• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Why isn't Intuition more widely known?

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Why this isn't talked about or implemented more often, simple, sensory processing is the accepted standard. You'll find the more successful companies and people use intuition because of their ability to cut the mustard, read between the lines, have insight into others and have analytical and pattern making skills to create successes and avoid disasters.

Its more a case of using either sensory and or intuitive intelligence as the way to processing information. Since Sensory is conscience and Intuitive is subconscious, it stands to reason that sensory characteristics tends to be accepted because of its surface, linear detailed straight forward logic, it can be measured where as intuition is like the ocean or the underground, the patterns that make the surface and to measure something like that is more complicated and put on the back burner or ignored.

Although as children intuitive learning was the primary focus but decreased as life conditions demands of us to learn and use a more methodical critical and logical thinking style as opposed to pattern seeking, complex solving, insight driven, emotionally focused intuition based upon feelings created from the brain that can distinguish information based upon experience and behaviour of others and make connections where the sequence is seen as a less logical approach.

Sort of.

Costrin

rawr
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
5w4
Why this isn't talked about or implemented more often, simple, sensory processing is the accepted standard. You'll find the more successful companies and people use intuition because of their ability to cut the mustard, read between the lines, have insight into others and have analytical and pattern making skills to create successes and avoid disasters.

Its more a case of using either sensory and or intuitive intelligence as the way to processing information. Since Sensory is conscience and Intuitive is subconscious, it stands to reason that sensory characteristics tends to be accepted because of its surface, linear detailed straight forward logic, it can be measured where as intuition is like the ocean or the underground, the patterns that make the surface and to measure something like that is more complicated and put on the back burner or ignored.

Although as children intuitive learning was the primary focus but decreased as life conditions demands of us to learn and use a more methodical critical and logical thinking style as opposed to pattern seeking, complex solving, insight driven, emotionally focused intuition based upon feelings created from the brain that can distinguish information based upon experience and behaviour of others and make connections where the sequence is seen as a less logical approach.

Sort of.

The NT in me objects to the bolded part.

Winds of Thor

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
If 1 in 4 people are Intuitives as some people here claim, why isn't intuition discussed more often? Before finding out about MBTI the only reference I really heard about intuition was in regards to "woman's intuition". I think it would come as a huge surprise to a lot of people that "intuition" is such an important part of so many people.

Is sensing so dominant that people are afraid to discuss their intuition?

Maybe I'm making no sense but I'll post anyway. :D

Nope...It's just you're on a thread where most are intuitive..no need to discuss from that standpoint:) But if you have a question I'll give you an answer.

Synapse

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
The NT in me objects to the bolded part.

Whoops my preferences NF and omited the NT side of it.

feeling and thinking focused intuition based upon emotions and thoughts created from the brain that can distinguish information based upon experience and behaviour of others and make connections where the sequence is seen as a less logical approach.

Still seems slightly off.

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
I wouldn't say it isn't widely known- everyone possesses some intuition here and there.
However, most people don't feel comfortable dealing with the abstract.
I know that's at least why so many people are impressed that I'm taking on a Math major.
On the other hand, I know of Sensors who are extremely competent at abstract math and Intuitives who aren't competent in that field at all!!
However, the Sensors are more likely to focus on finance and the more applied side of mathematicds while the Intuitives are more likely to enjoy the theoretical side.
I think we all possess some Intuitive traits as we do Sensing traits.

deleted
Ha, when you said going from A to C without going to B, my initial thought was conditioning.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
If 1 in 4 people are Intuitives as some people here claim, why isn't intuition discussed more often? Before finding out about MBTI the only reference I really heard about intuition was in regards to "woman's intuition". I think it would come as a huge surprise to a lot of people that "intuition" is such an important part of so many people.

Is sensing so dominant that people are afraid to discuss their intuition?

Maybe I'm making no sense but I'll post anyway. :D
My intuition gets made fun of all the time by my husband and children, i.e. ISTP, ISTJ and ISTP. My ENFJ son, of course, does not make fun since he uses it.

But apparently, my thinking is too "random" for them to comprehend or accept as valid.
I don't think it's easy to explain intuition to sensors.
And until MBTI came along, I thought there was something wrong with me.

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Actually, when you begin to look for it you find references to it everywhere, from publications like "New Scientist", to popular TV shows, especially the large number of forensic/legal shows on at present. I was watching "Relocation, Relocation" (a show about buying property) just a few days ago and one of the presenters talked about her intuition about the behaviour of some prospective purchasers, which turned out to be 100% accurate.

They don't always use the term "intuition". Synonyms include "hunch", "instinct" or "gut feeling", but they usually mean the same thing: a personal conviction that something is missing, incorrect or misleading in the data being presented as "facts".
I like that.