• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

What would an INTJ male find physically attractive?

BlackMita

Personally I prefer ENxPs as companions. Nearly all the close friends I've had and have are of this type. Same goes for a crush I've had on a gal for 3 years. I won’t explain why; most speculative reasons have been discussed to death in the ENFP-INTJ pairing threads on the net.

Mycroft

The elder Holmes
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
What's up with all the extrovert hate? I thought is was all love. :(

I apologize if the way I framed my previous statement came across as harsh. I genuinely do enjoy the company of extraverts and find them to be lovely people; the majority of my friends are extraverts. In fact, because my interaction style isn't retiring, when I do bother to shuffle out of my cave I tend to want the company of extraverts. (The fact that almost every introvert I know is a teetotaler also contributes...)

However, in a relationship, (and I realize I speak only for myself here) I am at a point where I prefer the company of someone who understands where I'm coming from to a big, fat let's-learn-to-appreciate-each-other-for-our-differences-it-will-be-an-adventure adventure. The I vs. E preference is a big one for me as my preference for introversion is so strong. (When I took the MBTI for the first time and didn't know how to "juke" the results, I got 5 or 6 points of extraversion and 70-something of introversion.)

I'm not ruling out the idea of meeting an extravert who is willing to accept that part of my personality, but from my experiences I've come to the conclusion that being with another introvert would avoid the I/E "culture clash", hence one less potentially relationship-wrecking point of contention.

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
The consensus seems to be suggesting that a "slightly more formal than needed" style would work best. I've never understood the draw of formal-wear myself, but, in theory, I suppose it could work. Moreso "sophisticated" than "formal."

I will not claim that I have perfected my own wardrobe yet, but when I visualize my preferred style, it's definitely about expressing sophistication. One of my favorite pieces of clothing that I use for going out is a tight-fitting, semi-shortsleeved, subtly pinstriped black dress shirt that is held together at the front by hooks (akin to bra hooks) that stop just below the chest, leaving the navel exposed. The rest of the shirt could be worn at the office, but that little bit of skin adds an unconventional touch of sexiness... or so I like to think. :rolleyes:

Employing the trappings of sexy feels awkward for an INTJ at first (and whenever we screw up the outfit :rolli: (cf. ptgatsby's emphasis on body type) (Watch Julia Stiles* experience this)), but Usehername, I promise you it's worth it. :yes: Practically all men like for a woman to dress like a woman instead of like one of the guys.

It seems to me you have a hip-to-waist ratio that you can get mileage out of, and you definitely have killer legs, so I prescribe short skirts and some tasteful baring of the midriff. :woot:

* If anyone wants to challenge this typing, please start a thread about JS in the Popular Culture and Type subforum instead of derailing this one.

And I fell for it. Stupid extrovert!:doh: Now I'm going to call someone and talk about it for the next 2 hours.

proteanmix, I love your dry wit! :thumbup:

Personally I prefer ENxPs as companions. Nearly all the close friends I've had and have are of this type. Same goes for a crush I've had on a gal for 3 years. I won’t explain why; most speculative reasons have been discussed to death in the ENFP-INTJ pairing threads on the net.

Methinks we need one of those threads here. :whistling:

Usehername

On a mission
I will not claim that I have perfected my own wardrobe yet, but when I visualize my preferred style, it's definitely about expressing sophistication. One of my favorite pieces of clothing that I use for going out is a tight-fitting, semi-shortsleeved, subtly pinstriped black dress shirt that is held together at the front by hooks (akin to bra hooks) that stop just below the chest, leaving the navel exposed. The rest of the shirt could be worn at the office, but that little bit of skin adds an unconventional touch of sexiness... or so I like to think. :rolleyes:

Employing the trappings of sexy feels awkward for an INTJ at first (and whenever we screw up the outfit :rolli: (cf. ptgatsby's emphasis on body type) (Watch Julia Stiles* experience this)), but Usehername, I promise you it's worth it. :yes: Practically all men like for a woman to dress like a woman instead of like one of the guys.

It seems to me you have a hip-to-waist ratio that you can get mileage out of, and you definitely have killer legs, so I prescribe short skirts and some tasteful baring of the midriff. :woot:

* If anyone wants to challenge this typing, please start a thread about JS in the Popular Culture and Type subforum instead of derailing this one.

proteanmix, I love your dry wit! :thumbup:

Methinks we need one of those threads here. :whistling:

ohmahgoodness not to derail my own thread but I've never really paid attention to Julia before: her mannerisms, sarcasm, humor in general is exactly the same style as mine. +1 for the INTJness of Julia. (And I totally would have worn pants too.)

nottaprettygal

MBTI Type
INTj
. . . other than that and the pleated vs. flat pants thing (only crazy Extroverts care about this last one, like my ENTP brother, who makes a deal out of my pleats because he's so trendy with the flat pants), there's not much that goes out of style.

Um. Crazy introverts care too. Pleated pants!?!?!?! I went crazy on Rhu for his (and he bought new ones :) ), don't make me go crazy on you. They are not flattering. Just stop wearing them.

Hey, btw, I only recently realized your Ani Difranco reference.

:D

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Now, would anyone here date me?

I like to think I'm quite charming and sexy! :D

heart

heart on fire
I couldn't imagine being a woman because their clothing requires such frequent shopping

Only if they are slaves to fashion! There are certain basic items that stay in style through all the trends. :smile: Who really has the spare money these days to be trendy anyway?

As a male, all I need to avoid is collars that are too trendy, other than that and the pleated vs. flat pants thing (only crazy Extroverts care about this last one, like my ENTP brother, who makes a deal out of my pleats because he's so trendy with the flat pants), there's not much that goes out of style. I'm still wearing polo shirts that I bought in the late 90s (today I'm wearing a white polo shirt that I've had since I was in college), and my pants look basically identical to the kind I had back then. I buy clothing less than once a year.

I agree, the issue about pleated or plain pants is nuts to even give much notice to. You sound like a very sensible and sane person. :yes:

ptgatsby

MBTI Type
ISTP
Um. Crazy introverts care too. Pleated pants!?!?!?! I went crazy on Rhu for his (and he bought new ones :) ), don't make me go crazy on you. They are not flattering. Just stop wearing them.

But that's my secret plan! I changed to pleated pants so that when the time is right, I can switch to normal pants and suddenly look so much better in comparison!

:yes:

ygolo

My termites win
...a 21 year old female? I'm 5'7", 120 lbs (which means I'm about as skinny as it gets while still being curvy enough... I have that athletic chick body type)

I don't know about your particular guy, but you've got physical beauty covered from mine (and most of my friends, many who are INTJ) prespective (Unless your face is ugly, sorry).

Perhaps you'll find this useful:
Our Research

The_Liquid_Laser

Glowy Goopy Goodness
MBTI Type
ENTP
I didn't even know there was an issue with pleated pants. I consider my ignorance to be a blessing! :D

htb

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Once I passed adolescence, physical appearance and dress became of nominal importance -- if a bright, self-sufficient girl is reasonably good-looking and takes care of herself, she can sign up.

However, a girl who's normally pretty staid, wearing something sexy with no warning, hits me like a gut punch. An IxTJ managed this recently.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Aesthetically pleasing, sure, but attractive?

Is there a difference? Whatever arouses me is both aesthetically pleasing and attractive!

And who says I can't invent their personality in my head? :D

Wolf

only bites when provoked
MBTI Type
INTJ
even without a personality? I find it hard to believe anything could be attractive without some sort of unique spirit. Aesthetically pleasing, sure, but attractive?
Well, for the whole physically bit, you have it down without putting on anything.

So, you've figured it out: Personality and intelligence are the most attractive part.

Economica

Dhampyr
MBTI Type
INTJ
I don't know about your particular guy, but you've got physical beauty covered from mine (and most of my friends, many who are INTJ) prespective

Well, for the whole physically bit, you have it down without putting on anything.

Once I passed adolescence, physical appearance and dress became of nominal importance -- if a bright, self-sufficient girl is reasonably good-looking and takes care of herself, she can sign up.

Reassuring Userhername that her body surpasses the minimum requirements and telling her that she need not worry about clothes is not instructive. What if the guy(s) she's interested in has (have) a large pool of women to pick from? In that case, her showing off said body just might give her the edge she needs - for like you yourself describe, htb:

However, a girl who's normally pretty staid, wearing something sexy with no warning, hits me like a gut punch.

The Ü™

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
So, you've figured it out: Personality and intelligence are the most attractive part.

Yes, but the thing is that most people don't have personality or intelligence.

And whoever says personality and intelligence are more important than looks is being naive. They're all equally important. Looks are one-third of the importance, personality is another one-third, and intelligence is the final one-third.

When you think of it. Judging people by personality or intelligence alone is kinda shallow, because it's only looking at part of the picture.