User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ISTP

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    I'm definitely not well-endowed. I'm the one in the green. Who, um, it looks like forgot to brush her hair that day.
    Hmm, it's hard to make much out in that picture Probably won't get much from it. But you seem norm in that picture, without a significant body shape bias, so you can probably get away with plenty.

For the INTJ bit, as many have said, staying "formal"ish will help. Clean and simple, but tending towards over-dressed (not like tux in the gym, but just a sophisticated bias), should be the most effective.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

Quote Originally Posted by Blackwater View Post
    (What's with all the introverts wanting other introverts?)
    Because Extraverts (and especially Extraverted women) talk too much.

I'd suspect that an Introverted woman is also more careful with money, especially IxxJ.

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

I prefer introverts massively... it was only when I was a foolish youth that I liked extroverts.

To answer the original question:
    npg is dead on. I dress in a very standard way, like many INTJs. We dress slightly nicer than most people around us, don't like patterns, and select things based on reliability/sensibility. Therefore, go with your natural inclinations. I don't even notice women usually, unless they're in such radical colors that I can't help it, then I'm a mix of repulsed and interested because they stood out so much.

I couldn't imagine being a woman because their clothing requires such frequent shopping, is so poorly made, and becomes out-of-date so quickly. As a male, all I need to avoid is collars that are too trendy, other than that and the pleated vs. flat pants thing (only crazy Extroverts care about this last one, like my ENTP brother, who makes a deal out of my pleats because he's so trendy with the flat pants), there's not much that goes out of style. I'm still wearing polo shirts that I bought in the late 90s (today I'm wearing a white polo shirt that I've had since I was in college), and my pants look basically identical to the kind I had back then. I buy clothing less than once a year.
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by nottaprettygal View Post
    Button-down shirts, fitted jackets, jeans or black/brown pants. Just wear something classic, and you can't go wrong.

Besides, if you're hot, you could wear a burlap sack and you'd still be hot. If you're ugly, the world's most perfect outfit won't be able to save you.
    yeah, qft.

Hey, btw, I only recently realized your Ani Difranco reference. Don't you feel dumb when stuff like that is right in front of your face and you didn't even notice it?
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by ptgatsby View Post
    It's generally important that when an I talks, he/she gets heard. E's don't tend to do it as much as other Is
    Yes. Look, you Es are great people, I love you all dearly, you have your own unique strengths blah blah blah but you guys seriously don't have an ear for subtlety. With friends I can deal with this. In a relationship, no thanks.

(Of course I say that now; watch me wind up falling madly in love with and marrying an ESFP.)
    Dost thou love Life? Then do not squander Time; for that's the Stuff Life is made of.

-- Benjamin Franklin, Poor Richard's Almanack, June 1746 --

...watch me wind up falling madly in love with and marrying an ESFP.
    Oh dear. Things have gone terribly wrong.
    "The mathematician's patterns, like the painter's or the poet's must be beautiful; the ideas like the colours or the words, must fit together in a harmonious way. Beauty is the first test: there is no permanent place in the world for ugly mathematics..." - G.H. Hardy

"Another roof, another proof." - Paul Erdős

INTJ (I = 100, N = 100, T = 88, J = 43)
    Solitary/Idiosyncratic, 5w6 sp/sx
    RL(x)EI (RlxE|I|)- Inquisitive Dominant
    Reserved Idealist
    ILI-Ni/INTp

MBTI
    INTJ

There is no way for us to know what he is attracted to, and we obviously differ in our tastes. For instance, I am very rarely attracted to Introverts (besides physically, of course), but that doesn't appear to be the norm in this thread. I prefer girls that stand out...to some degree.

What I'm getting at, is that I don't see very much helpful potential in this thread. I'd be more curious to see how two INTJs end up together. Would one ever ask out the other?
    "You will always be fond of me. I represent to you all the sins you never had the courage to commit."

Reason is, and ought only to be the slave of the passions, and can never pretend to any other office
    than to serve and obey them. - David Hume

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by Metamorphosis View Post
    What I'm getting at, is that I don't see very much helpful potential in this thread. I'd be more curious to see how two INTJs end up together. Would one ever ask out the other?
    That is a funny thought, and so very true.

On Mycroft's comment:
    Not quite as bad as that, but I still find ENFPs rather curious. I still think it's somewhat like poking a snake with a stick, but sometimes it's hard to resist.
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

Enneagram
    1w2

What's up with all the extrovert hate? I thought is was all love.
    Relationships have normal ebbs and flows. They do not automatically get better and better when the participants learn more and more about each other. Instead, the participants have to work through the tensions of the relationship (the dialectic) while they learn and group themselves and a parties in a relationships. At times the relationships is very open and sharing. Other time, one or both parties to the relationship need their space, or have other concerns, and the relationship is less open. The theory posits that these cycles occur throughout the life of the relationship as the persons try to balance their needs for privacy and open relationship.
    Interpersonal Communication Theories and Concepts
    Social Penetration Theory 1
    Social Penetration Theory 2
    Social Penetration Theory 3

MBTI
    ERTP

Are you all sure you prefer introverts? Or are you just lonely and craving for copies of yourselves?