User Tag List

123 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Default What would an INTJ male find physically attractive?

Okay. This may possibly be the most shallow heading ever posted to mbticentral.

Nevertheless, I will continue. This has many angles. Please indulge me, though, I'll be appreciative

I need an entire new wardrobe. I was the typical INTJ female throughout high school (read: wore hand-me-downs from aunts/cousins/friends... and most of it was the ugly stuff they didn't want to wear anymore just so I could avoid shopping).

Now, I'm almost 21 and only recently began to take some pride in how I look. I don't feel the need to keep up with fashion, I don't feel that I need to be validated from others (which the title of this thread may imply).
    In truth, I just need to find clothing that I am comfortable
    a) physically wearing
    b) presenting myself to others in, and
    c) being myself in.*

*This is where attracting this INTJ comes in. I mostly want to wear things that really reflect who I am: low-maintenance, but competent, I don't follow the crowd.... I don't want to dress slutty, obviously. Tasteful and respectful.

So. This is my question. How do I do that as a 21 year old female? I'm 5'7", 120 lbs (which means I'm about as skinny as it gets while still being curvy enough... I have that athletic chick body type)

What specifically do I wear to not come off as immature/slutty/etc but yet still come off as taking pride to some extent in my physical appearance?

What is unattractive on a 21 year old female? I'm just being honest in saying I have a pretty rockin' body at the moment (that I take care of by eating healthy and exercising) and want to know how to dress properly. It seems to me most things marketed toward me have the attitude of sex-symbol and I don't know how or where to look to find the good stuff (or sometimes even what to avoid).

Blunt male opinions welcome, blunt female opinions welcome!
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    ENTP

Watch the episodes of TNG where Picard falls in love.

There's that woman whose personality morphs to the ideal of whatever guy she's with, who finds that the person she becomes when she's morphing in response to Picard is someone she actually likes to be. As an arch-flexer, I relate to that a lot.

Then there's the maverick archaeologist artefact thief type woman. And then Beverley Crusher, who we all know he's in love with the whole time even though nothing happens.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

oh yeah.

And I have this supercrush on an INTJ male; this is why I care about how I look. I don't really want to do it for him (although I guess in one sense, it would be for him) I want to do it because I'm feeling mature enough to "grow up" and be in a relationship etc.

And I really think this INTJ I know would be the ideal guy for me (and I think I would be great for him). So what is physically attractive to an INTJ? Any differences, you think? Quirks? Pet peeves?
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Watch the episodes of TNG where Picard falls in love.

There's that woman whose personality morphs to the ideal of whatever guy she's with, who finds that the person she becomes when she's morphing in response to Picard is someone she actually likes to be. As an arch-flexer, I relate to that a lot.

Then there's the maverick archaeologist artefact thief type woman. And then Beverley Crusher, who we all know he's in love with the whole time even though nothing happens.
    What's TNG? Is this one of those nerdy things I hosuld know b/c I'm an NT? lol i don't watch tv or movies anymore.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    What's TNG? Is this one of those nerdy things I hosuld know b/c I'm an NT? lol i don't watch tv or movies anymore.
    Star Trek: The Next Generation. Captain Picard is a pretty strong candidate for an INTJ.
    Ils se d�merdent, les mecs: trop bon, trop con..................................MY BLOG!

"When it all comes down to dust
    I will kill you if I must
    I will help you if I can" - Leonard Cohen

MBTI
    INTJ

In truth, I just need to find clothing that I am comfortable
    a) physically wearing
    b) presenting myself to others in, and
    c) being myself in.
    I have found that I am comfortable wearing skirts and well-cut dress shirts. The latter are expensive though.

Color-wise I tend to stick to black, white and gray, but I find that INTJ men like a little flash on a woman, so you might want to add touches of whatever colors look good on you. (Get an honest friend with good aesthetic sense to tell you which colors to go for and which ones to avoid.)

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    I have found that I am comfortable wearing skirts and well-cut dress shirts. The latter are expensive though.

Color-wise I tend to stick to black, white and gray, but I find that INTJ men like a little flash on a woman, so you might want to add touches of whatever colors look good on you. (Get an honest friend with good aesthetic sense to tell you which colors to go for and which ones to avoid.)
    you're comfortable in skirts? i always thought it was my contingency-planning that stressed me about wearing skirts: what if some impromptu fastpitch game/volleyball etc. came up? You can't play that in a skirt and actually try.

I've been told that with my skin tone, i have to wear fall colors and no black/white/pale things. but i don't know so much about style.

Thanks for the comment, though, Ec.
    C.S. Lewis

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by substitute View Post
    Star Trek: The Next Generation. Captain Picard is a pretty strong candidate for an INTJ.
    Of course, he shaves his head!

I myself, have also become interested in my appearance and the opposite sex. In fact, I become angry when I see people in relationships because I ask what's the point. I often still wonder that.

I'm interested in the female version of myself. My MySpace number 1 is that person. She's more a movie geek than your typical music geek, which is more common on MySpace. (And true movie geeks -- as opposed to casual moviegoers -- are actually quite rare.)

She hates rock concerts, just like me.

She thinks I'm really smart.

She seems to admire my sense of humor.

She's an Enneagram 4w5 (I'm a 5w4, but the differences are slight) and I believe she's an INFJ (again differences are slight).

Unfortunately, she lives in Massachusetts and I live in Ohio.

I'm 22, by the way.

MBTI
    INTJ

you're comfortable in skirts? i always thought it was my contingency-planning that stressed me about wearing skirts: what if some impromptu fastpitch game/volleyball etc. came up? You can't play that in a skirt and actually try.
    I don't do team sports, so that's not an issue for me.

I've been told that with my skin tone, i have to wear fall colors and no black/white/pale things. but i don't know so much about style.
    Black/white/gray doesn't suit everyone? Goes to show how much I know.

I'm really not one to give style advice; I would wear carbon copies of the same outfit (perfected, of course ) every day if only I could get away with it like my male INTJ friends can.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

Obligatory response: MBTI type will tell you little in this situation. You'll have to do your best to gauge what this particular individual would find attractive.
    Dost thou love Life? Then do not squander Time; for that's the Stuff Life is made of.

-- Benjamin Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack, June 1746 --