• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What would an INTJ male find physically attractive?

Usehername

On a mission
Okay. This may possibly be the most shallow heading ever posted to mbticentral.

Nevertheless, I will continue. This has many angles. Please indulge me, though, I'll be appreciative:)

I need an entire new wardrobe. I was the typical INTJ female throughout high school (read: wore hand-me-downs from aunts/cousins/friends... and most of it was the ugly stuff they didn't want to wear anymore just so I could avoid shopping).

Now, I'm almost 21 and only recently began to take some pride in how I look. I don't feel the need to keep up with fashion, I don't feel that I need to be validated from others (which the title of this thread may imply).
In truth, I just need to find clothing that I am comfortable
a) physically wearing
b) presenting myself to others in, and
c) being myself in.*

*This is where attracting this INTJ comes in. I mostly want to wear things that really reflect who I am: low-maintenance, but competent, I don't follow the crowd.... I don't want to dress slutty, obviously. Tasteful and respectful.

So. This is my question. How do I do that as a 21 year old female? I'm 5'7", 120 lbs (which means I'm about as skinny as it gets while still being curvy enough... I have that athletic chick body type)

What specifically do I wear to not come off as immature/slutty/etc but yet still come off as taking pride to some extent in my physical appearance?

What is unattractive on a 21 year old female? I'm just being honest in saying I have a pretty rockin' body at the moment (that I take care of by eating healthy and exercising) and want to know how to dress properly. It seems to me most things marketed toward me have the attitude of sex-symbol and I don't know how or where to look to find the good stuff (or sometimes even what to avoid).

Blunt male opinions welcome, blunt female opinions welcome!

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
Watch the episodes of TNG where Picard falls in love.

There's that woman whose personality morphs to the ideal of whatever guy she's with, who finds that the person she becomes when she's morphing in response to Picard is someone she actually likes to be. As an arch-flexer, I relate to that a lot.

Then there's the maverick archaeologist artefact thief type woman. And then Beverley Crusher, who we all know he's in love with the whole time even though nothing happens.

Usehername

On a mission
oh yeah.

And I have this supercrush on an INTJ male; this is why I care about how I look. I don't really want to do it for him (although I guess in one sense, it would be for him) I want to do it because I'm feeling mature enough to "grow up" and be in a relationship etc.

And I really think this INTJ I know would be the ideal guy for me (and I think I would be great for him). So what is physically attractive to an INTJ? Any differences, you think? Quirks? Pet peeves?

Usehername

On a mission
Watch the episodes of TNG where Picard falls in love.

There's that woman whose personality morphs to the ideal of whatever guy she's with, who finds that the person she becomes when she's morphing in response to Picard is someone she actually likes to be. As an arch-flexer, I relate to that a lot.

Then there's the maverick archaeologist artefact thief type woman. And then Beverley Crusher, who we all know he's in love with the whole time even though nothing happens.

What's TNG? Is this one of those nerdy things I hosuld know b/c I'm an NT? lol i don't watch tv or movies anymore.

substitute

MBTI Type
ENTP
What's TNG? Is this one of those nerdy things I hosuld know b/c I'm an NT? lol i don't watch tv or movies anymore.

Star Trek: The Next Generation. Captain Picard is a pretty strong candidate for an INTJ.

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
a) physically wearing
c) being myself in.

I have found that I am comfortable wearing skirts and well-cut dress shirts. The latter are expensive though. :(

Color-wise I tend to stick to black, white and gray, but I find that INTJ men like a little flash on a woman, so you might want to add touches of whatever colors look good on you. (Get an honest friend with good aesthetic sense to tell you which colors to go for and which ones to avoid.)

Usehername

On a mission
I have found that I am comfortable wearing skirts and well-cut dress shirts. The latter are expensive though. :(

Color-wise I tend to stick to black, white and gray, but I find that INTJ men like a little flash on a woman, so you might want to add touches of whatever colors look good on you. (Get an honest friend with good aesthetic sense to tell you which colors to go for and which ones to avoid.)

you're comfortable in skirts? i always thought it was my contingency-planning that stressed me about wearing skirts: what if some impromptu fastpitch game/volleyball etc. came up? You can't play that in a skirt and actually try.

I've been told that with my skin tone, i have to wear fall colors and no black/white/pale things. but i don't know so much about style.

Thanks for the comment, though, Ec.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Star Trek: The Next Generation. Captain Picard is a pretty strong candidate for an INTJ.

Of course, he shaves his head! :tongue:

I myself, have also become interested in my appearance and the opposite sex. In fact, I become angry when I see people in relationships because I ask what's the point. I often still wonder that.

I'm interested in the female version of myself. My MySpace number 1 is that person. She's more a movie geek than your typical music geek, which is more common on MySpace. (And true movie geeks -- as opposed to casual moviegoers -- are actually quite rare.)

She hates rock concerts, just like me.

She thinks I'm really smart.

She seems to admire my sense of humor.

She's an Enneagram 4w5 (I'm a 5w4, but the differences are slight) and I believe she's an INFJ (again differences are slight).

Unfortunately, she lives in Massachusetts and I live in Ohio. :(

I'm 22, by the way.

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
you're comfortable in skirts? i always thought it was my contingency-planning that stressed me about wearing skirts: what if some impromptu fastpitch game/volleyball etc. came up? You can't play that in a skirt and actually try.

I don't do team sports, so that's not an issue for me.

I've been told that with my skin tone, i have to wear fall colors and no black/white/pale things. but i don't know so much about style.

Black/white/gray doesn't suit everyone? Goes to show how much I know. :rolleyes:

I'm really not one to give style advice; I would wear carbon copies of the same outfit (perfected, of course ;)) every day if only I could get away with it like my male INTJ friends can. :dry:

Mycroft

The elder Holmes
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Obligatory response: MBTI type will tell you little in this situation. You'll have to do your best to gauge what this particular individual would find attractive.

Rohsiph

MBTI Type
lego
well, noting that this will be superficial,

I've never really seen any girl do it right, but I've always thought that black and hot-pink would make for fashionable wardrobe colors.

Stripes (horizontal moreso than pin) can often make me think a little more about a girl.

Also, a kind of low-key "hippy" look has always really caught my eye--earth-tone colors, knit rather than synthetic fabric; generally, clothing that gives a peaceful, yet non-invasive vibe.

Regardless, clothing doesn't mean a damned thing in the long run. Fashion can make for a hook, especially if you're unwilling to initiate anything yourself, but . . . for lack of better words, I think the most attractive thing for an INTJ to see his/her partner in is what is, by and large, *natural*. If you're uncomfortable, not good. If you like it, it should work just fine.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5

Trust me, we've had much worse. But wouldn't this thread have been a better candidate for the "Relationships" subsection?

Now, I'm almost 21 and only recently began to take some pride in how I look. I don't feel the need to keep up with fashion, I don't feel that I need to be validated from others (which the title of this thread may imply).
a) physically wearing
c) being myself in.*

Well, I don't really imagine that INTJ's, with inferior Se, would pay that much attention to looks. Your personality would probably matter more. However, since I've heard that INTJ's value efficiency, you should probably try to look practical, and not overtly frilly. In fact, I think anything that stands out too much would probably agitate their inferior Se, and annoy them. I personally think looking professional and consistent is a good form.

But I think you should really be focused what kind of style you want for yourself, and not so much for someone else, since you really haven't focused on those aspects enough.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1

Nevertheless, I will continue. This has many angles. Please indulge me, though, I'll be appreciative:)

I need an entire new wardrobe. I was the typical INTJ female throughout high school (read: wore hand-me-downs from aunts/cousins/friends... and most of it was the ugly stuff they didn't want to wear anymore just so I could avoid shopping).
Sounds like my daughter.

IMO, the most important thing is that your clothes fit. That means trying them on, which even I detest.

Maybe go with mostly understated/neutral/serious, but with a little bit of quirkiness that shows something about what you like or how you think.

That's probably not much help. FWIW, autumns can wear black if it's a warmish shade, you just have to hold the garment in question near your face and check in the mirror to see what it does.

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
1) Represent your place in life. If that means you are going to school, dress according to that. If you work, dress according to that.

2) Step up one place in formality. In general, you will want to be slightly overdressed. Stay practical.

3) Dress local, meaning you don't want to start wearing pants if skirts are the extreme norm.

Specifics;

- Depending on your ratio (in an ideal or lower hip/waist ratio), eliminate additional things like belts and watch where the waist sits.

- In your case, avoid overly tight clothes. The most important thing to look for is fit, but don't squeeze yourself into anything thinking it will make you look better. Loose clothes emphasise your body already - normally this isn't a good thing, but if you are toned and in good shape, it actually acts as a way to increase curves and is more comfortable/practical, something you will probably want. Aim for a comfortable fit, or just slightly larger.

- Avoid accessories. Which ones to use depends on your body shape - do you have a long neck? etc.

- In your case, avoid shoes that use laces. Chances are you will only gain from having longer looking legs.

- Depending how top heavy you are, (if you aren't, ignore this), try to use tops that cover your shoulders more, but not your neck. Avoid thin straps. Instead, try to use v necks of other ways of drawing attention to the center of your body.

* If you are decidedly not top heavy, do the opposite with the V necks (do not draw attention), but still use tops that cover your shoulders, but try to make them somewhat more frilly. It'll also help smooth the bra padding. Sweaters and the like will tend to be the best thing - and it looks clean and practical. Using a lighter fabric for the undershirt, in either case (V or higher, depending on build), is a good idea if you plan on taking off the sweater (just beware if you are underbuilt, as this won't look as good).

The above also depends on how broad your shoulders are, etc.

- If you do lack curves around your waist, a smart way to create them is with any flared jacket... and of course, skirts work better here, in general. However, if you don't lack curves, meaning you are still in the norm, then longer jackets will be better. It depends if "being in shape" makes you too pencil shaped, if your body already tends towards being thin.

Oops, time's up :D I'd suggest either getting tailor measurements done or posting a profile and front picture if you are really curious!

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
Your personality would probably matter more. However, since I've heard that INTJ's value efficiency, you should probably try to look practical, and not overtly frilly. In fact, I think anything that stands out too much would probably agitate their inferior Se, and annoy them.
Nicely stated, and I agree.

And just for the record. . . I like skirts, dresses, and a particular pair of brown pants. As far as colors go, I prefer earth tones. Flash is for extroverts and sensors, in my opinion.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Well, I don't really imagine that INTJ's, with inferior Se, would pay that much attention to looks. Your personality would probably matter more. However, since I've heard that INTJ's value efficiency, you should probably try to look practical, and not overtly frilly. In fact, I think anything that stands out too much would probably agitate their inferior Se, and annoy them. I personally think looking professional and consistent is a good form.

But I think you should really be focused what kind of style you want for yourself, and not so much for someone else, since you really haven't focused on those aspects enough.

Actually, I do pay attention to the looks, but the looks should reflect the doorway to the personality. I never notice what kind of earrings a girl has on, but I enjoy fashion anomalies. I'm most attuned to facial beauty, but there are other turn-ons and turn-offs that I take notice of.

In terms of looks, I like when girls dress artsy or unique (like a stereotypical NF would). I'm attracted to an all-around artistic and introspective personality and clothing often reflects that. But within that apparel, I like natural mannerisms, nothing dramatic or glamorous. I despise facial gestures that are traditional turn-ons, such as winking or kissing gestures -- for then I doubt sincerity. I like smiles that are natural and involuntary.

And actually, I also have a business suit fetish. I get turned on when girls wear a business suit with heeled sandals -- because female feet turn me on (though don't nail polish on the toes unless it's clear). I don't care about boob size, as long as they're natural. A slim (but not unhealthy anorexic) to average-sized physique is best, for I can then get a hard-on. Any hair color is suitable, though no ponytails, unless head is shaved and there is a ponytail left, otherwise let the hair flow naturally. I like straight to wavy hair, curly hair is okay if it's long. Feel free to color it all kinds of funky colors -- I am turned on by the avant garde.

nottaprettygal

MBTI Type
INTj
Button-down shirts, fitted jackets, jeans or black/brown pants. Just wear something classic, and you can't go wrong.

Besides, if you're hot, you could wear a burlap sack and you'd still be hot. If you're ugly, the world's most perfect outfit won't be able to save you.

Usehername

On a mission
Okay. So I am finding this input too good to avoid putting a pic up of me which can help advice. Except I'm too paranoid to put a real pic of me, so instead I found one on my laptop which shows my body type from the back.

edit: pic removed

Last edited:

Blackwater

MBTI Type
ERTP
I have observed that even those of my male friends who claim to have absolutely NO interest in what the woman is wearing are never the less swayed, if only subconciously.

But if you go with deep blacks you almost certainly can't fail.

(What's with all the introverts wanting other introverts?)