User Tag List

First 34567 Last

Personally I prefer ENxPs as companions. Nearly all the close friends I've had and have are of this type. Same goes for a crush I've had on a gal for 3 years. I won’t explain why; most speculative reasons have been discussed to death in the ENFP-INTJ pairing threads on the net.

"A want fastened, wants annihilation."

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    What's up with all the extrovert hate? I thought is was all love.
    I apologize if the way I framed my previous statement came across as harsh. I genuinely do enjoy the company of extraverts and find them to be lovely people; the majority of my friends are extraverts. In fact, because my interaction style isn't retiring, when I do bother to shuffle out of my cave I tend to want the company of extraverts. (The fact that almost every introvert I know is a teetotaler also contributes...)

However, in a relationship, (and I realize I speak only for myself here) I am at a point where I prefer the company of someone who understands where I'm coming from to a big, fat let's-learn-to-appreciate-each-other-for-our-differences-it-will-be-an-adventure adventure. The I vs. E preference is a big one for me as my preference for introversion is so strong. (When I took the MBTI for the first time and didn't know how to "juke" the results, I got 5 or 6 points of extraversion and 70-something of introversion.)

I'm not ruling out the idea of meeting an extravert who is willing to accept that part of my personality, but from my experiences I've come to the conclusion that being with another introvert would avoid the I/E "culture clash", hence one less potentially relationship-wrecking point of contention.
    Dost thou love Life? Then do not squander Time; for that's the Stuff Life is made of.

-- Benjamin Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack, June 1746 --

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Rohsiph View Post
    The consensus seems to be suggesting that a "slightly more formal than needed" style would work best. I've never understood the draw of formal-wear myself, but, in theory, I suppose it could work. Moreso "sophisticated" than "formal."
    I will not claim that I have perfected my own wardrobe yet, but when I visualize my preferred style, it's definitely about expressing sophistication. One of my favorite pieces of clothing that I use for going out is a tight-fitting, semi-shortsleeved, subtly pinstriped black dress shirt that is held together at the front by hooks (akin to bra hooks) that stop just below the chest, leaving the navel exposed. The rest of the shirt could be worn at the office, but that little bit of skin adds an unconventional touch of sexiness... or so I like to think.

Employing the trappings of sexy feels awkward for an INTJ at first (and whenever we screw up the outfit :rolli: (cf. ptgatsby's emphasis on body type) (Watch Julia Stiles* experience this)), but Usehername, I promise you it's worth it. Practically all men like for a woman to dress like a woman instead of like one of the guys.

It seems to me you have a hip-to-waist ratio that you can get mileage out of, and you definitely have killer legs, so I prescribe short skirts and some tasteful baring of the midriff.

* If anyone wants to challenge this typing, please start a thread about JS in the Popular Culture and Type subforum instead of derailing this one.

Quote Originally Posted by proteanmix View Post
    And I fell for it. Stupid extrovert! Now I'm going to call someone and talk about it for the next 2 hours.
    proteanmix, I love your dry wit!

Quote Originally Posted by BlackMita View Post
    Personally I prefer ENxPs as companions. Nearly all the close friends I've had and have are of this type. Same goes for a crush I've had on a gal for 3 years. I won’t explain why; most speculative reasons have been discussed to death in the ENFP-INTJ pairing threads on the net.
    Methinks we need one of those threads here.

MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    blunt female opinions welcome!
    What do you find attractive? I suggest taking that and flipping it around and running with it. If you like it, chances are someone like you might as well.

This signature left intentionally blank.

Really.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Economica View Post
    I will not claim that I have perfected my own wardrobe yet, but when I visualize my preferred style, it's definitely about expressing sophistication. One of my favorite pieces of clothing that I use for going out is a tight-fitting, semi-shortsleeved, subtly pinstriped black dress shirt that is held together at the front by hooks (akin to bra hooks) that stop just below the chest, leaving the navel exposed. The rest of the shirt could be worn at the office, but that little bit of skin adds an unconventional touch of sexiness... or so I like to think.

Employing the trappings of sexy feels awkward for an INTJ at first (and whenever we screw up the outfit :rolli: (cf. ptgatsby's emphasis on body type) (Watch Julia Stiles* experience this)), but Usehername, I promise you it's worth it. Practically all men like for a woman to dress like a woman instead of like one of the guys.

It seems to me you have a hip-to-waist ratio that you can get mileage out of, and you definitely have killer legs, so I prescribe short skirts and some tasteful baring of the midriff.

* If anyone wants to challenge this typing, please start a thread about JS in the Popular Culture and Type subforum instead of derailing this one.

proteanmix, I love your dry wit!

Methinks we need one of those threads here.
    ohmahgoodness not to derail my own thread but I've never really paid attention to Julia before: her mannerisms, sarcasm, humor in general is exactly the same style as mine. +1 for the INTJness of Julia. (And I totally would have worn pants too.)
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    INTJ

ohmahgoodness not to derail my own thread
    Well, I didn't say you couldn't do it in order to agree with my typing.

MBTI
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    . . . other than that and the pleated vs. flat pants thing (only crazy Extroverts care about this last one, like my ENTP brother, who makes a deal out of my pleats because he's so trendy with the flat pants), there's not much that goes out of style.
    Um. Crazy introverts care too. Pleated pants!?!?!?! I went crazy on Rhu for his (and he bought new ones ), don't make me go crazy on you. They are not flattering. Just stop wearing them.

Hey, btw, I only recently realized your Ani Difranco reference.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Now, would anyone here date me?

I like to think I'm quite charming and sexy!

heart on fire

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    I couldn't imagine being a woman because their clothing requires such frequent shopping
    Only if they are slaves to fashion! There are certain basic items that stay in style through all the trends. Who really has the spare money these days to be trendy anyway?

As a male, all I need to avoid is collars that are too trendy, other than that and the pleated vs. flat pants thing (only crazy Extroverts care about this last one, like my ENTP brother, who makes a deal out of my pleats because he's so trendy with the flat pants), there's not much that goes out of style. I'm still wearing polo shirts that I bought in the late 90s (today I'm wearing a white polo shirt that I've had since I was in college), and my pants look basically identical to the kind I had back then. I buy clothing less than once a year.
    I agree, the issue about pleated or plain pants is nuts to even give much notice to. You sound like a very sensible and sane person.

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by nottaprettygal View Post
    Um. Crazy introverts care too. Pleated pants!?!?!?! I went crazy on Rhu for his (and he bought new ones ), don't make me go crazy on you. They are not flattering. Just stop wearing them.
    But that's my secret plan! I changed to pleated pants so that when the time is right, I can switch to normal pants and suddenly look so much better in comparison!