• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What would an INTJ male find physically attractive?

Usehername

On a mission
Yeah, it's not like I'm overly concerned about my looks or that I think I dress completely inappropriately. I've certainly improved since I was younger; now I need to transition from the wearing of the athletic style clothing that fits into a more mature style of clothing, is all.

I was just wondering if there's any quirks, physically, that the INTJ male is interested in. Because I know that I sure am picky about the males I'm interested in. But it's not necessarily the stereotypical "hot guy" that I'm interested in. Actually, likely it's not the stereotypical "hot guy".

Mycroft

The elder Holmes
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
We could probably offer more helpful advice if you described this lad's personality and general conduct.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, it's not like I'm overly concerned about my looks or that I think I dress completely inappropriately. I've certainly improved since I was younger; now I need to transition from the wearing of the athletic style clothing that fits into a more mature style of clothing, is all.

I was just wondering if there's any quirks, physically, that the INTJ male is interested in. Because I know that I sure am picky about the males I'm interested in. But it's not necessarily the stereotypical "hot guy" that I'm interested in. Actually, likely it's not the stereotypical "hot guy".

I think everyone looks at physical appearance whether they admit it or not. Let's face it, physical appearance draws us to others. But the good news is that everyone has different tastes. Looks, personality, and intelligence are subjective. (For example, some people have fat fetishes.)

People who are good looking, but overly concerned about their appearance, makeup, and accessories is a turn-off for me. Because that says something about the personality side. People look their best when they look more or less natural in respect to their personality. I usually can intuitively tell posing personalities apart from sincereness.

And actually, look at appearance as one-fourth of attraction, for I added the way people sound, too -- honestly, I don't want anyone with a knife-in-my-ear sort of voice.

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'd say, dress to look very intelligent. Perhaps a pair of glasses and avoid overdoing the hair, nails and makeup. But dress in such a way that you can unwind in an instant to become this amazing wild animal. Perhaps consider what you wear underneath? :blush:

In a word, the sexy librarian archetype. ;) w00t w00t :party2:

Haight

Doesn't Read Your Posts
MBTI Type
INTj
I'd say, dress to look very intelligent. Perhaps a pair of glasses and avoid overdoing the hair, nails and makeup. But dress in such a way that you can unwind in an instant to become this amazing wild animal. Perhaps consider what you wear underneath? :blush:

Nailed it!

/thread

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
The same is true of us. I'm fairly neutral on body, though I have what might be considered very unusual preferences. The chances that any two INTJs have the same preferences is quite low, and we seem to be one of the most variable types from person-to-person. A mix of maturity, life, and circumstances, among other things, will make each of us so distinctly different from the next that there is no standard that you could ever target.

This has varied over my life, but, here are my preferences:
Weight/Body Shape: Thin through Overweight, with a slight preference for just a bit above average, I find excessive weight and skinny disgusting (this includes all models guys drool over). Must be evenly/well distributed, which varies per person. This has probably been my longest-standing preference.
Clothing: Practical, simple, clean. I also like dresses for some reason, even though they're impractical. I don't like floppy clothing (most things that hang, swing, or blow in the wind, for instance, aside from a dress, but with those I prefer heavier ones that don't move much in the wind or while walking). It needs to fit; I seriously dislike things like sweats or loose shirts (even with overweight girls, a shirt that fits well looks better). I also don't like much skin showing, aside from head/neck/arms/hands. Maybe some of the lower leg if it's hot.
Adornment: Little-to-none. I dislike jewelry (including earrings, necklaces, etc), seriously dislike painted/augmented/long nails (over half an inch, but I still prefer not much beyond the tip of the finger), and severely dislike (teetering on hate) tattoos. Hair adornments are alright, as long as they're not too attention-attracting.
Hair: I don't generally care for shorter than shoulder-length hair. Too long and straight gives me an automatic reaction to the person (butt-length straight = someone I don't want to associate with (Hippie sort? Spaced-out druggie? Something like that)). I tend to dislike dyed hair, particularly weird colors, which are flat repulsive. I also have a general preference for hair color from blonde through red, but have known many darker-haired girls I liked, so this is just a general preference. Oh yes, I prefer wavy (not curly) hair.

That said, when randomly wandering I've notice that under one in a thousand females catch my attention due to attractiveness, and it usually occurs no more than once every three months. They don't look like models, aren't really what guys are probably looking for, generally are pretty boring in appearance, sometimes nerdy (usually not), never over 5'9" or so. When I'm trying to locate them I seldom exceed about one in a few hundred. The funny thing is that they don't fit any checklist, and all these can be overcome by just talking to me.

Shimpei

MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram

Right on!

Langrenus

I'm not sure how much you're going to learn about INTJ physique preferences; in terms of personality and dress style, it's likely/possible that MBTI can offer some general predictions. But in terms of physique...well, last I checked a male is a male is a male.

Speaking personally, some general themes that might help are: proportion is all that really matters (within reason - as Wolf says, extremes are not really that attractive). Clothing wise...as long as it's not some garishly colourful/hippie-type thing that screams "I'm a struggling 20-something artist, although my parents have paid for me to buy these trendy clothes and prance around for a few years" then you're probably alright. The other one to avoid is dressing like a guy.

Beyond that tastes are probably too personal to be of much help.

ygolo

My termites win
Clothing wise...as long as it's not some garishly colourful/hippie-type thing that screams "I'm a struggling 20-something artist, although my parents have paid for me to buy these trendy clothes and prance around for a few years" then you're probably alright. The other one to avoid is dressing like a guy.

I can find either of these attractive (granted, I am not an INTJ).

There is something about 20-something artistic-hippie girl I find attractive.

Also, something about a woman in a sports jersey I find attractive too. Espesially if she has nice breasts :blush:

Beyond that tastes are probably too personal to be of much help.

Remove the "beyond that" part and I would agree whole heartedly. Take a look at the girl Uberfuhrer finds to be a "female version of him". Do you think your guy would want the same type? (not that there is anything wrong with her, I just believe it is quite a unique taste)

We could probably offer more helpful advice if you described this lad's personality and general conduct.

What he said.

Last edited:

Usehername

On a mission
Mycroft View Post
What he said.

Okay. I was a little worried about just posting so much stuff on the internet, but oh well. What are teh chances someone I know reads this? Hopefully slim.

This guy:
*Supernerd. Sits front & center in lecture @ uni; ahead of his credit hours for how long he's been in school (as in, takes more than the maximum course load) and gets amazing grades.
*Superathlete. He competes internationally at a raquet sport and gets paid to do it. (Which I didn't know until I got to know him. He practices every day in between labs, etc. when he can.)
*Superpolite/respectful.
*Gets the cheapest haircuts around/leaves for school 6 minutes after waking up, etc. Low Maintenance is the nice terminology:)
*Likes classic rock; plays guitar, etc.
*Highly cares about fairness.

heart

heart on fire
You know I would just say dress as is flattering and uniquely you and if he is going to notice you for the right reasons he will and if it is isn't in the works then that's probably better for you in the long run anyway.

Maybe focus more on finding ways of giving him the right subtle clues through body laungage and behavior that you're into him. That's what has always been hardest for me, body langugage. ;)

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I live by the NT stereotype and wear the cheapest clothes I can find. I don't try to match colors, because I think it's stupid. Nothing is worse than spending money on things that are only designed to keep you warm and out of jail.

Usehername

On a mission
I live by the NT stereotype and wear the cheapest clothes I can find. I don't try to match colors, because I think it's stupid. Nothing is worse than spending money on things that are only designed to keep you warm and out of jail.

I live by the INTJ stereotype of trying to master life. I think the ideal person is completely balanced XXXX and thus have been working on improving my E, S, F and P qualities so that I can pwn any situation that comes up.

:D

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I live by the INTJ stereotype of trying to master life. I think the ideal person is completely balanced XXXX and thus have been working on improving my E, S, F and P qualities so that I can pwn any situation that comes up.

:D

Is your avatar a picture of you?

You should show more pics of yourself!

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Reassuring Userhername that her body surpasses the minimum requirements and telling her that she need not worry about clothes is not instructive.
It certainly should reassure if she were worried her looks didn't rate, right?

What if the guy(s) she's interested in has (have) a large pool of women to pick from?
Then she makes an appeal on her strengths, and moves on if she fails.

In that case, her showing off said body just might give her the edge she needs - for like you yourself describe, htb:
There's a fine line with me on that, personally. Ostentation is a turn-off. But then, I would have June Cleaver be my android.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Is your avatar a picture of you?
You should show more pics of yourself!

Of course, on the internet, you never know QUITE what you're getting... You need more than pics to go by, and who knows what got morphed? ;)

(btw, did you ever post anything in the Picture Time thread? Just curious.)

Zergling

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ExTJ

He did, it's near the beginning.

(Head shaved clear, thin guy triangular jaw, arms crossed and vertical with middle fingers pointed at the camera.)

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Of course, on the internet, you never know QUITE what you're getting... You need more than pics to go by, and who knows what got morphed? ;)

Here's my picture.

It's rare for me to get my picture taken. I'm sorta camera shy.

Eldanen helped me out with my Socionics type -- apparently I look like an ENTp.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
He did, it's near the beginning.

(Head shaved clear, thin guy triangular jaw, arms crossed and vertical with middle fingers pointed at the camera.)

You forgot to say how devastatingly handsome I was! :smile:

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Nailed it!

/thread
thankyouverymuch. :party2:

And for the enjoyment of said INTJs...
The best part is when they are up on a little stepstool in their little skirt, and have to reach up really, really high to reshelve, or get so entranced in thought that they are unaware of what is peeking out or who may be staring in a completely inappropriate manner. *sigh*

I found more scandalous images, but she leaves a bit more to the imagination and clearly has a nice tushy... :wubbie:

shelving_in_silhouette.jpg