revolution, on an individual level. It’s got to happen inside first.
    -Jim Morrison

MBTI
    nnja
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    EII

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    Sensors accuse of Intuitives for being on drugs when they're just being themselves.
    Lol I get that a lot...
    "Don�t ask what the world needs. Ask what makes you come alive, and go do it. Because what the world needs is people who have come alive." - Howard Thurman

[SIGPIC]http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l110/evillinclinations/fortune45.gif[/SIGPIC]

...and yes, I'm still on about that...

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    135 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by raz View Post
    Exactly. That's why INTJs are considered the most independent thinkers. They're the most unaffected by the world around them. I admire INTJs for that reason. Even as an ISTJ, I can shut out the world at times, but the S grounds me in reality and makes me have instinctual reactions to what my senses tell me.

It makes sense.
    Yes, that makes you very independent but being a INT means you are retard on 3 different ways.

I can turn your post around.
    You know how is it like to be IT. Now imagine that you are not even in contact with reality. That is good on many ways but with this combination you can be a way too detached form pretty much everything.

I was able to see an example of a friend, whom I've always known thought slightly different than me, but I had never paid attention to those differences. So last night, I paid attention to his thinking. Things he talks about, things he notices, and how they are different than mine.

I realized he is an INTP.

Basically, what led me to realize his intuition was his lack of natural sensing of things that are in his environment. We were hanging out on the deck of his apartment, and my ESFP friend brought up the hotel building that is adjacent to his building. Then we noticed the people that were coming in and out of it, and the noise they were making, talking on their phones, or to each other.

What he said sounded very strange to me: "You know, I don't even notice that building or those people are there." Personally, I can't help but to notice it's there, simply because it's in my line of sight, and those people making noise brought my attention to them"

I was quite intrigued. "What do you mean you don't even notice it's there? Personally, I can't help but to notice it's there, simply because it's in my line of sight, and those people making noise brought my attention to them"

He explained, "Well, hmm, it's like I'll notice if I make an effort to notice it, but I have to make an effort to look at it, think and process about what it actually is. I have to redo this everytime I want to realize that it's a Marriot hotel building. If I don't have a need to realize it's a Marriot hotel, I just don't think about it, and I sort of just goes out of my mind"

Later, we walked back into his apartment and into the kitchen for some more beers. He went to use the sink, and noticed that his girlfriend had placed her aloe plant in the sink.

INTP: "What's wrong with this plant??"
    GF: "Huh? Oh I just put it in there to water it..."
    INTP: "Oh, ok..."

Since I had been observing his behavior and thinking looking to understand him, I immediately noticed this since, were I in that situation, I would not have questioned why the plant was in the sink, because without even realizing I had noticed it, I knew that I noticed the plant, and I also noticed that it was a healthy, green plant, and that the dirt was rich and dark and moist, obviously having been freshly watered. I wouldn't even have questioned its presence there, unless my mind had noticed that something looked wrong with it.

So this intrigued me even more. How could it be that we are so different? What did he notice that I didn't for him to think there was something wrong with it? So I asked, "What exactly looks like is wrong with it?" I guess that forced him to take a real look at the plant, from his unnatural sensing perspective, "Hmm, well I don't really see anything physically wrong with it. I guess it's just that, well, it's not usually in the sink, so I thought there was something wrong with it for it to be in there!"

I made a laughing joke about him assuming there was something wrong with it just because it was in the sink. We all enjoyed it.

So, I observed his behavior and noticed that he didn't have a natural sensing preference for noticing things in his environment. But when I think about it, it still doesn't give me any idea of what he does actually think about.

As a sensor, I think it might be impossible to fully understand. Unless I was able to get inside their brain and look through their eyes, and "see" the thought processes as they were going on.

I think I will have to hang out with him more and do some more observation.

veteran attention whore Jeffster's Avatar
    MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by phoenity View Post
    He explained, "Well, hmm, it's like I'll notice if I make an effort to notice it...
    OMG MY INTP BROTHER SAYS "WELL, HMM"!!

Sorry, man. Good post.
    Jeffster Illustrates the Artisan Temperament <---- click here

"I like the sigs with quotes in them from other forum members." -- Oberon

The SP Spazz Youtube Channel

Quote Originally Posted by Jeffster View Post
    OMG MY INTP BROTHER SAYS "WELL, HMM"!!

Sorry, man. Good post.
    I don't remember if he said those exact words. I was just including that in my story to emphasize the fact that he really had to think about it, and that I noticed it wasn't natural for him to do so.

Thanks

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx
    Socionics
    IEI Ni

As an INFP, I definitely can walk around in a cloud and be oblivious to things/people, but other times I can be very attuned to my environment. I certainly enjoy my senses and am very sensitive to subtleties in color, sound, and taste. Like, one time my mom used a cheddar cheese from a different state and I knew immediately just by tasting it. I can also tell when a print job comes back and there is just ever so slightly too much cyan or magenta used.
    I always notice when someone has a new haircut, a new outfit, has tried a new lipstick color, etc. For being so lost in a daydream, I still notice and appreciate little details. I definitely don't feel blind or deaf (mute, maybe, haha).

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAppled View Post
    Like, one time my mom used a cheddar cheese from a different state and I knew immediately just by tasting it. I can also tell when a print job comes back and there is just ever so slightly too much cyan or magenta used.

I always notice when someone has a new haircut, a new outfit, has tried a new lipstick color, etc. For being so lost in a daydream, I still notice and appreciate little details. I definitely don't feel blind or deaf (mute, maybe, haha).
    Sounds like Si to me. You notice these things because you put an effort into noticing them. It's also your tertiary function.

The difference between you and I would be that, whereas you notice specific things that have personal meaning to you, I "see" and process EVERYTHING via thinking that my senses take in. I do this in such a concrete, automatic, way of taking in information, that I don't process these things via intuition unless there is something I'm trying to figure out about things that are related, or I need a deeper understanding of.

There is just WAY too much sensory information coming in and thinking going on about what I'm seeing in real time, much like a video camera recording, to start floating off thinking about things completely unrelated. Not that they would be "unrelated" to intuitive types, but it's just the way I see it.

The way I would describe it that you may understand is how a dog's mind works processing incoming sensory information. You know how there's nothing a dog doesn't hear, see or smell?

A dog senses something, so his natural instinct is to further investigate his environment.