User Tag List

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: MBTI and looking happy

I think I naturally look and move as though I'm stoned, in that I'm relaxed, walk slowly, and sport a smile. My eyes look pretty heavy, too.

I by no means have the typical ENTJ domineering demeanor.

Senior Member Array Valhallahereicome's Avatar

I'm not sure how I appear, although I've been trying lately to smile and make eye contact with random people - swear it's not as creepy as it sounds. But I notice that everyone I see on the street or on campus looks really stressed and depressed, even though I'm sure they don't mean to. "Neutral" often doesn't look like it. There's one girl in my volunteer group who constantly looks pissed off, which hopefully she isn't - at least not all the time.

When someone actually smiles at me or makes eye contact, it's pretty cool.

Wild Speculative Theory:

Humans evolved a negative looking neutral face as a deterrent would-be opportunists.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

ISFP. I used to walk around with a smile on my face which would morph into a wide smile at the slightest provocation. I used to get a lot of comments about being so cheerful and enthusiastic all the time.

In the past couple of months, I've gotten more cynical and you're now more likely to see me looking like

ISFP I smirk or am deadpan. Dry.

insert random title here Array Randomnity's Avatar
    6w5 sp/sx

The only people I know who are always smiling are ENFPs.
    -end of thread-

I have three people in my life who look happy almost all of the time, and have that enthusiams that really draws you in. They are extraverted-feelers - an ESFP, ENFP and an ESFJ. Though I'm not sure if I should count the ESFJ because while she has a very happy expression, she complains about a lot and so many things are a hardship for her, but she expresses all this with a plastered on smile.

Overall though, I really admire these people - they seem to be true optimists.

Systematic chaos Array Cenomite's Avatar

I present a positive face to the world usually all the time, mostly because no one likes hanging out with a downer. I think some other extroverted people might present a positive face as well for that reason.

I know that when I'm depressed, the best cure is to hang around other people. However, other people generally don't like dragging / being around a depressed person. It's generally awkward and if everyone knows how depressed the person is (especially if it's for a good reason, like someone dying), it's just awkward all around. Everyone feels obligated to talk to you and try to cheer you up, and it just gets a weird vibe going.

Because of this, people don't want to hang around you, which makes you more depressed, which makes people not want to hang around you, etc. That's why I generally act happy even if I'm not.
    The probability that I was procrastinating when I was typing this post:

P(have big assignment due) = 0.6
    P(posting on TypoC) = 0.2
    P(having big assignment due | posting on TypoC) = 0.7

P(posting on TypoC | having big assignment due) = .......

Eh, I'll finish it later.

My ex was an ESFP and he always looked like the world had dawned a new day just for him.
    "There is no god; there is only us. Savage and fragile."

I'd figure ExFP's would have this natural, radiant glow. Shines through.

What type are you and what kind of face to you present to the world?
    If I'd be talking to you now, I'd be looking into you very deeply, paying all my attention to you, you wouldn't probably even notice how intensely I'd be watching you.
    I'd be absorbing you.
    I don't know what kind of face that is.

I'd say sincere, more reserved in expression than "open".
    But my emotions definately show.
    My eyes say more than my face altogether.

With people I like bringing out positiveness and warm, make them feel comfortable.
    I smile, a lot. But it's somewhat restrained and self-conscious.