User Tag List

First 56789 Last

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Quote Originally Posted by alicia91 View Post
    What type are you and what kind of face to you present to the world?
    I don't have a "set" face I present to the world.

I know that sometimes, when thinking, I have a sad/tired look on my face because of the ever-present shadows under my eyes (they're there even when I've had lots of sleep!) and the natural downward turn of the corners of my mouth. But at the same time, I could easily be grinning about something I just thought of.

I know that I have a very expressive face that usually betrays how I really feel about something...especially when I'm not aware of how I feel at the time. It's very frightening for me for someone to tell me the expression on my face and it be exactly a reflection of what I was thinking at that moment. It's frightening, because the only time I'm aware of the expression on my face is when I'm purposefully trying to show an expression for some kind of effect. So, most of the time, I don't know what my face looks like at any given moment. Even if I'm smiling, I don't always know what else might be communicated. It's because of this that I'm a terrible liar.

When around other people, I smile and laugh a lot because there is so much information I'm receiving that a lot of it ends up being very amusing...aside from someone being outright funny.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

Robert Frost

garbage

Quote Originally Posted by Elaur View Post
    Ok so I've started to notice after reading this thread. If I see a person I usually will smile at them. It's my automatic response to another human.
    Me too, and I think I just realized what's been happening

I'm usually smiling a little bit, which I guess prompts them to smile at me, and then I guess I smile even more at them after that. It's like some insane empathy feedback loop, or something.

That's why people seem to think I'm so trustworthy

Senior Member Valhallahereicome's Avatar
    MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    3w7
    Socionics
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Halla74 View Post
    I have to agree with Erinavery on this one. Regardless of our features, our inner selves will express themselves with the tools we have to work with. A person with kind eyes can glare in hate at someone. A person with a naturally pouty smile can be bubbling with inner exhuberance.

Now, if someone's features "match" their type, then its all the eaiser for them to be accurately interpreted as they communicate with others. Those whose features are not indicative of their personality might just not be as easily read by others. Does that make sense?
    Yes, this is right. My features are delicate and I've been told time and again that I look deceptively sweet and innocent and - I suspect - slightly unintelligent. I've also been told that when people see me smile, the innocence assumption goes right out the window! But it takes a little while for people to see me as I actually am, and I'm used to being dismissed the first one or two times I express my opinion about something thought or work related with new people.

Guess that's not so much MBTI, but it definitely shows that a face doesn't always accurately convey what's behind it.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Kyrielle View Post
    I don't have a "set" face I present to the world.

I know that I have a very expressive face that usually betrays how I really feel about something...especially when I'm not aware of how I feel at the time. It's very frightening for me for someone to tell me the expression on my face and it be exactly a reflection of what I was thinking at that moment. It's frightening, because the only time I'm aware of the expression on my face is when I'm purposefully trying to show an expression for some kind of effect. So, most of the time, I don't know what my face looks like at any given moment. Even if I'm smiling, I don't always know what else might be communicated. It's because of this that I'm a terrible liar.
    That sounds just like me.

I think I look a little annoyed/unhappy at work when I'm looking at my computer - its just me concentrating though. lol. :P

MBTI
    HUMM

I know a rather pessimistic girl who frequently remarks on my 'extroversion', 'inability to stop smiling when talking', 'general happiness'
    But I also know people (including an ESFJ male) who tells me I 'eat with a very pained expression on my face'. And I like eating, and am not anorexic, though I am very uncomfortable opening my mouth wide in mixed company seeing as how I'm inclined to bursting into laughter at any minute and spitting cake on people. True story.
    I think I make excessive eye contact though. An ESFP (I think) girl frequently looks away when I'm talking to her, even though I don't think I really pay much attention to what she's saying, I just turn to her when she's talking (which is normal for me).
    ain't over till it's over.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    Ne

i've been told by many people that i am always happy, and that i always have lots of energy ! like some other ENFP's said, my instinctual reaction around people is to smile and be generally happy and positive.

MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    6w7

How do so many people know how they look?

I've been told that I'm very easy to read, facially by some people, and by others it's impossible to read me.

People have thought I'm sad when happy, happy when exceedingly low, really angry when just a bit down in the dumps...

I apparently have trademark looks for being pissed off, content and when something's REALLY wrong though.

I'm say my xSFP friend looks the most obviously happiest.

INT's can look very moody, stony or pertubed.

An INFJ friend has the strongest 'dead' look I've seen in my life, it made me want to cry...Come to think of it I did cry later on...it was THAT sad.

The same friend and her INTJ sister are terrifying when somewhat annoyed, it's like their faces' are shooting some ray of doom at all in their path.
    Come along Fool
    A direct hit of the senses you are disconnected
    It's not that it's bad, it's not that it's death
    It's just on the tip of your tongue, and you're so silent

My brother's friends are scared of me because my face doesn't emote when I'm around them. It's only because they annoy me!

MBTI
    ENFJ

I'm pretty easy to read -- well, at least it's easy to tell when I'm in a good mood.

My default expression is critical, though.
    -Carefully taking sips from the Fire Hose of Knowledge

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6
    Socionics
    ENFp

The other day I was chewing while I walked by someone and made eye contact. It bothered me that I didn't smile. Then I remembered that most people don't smile at eye contact. My !@#$% ENFPness.