User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ISFJ

Like others mentioned it's about adjusting the value system based on new experiences and situations but always keeping the core values intact until proven wrong. And minding priorities.

I do think Fi works much like a logical system in that coherence is of utmost importance.

EDIT : As far as developing Fi is concerned...well, it's all about caring. Promise yourself you'll uphold a particular standard and mind it at all times. I dunno.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Quote Originally Posted by BerberElla View Post
    I think mine are pretty changeable, because they are constantly, and I do mean on a day to day basis, being re-evaluated with new insights or new information.
    Could you elaborate on this?
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

The definition of Fi is as follows.

Feeling: A cognitive unconscious disposition towards processing emotion.

Introversion: A cognitive unconscious disposition to be cognitively inspired by the inner life more than the external world.

What this simply means is that an introvert's mind unconsciously responds more easily to his own thoughts rather than entities outside of him (perhaps his observations of the external world).

Hence, Introverted Feeling is a tendency to process emotion in relation to the intrinsic content of the mind in question.

The tendency to emote leads a person to be interested in values as such a person is closely in tune with his likes and dislikes (personal values). An Introverted Feeler is in tune with the sentiments generated within himself (because they are generated within his mind they are concerned with his inner being more than the external world), hence he is intensely focused on his personal values (or strictly speaking how he feels) more than the community. (An Extroverted Feeler on the hand, whose sentiments are more concerned with the external world is more focused on the values of others and inevitably his values mirror those of others almost by default.)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Properly defining Fi has placed us in a position to ask your question in a manner it could be clearly answered and with reliable results.

Because Fi is simply a tendency to emote in relation to the inner life, it ipso facto lacks logical structure. (I anticipate some may remonstrate that there are logical Fi people in the world. I do not wish to deny that. However, they are logical not because of their Fi faculty but due to their competence with their Thinking faculty) Fi, unlike Fe that conforms to the rigid structure of the external world of values (therefore does not change easily, it changes in a manner akin to the whims of fashion, in small ways. We notice that significant traditions and values of the community rarely radically change, and hence neither does Fe for this reason.), has no solid foundation. It is founded on mere fleeting feelings. (There is no solid foundation because Fi in itself does not conceptualize feelings, it only processes them, hence there is nothing stopping Fi from going from one temporary passion to another.)

Simply by virtue of the principle that what does not have a solid foundation can easily change, we adduce that Fi established values can easily change.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

This is very hard to think about.

I think my emotions are the pillars of my character- they define my best.

I guess they run on seperate levels:

First, there's my values dealing with love. The only thing that really matters to me, honestly. I would fight and die for anyone. I'd kill for it, I'd hurt for it. My family, my close loves.

Then there are the things that are a little more secondary to my values- certain causes. Defending things, standing up for what people want, standing up against unmerciful things.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    NICE

I wish I had your passion.

MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII

Simply by virtue of the principle that what does not have a solid foundation can easily change, we adduce that Fi established values can easily change.
    I disagree. Any Fi users themselves gonna comment on this? I'm wanting to debate this, but not if an Fi user is gonna pop up and say he was actually right.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by bananatrombones View Post
    I wish I had your passion.
    You do have my passion..

"gives passion to bananatrombones"

But seriously, Ts do have the passion, they just either don't know how to use it, prefer not to, or feel uncomfortable using it. They channel the energy in different ways than Fs.
    Is it that by its indefiniteness it shadows forth the heartless voids and immensities of the universe, and thus stabs us from behind with the thought of annihilation, when beholding the white depths of the milky way?

MBTI
    ESFP
    Enneagram
    9w8 sx/sp
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Costrin View Post
    I disagree. Any Fi users themselves gonna comment on this? I'm wanting to debate this, but not if an Fi user is gonna pop up and say he was actually right.
    Some values are nailed into our being, others are subject to change. There are some that we simply cannot change and will never change, other we can change if we see a reason to change them. It's just like changing logic, if you were misinformed and you got informed of the correct information then you will change your logic.
    () 9w8-3w4-7w6 tritype.

sCueI (primary Inquisition)

Tenured roisterer SolitaryWalker's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx

What are your reasons for disagreeing?

Quote Originally Posted by BlackCat View Post
    Some values are nailed into our being, others are subject to change. There are some that we simply cannot change and will never change, other we can change if we see a reason to change them. It's just like changing logic, if you were misinformed and you got informed of the correct information then you will change your logic.

You're confusing type for personality. There are some people who have Fi as their dominant type and also have values firmly established within them (such values do not change easily). Yet Fi in itself does not at all conduce to such a firm establishment of values for reasons mentioned above.

In recap firm establishment of values requires a solid foundation of beliefs, the nature of Fi does not provide that.
    "Do not argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." -- Mark Twain

“No man but a blockhead ever wrote, except for money.”---Samuel Johnson

My blog: www.randommeanderings123.blogspot.com/

Quote Originally Posted by SolitaryWalker View Post
    I agree though I think foundation is the wrong word. Fi by itself lacks a solid feedback loop.
    That being said we are the sum of all parts.