• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

MBTI and looking happy

Mitzy

brat
MBTI Type
ENTP
i dont know...i have a very expressive face. you can tell how im feeling just by looking at me. seeing as im "fickle" and i also adapt to wherever i am or who im talking to, my facial expressions are always changing every 5 mins.
but i hate those people who are just so effortlessly HAPPY ALL THE TIME and glow and glee like theres no tomorrow. like what the hell is wrong with them. it angers me to see such happy bubbly people :|

Valiant

Courage is immortality
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
eNtj

When thinking = I look like I am going to kill someone.

angry_baby.jpg

When just interacting = Generally smiling. People are so much more inclined to like someone who is smiling roguishly, treating them in an oddly polite but mischievous manner. It also helps making jokes about how insane it would be to gangbang Spongebob Squarepants, due to the insane amount of "cavities". :)

picture.php

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
dude!
that toddler looks JUST like you !

Apollanaut

Senior Mugwump
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Judy came up and asked what I was doing.
(reading?)
then she went into this big rant.. "WHY ARE YOU READING? WHAT'S WRONG ARE YOU SAD? WHY DON'T YOU SMILE? YOU'RE SO PRETTY YOU NEED TO SMIIIILE!! WHY ARE YOU READING? IT'S SUCH A NICE DAY, DON'T BE SO DOWN!"

Hilarious! If that happened to me I'd be wanting to reply with something like this:

"WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING? WHAT'S WRONG ARE YOU MAD? WHY DON'T YOU SHUT UP? YOU'RE SO HYPER YOU NEED TO CAALLM DOOWWN!! WHY ARE YOU STILL HERE? IT'S SUCH A NICE DAY, DON'T BE SO MANIC!"

But I'd probably just smile and say "I'm fine thank you. This is me having fun."

CrystalViolet

lab rat extraordinaire
MBTI Type
XNFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
When I was in high school, I earned the nick name sad clown....because I have happy looking face, but when on default, I look sad.
I still get random strangers come up to me and say "smile, life's not that bad!"
Also when talking to people I'm really animated ...so I guess, me looking sad can be a surprize. Close friends tell me I never truly look happy doing anything, except when doing art, writing, and when I did it, acting.

Just another ISTJ

MBTI Type
IsTj
Enneagram
1w9
I suspect that I intimidate people with my default serious looking face. Canvassers and beggars never stop me while walking down the street.

wildcat

MBTI Type
INTP
I was going to make a poll about this but couldn't see see the icon for setting up a poll so... What I want to know is -- who the heck are these people who look so darn happy and radiate positivity all the time? Most people seem to be neutral or sometimes look a bit happy or sad, others have a happy default and others just look negative. I'd think that extroverted feelers look the happiest. I'm very jealous of these types because I think it's a huge asset to have this positive glow. Unfortunately I do not. I've been told that I look kind of bitchy and that I'm friendlier than I look.

What type are you and what kind of face to you present to the world?
Face is the only thing that is not about type.
It is about education and intelligence.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Face is the only thing that is not about type.
It is about education and intelligence.

i disagree...i think your personality is expressed on your face which has a lot to do with type. i don't think actual physical characteristics have much to do with type...but the personality it expresses does.

wolfy

awsm
It's interesting then how our faces change over the course of a relationship. We begin to look like each other.
If our physiology has an effect on our feelings as I'm pretty sure it does then our partners effect on our physiology would affect our temperament.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
it is interesting...i think it's the personality expressed that changes...not the actual shape of your features...unless that does actually happen and i have no idea.

wolfy

awsm
it is interesting...i think it's the personality expressed that changes...not the actual shape of your features...unless that does actually happen and i have no idea.

Features change. Because we tend to mimic people in our immediate environment. So over time features will converge.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
wow really? well that IS bizarre isn't it?

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Features change. Because we tend to mimic people in our immediate environment. So over time features will converge.

What if its that both end up in the same state of hapiness/sadness. The main features will be going in the same direction and the over all look will be similiar. You really have to catch someone when they are in there head though to see the true state of how they feel.

nanook

a scream in a vortex
how many users will it take, to sort this topic out? :D

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I was going to make a poll about this but couldn't see see the icon for setting up a poll so... What I want to know is -- who the heck are these people who look so darn happy and radiate positivity all the time? Most people seem to be neutral or sometimes look a bit happy or sad, others have a happy default and others just look negative. I'd think that extroverted feelers look the happiest. I'm very jealous of these types because I think it's a huge asset to have this positive glow. Unfortunately I do not. I've been told that I look kind of bitchy and that I'm friendlier than I look.

What type are you and what kind of face to you present to the world?

Here's me on my 34th birthday a year or so ago, and I'm always this happy!:

ALEX_v3_4_Alpha014.jpg

ESTP! Happy as can be! Fun, sun, red wine, and good food - Life is AWESOME!

Laurie

Was E.laur
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7w6
Ok so I've started to notice after reading this thread. If I see a person I usually will smile at them. It's my automatic response to another human.

Lady_X

MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
blissful halla...that's awesome!

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Ok so I've started to notice after reading this thread. If I see a person I usually will smile at them. It's my automatic response to another human.

I brought it up to my wife how she looks when she is walking and now she is self concious:doh: She just always has this serious/mad face. Everytime she sees me she thinks about it and I get a big smile then a laugh when she realizes she was doing it.

Halla74

Artisan Conquerer
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Wildcat wrote: "Face is the only thing that is not about type.
It is about education and intelligence."

i disagree...i think your personality is expressed on your face which has a lot to do with type. i don't think actual physical characteristics have much to do with type...but the personality it expresses does.

100% thumbs down on education and intelligence being totally responsible for the appearance of a person's face. I know two brilliant people who if most saw them in a bus station would be thought of as simpletons by their outward appearances. Many times the brightest of the bright do not shine their brilliance through their eyes, smile, and other features...

I have to agree with Erinavery on this one. Regardless of our features, our inner selves will express themselves with the tools we have to work with. A person with kind eyes can glare in hate at someone. A person with a naturally pouty smile can be bubbling with inner exhuberance.

Now, if someone's features "match" their type, then its all the eaiser for them to be accurately interpreted as they communicate with others. Those whose features are not indicative of their personality might just not be as easily read by others. Does that make sense?

SMILE EVERYONE!!! :D