User Tag List

First 12345 Last

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

I am rendering you all service by offering a more efficient way to think about typology. The chief question of this thread is typological in nature (or a person's type). My information is useful to anyone who is interested in answering that question and is therefore very pertinent.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Edit: That's not fair. I'll give you a partial response.

You say keep saying that when there's an ambiguity, we just have dug deep enough. But using Occam's Razor, tell me: what's more likely, that people have some essence that no one has ever seen and there is no evidence for, which is contradicted by simple observations that people exhibit inconsistent and varying behavior, or that there simply IS no such essence, only a collection of variable stimuli/responses (traits)?

To be clear, I'm not saying there is NO PATTERN to these responses. What I'm saying is that typology is not it. The pattern of responses is much much more complicated and more elusive that 8 cognitive processes, and, that these cognitive processes have no real correlates in reality because they are abstractions.

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I've overcome the typology mountain myself, I have a very weak N, F and P. The percents are all very close (F being 51% T being 49%). You can do it, there is one out there for you. I attained this inner calm by doing the cognitive functions and seeing my main functions being up front. Even if there were a lot of random ones following that just makes me more of an individual. I had Fi, Ne, and Te up toward the front and I am an introvert, so there I had it. I score all over the places on various tests, but on the more detailed ones I always score INFP. On other ones I've taken I've gotten everything introverted almost. These include INFP a good amount of the time, INTP a good amount, ISFJ sometimes, ISTJ sometimes. One time I got ENTJ for no reason on a pretty unreliable test. I think it depends on my mood with what the questions are asking.

The way I further analyzed my type was by looking at the functions themselves, and asking myself whether the order made sense or not to me. I came to INFP, the profiles I've seen are pretty accurate to me aside from a few things that aren't accurate of me.

The answers are out there. But if you have read through everything and absolutely NONE of it pertains to you then I don't know what to say.

I would suggest doing what I did for myself, analyzing the function orders for my suspected types and seeing what makes sense.

On a side note, it's obvious to me you are a feeler. Very obvious.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    873 sx/so
    Socionics
    SLE Ti

Come on seriously? This is gonna become a debate and beyondauroura is gonna be put in the backseat for god knows how long, if you guys have to do this, can't you do this somewhere else?

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    Come on seriously? This is gonna become a debate and beyondauroura is gonna be put in the backseat for god knows how long, if you guys have to do this, can't you do this somewhere else?
    http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...tml#post561309
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Quote Originally Posted by beyondaurora View Post

I'm not sure what I even expect anyone to say...I'm just lost at the moment.
    I don't know beyond. Maybe you are trying too hard? I know I fall into that trap a lot.

Does it really matter what Myers-Briggs type or enneagram type or what "Color me Beautiful" type you are (though I know nothing about the last thing)?

As I understand the personality systems, no-one is really a type as is. Certain archetypes have their pull on our psyches, and certain defence mechanisms will be favored, but no type will capture our personalities well.

What is the reason you want to know the one true type you are? Is it for development purposes? or so you can understand your own strengths and short-comings? or something else.

I think most people agree that I am an INTP (I think, mainly because I said I was for such a long time on the forum), but on a large number of tests I come out INFP, INFJ, ISTP, INTJ and even ISTJ.

For me, the reason I choose INTP is because it leads me to what feels like the best development advice. But I also take to heart what I read in the other descriptions, because a lot of it fits me too.

So maybe you are an ISFP and an ISFJ, and an INFJ and an ISTP, and maybe even an INFP and INTP in some ways. Maybe you need to be content with that ambiguity for a while?

Perhaps you can benefit from talking to a coach trained in these things. Maybe edcoaching is still around?

I wish you the best of luck.

(Also, you look good in all your pictures, so whatever system you are using for that is working.)

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by beyondaurora View Post
    And this isn't the only subject with which I do this. I am also obsessed with the 'Color Me Beautiful' color-coordinated dressing system.
    You look like a winter.

This picture seems to show it the most. http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...pictureid=2275

The dark rim around your blue eye.

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by heart View Post
    You look like a winter.

This picture seems to show it the most. http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...pictureid=2275

The dark rim around your blue eye.
    Yeah, I think so, too.

But it does sound like you have a generalized anxiety, probably because of not knowing all the answers about your marriage, and that you're trying to find something concrete that will give you answers. Like if you know your type, and you can dress to present yourself in the optimal way, then that's something you'll have going for you--something to sort of anchor you.

I find that when I'm out of sorts, I start nitpicking on myself, and that includes my appearance. When I'm feeling confident about myself in general, I'm way more forgiving of my imperfections, and may not even see them as such. You're a beautiful girl, no matter what color you wear--and people will see you as such. I think maybe you need to ask yourself what's the end of result of these obsessions...like, if you achieved absolute perfection and were the star follower of the Color Me Beautiful program, would it make things different in a meaningful way? Or if you were the absolute prototype of an MBTI type, would it automatically solve all your questions about what you should do in life? Sometimes when I get caught up in those thinking loops, I have to actually ask myself things like that, so I will know why I continue to do things that don't ever really pay off.

(My very unscientific, gut-feeling guess from your posts is ISFP, FWIW. )
    Something Witty

heart on fire

^ Actually the Color Me system was very anxiety relieving for me at an earlier age. I feel like I have no sense of how to dress or things like that and once I decided on being a winter I could just buy basic wardrobe items in one color area and quit worrying about such petty things. People around me responded positively too. I can pretty much just buy black and navy clothes and know I'll look the best I can in them and forget about it, which is what I wanted.

So I really think it's a good way to alievate anxiety about dressing, especially for women.

MBTI
    ENTJ

I am also obsessed with the 'Color Me Beautiful' color-coordinated dressing system.
    Bah. I hate that 'system'. A lot.

On topic, to me it just sounds like you clearly have some serious issues going on (as most of us do) and that they're manifesting themselves in these obsessions. I am not generally a person to recommend therapy, at all, but this sounds like a situation that could be helped by talking to a professional who could walk you through it and maybe help you understand what's going on underneath everything.
    "Only an irrational dumbass, would burn Jews." - Jaguar

"please give concise answers in plain English" - request from Provoker