User Tag List

Thread: My brother

MBTI
    infp

Default My brother

Since discovering the personality types I've wondered about my family... I know my sister is an INTJ, and I don't really care what my parents are (although I kind of think my dad might be the same as my brother), but I do want to know about my brother...

He is:

-Action oriented, when he needs to get things done, he does them... he seperates work from play very easily
    -Extraverted without a doubt
    -Interested in politics
    -Very realistic
    -Straight-forward, non-creative
    -Does not like math or science

I'm starting to draw a blank... see what you can do with that, and ask questions and I'll answer as best I can.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Is he charming?
    Is he ethical?
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    infp

Yah, he is a charming fellow, he has a great sense of humour, but he can also be critical, but maybe thats just me since I'm his younger brother.

In waht sense do you mean ethical? He isn't evil or anything, but he isn't someone with really strong morals, either.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Quote Originally Posted by GZA View Post
    Yah, he is a charming fellow, he has a great sense of humour, but he can also be critical, but maybe thats just me since I'm his younger brother.

In waht sense do you mean ethical? He isn't evil or anything, but he isn't someone with really strong morals, either.
    I'm a very far cry from an expert, but extroverted percievers have a certain charm about them.

SJs and NFs tend to have ethics as a pretty prominent thing in some way. Kind of a "do the right thing" feel. How that is expressed and where they get their ethics will be somewhat different between the two temperaments. That doesn't mean that ethics are not important to NTs or SPs, it just isn't one of the first things you notice about them.
    “There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

Glowy Goopy Goodness The_Liquid_Laser's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENTP

He sounds like an ESTP or ESTJ to me (based on the little info you've given). I'd read some descriptions of ESTP's and ESTJ's and see which one sounds closer.
    My wife and I made a game to teach kids about nutrition. Please try our game and vote for us to win. (Voting period: July 14 - August 14)
    http://www.revoltingvegetables.com

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Hmm... My guess is either ESFJ, or ESTJ. Don't know enough to discriminate the T/F.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

ESTJ, they don't have to be moral, just follow the social rules.
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

MBTI
    infp

I guess you could say he does follow the rules of society, yah. I'll read those descriptions, thanks.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by athenian200 View Post
    Hmm... My guess is either ESFJ, or ESTJ. Don't know enough to discriminate the T/F.
    Those are my two guesses. Usually T's still appreciate math and science, but that is not nearly enough to go on. How they administrate others would give way the T/F factor (more impersonal, not liking to deal with relational drama, focus on spoken promises and commitments = T; not bothered by dealing with relational issues as a matter of course, enforcing unspoken commitments/promises = potential to be F).
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft