First 891011 Last

MBTI
    InTP
    Enneagram
    9w1 sp
    Socionics
    INTj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf View Post
    Not bad, rather attractive, aside from those shoes. As I scrolled down it was "nice...nice...nice...uck, rejected" - nobody that wears shoes like that is sufficiently-sensible. Clearly just someone trying to look the part, which is more of an insult to me.
    definitely in agreement here... she looked awesome, until the shoes--somehow they taint the image. A black pair of non-high-heel dress shoes would have done the trick better, albeit still gives off the impression of a businesswoman 'looking the part', and if they were sneakers, I would have begun chanting "I AM NOT WORTHY!" because that would have geek written all over it.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I have generally disliked you for a while, dude. Quit digging.
    What the hell did I do to you?

only bites when provoked
    MBTI
    INTJ

Quote Originally Posted by spirilis View Post
    definitely in agreement here... she looked awesome, until the shoes--somehow they taint the image. A black pair of non-high-heel dress shoes would have done the trick better, albeit still gives off the impression of a businesswoman 'looking the part', and if they were sneakers, I would have begun chanting "I AM NOT WORTHY!" because that would have geek written all over it.
    You've described my cousin...
    I 100%, N 88%, T 88%, J 75%

Disclaimer: The above is my opinion and mine alone, it does not mean I cannot change my mind, nor does it guarantee that my comments are related to any deep-seated convictions. Take everything I say with a whole snowplow worth of salt and call me in the morning, if you can.

Senior Member Misty_Mountain_Rose's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

Oh yes, we really don't care for dating in the classic sense. Just be around and part of our lives.

I've only dated because people pushed themselves at me, not because it was my choice but because I had set rules for myself that I couldn't tell them "no".

Not bad, rather attractive, aside from those shoes. As I scrolled down it was "nice...nice...nice...uck, rejected" - nobody that wears shoes like that is sufficiently-sensible. Clearly just someone trying to look the part, which is more of an insult to me.

Here's a funny one for you: My cousin that family members consider the most similar to me (a year older, but similar personality) works as a librarian. She should probably be working in an entirely different field, but she found that she liked it better living in a backwater town as a librarian than working in the same field as her major.
    An INTJ woman probably wouldn't ever be dressed so well unless someone helped her with her wardrobe I have to ask my sisters for help with things that match and look acceptable because I pay so little attention to fashion that I end up blending into the crowd wherever I go.

She isn't an INTJ... keep looking :P

MBTI
    nnnn

Feminine, formalish, but non-frilly! Really, no frills, no huge bizarre necklaces or overly quirky things, nothing that stands out too much, no deep decolleté, no short skirts. Pair up a V-neck sweater of good quality and flattering colour and fit with a nice pair of trousers or a nice knee-length skirt (possibly a simple dress - think black wrap dress) and flattish but elegant shoes. Finish with a touch of individuality in the form of a ring, a bracelet or a necklace etc. No bizarre handbags.

I personally dress more quirky and don't necessarily love the above outfit, but my experience with INTJ males has taught me that they generally don't get the idea of somewhat quirky/humourous clothing. I imagine that the above way of dressing is the safest for other types as well, though.

I'd recommend you stay yourself, but I've just noticed this thread is ancient.

An INTJ woman probably wouldn't ever be dressed so well unless someone helped her with her wardrobe
    I'll have to object there. I'd agree that looking picture perfect often isn't a priority, though.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9

Samus Aran's power-armor. It's got to include non-coagulating battle damage, but it'll bring them in droves. Droves.

Note: you may repel other types in the process.

MBTI
    ENTP

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    So. This is my question. How do I do that as a 21 year old female? I'm 5'7", 120 lbs (which means I'm about as skinny as it gets while still being curvy enough... I have that athletic chick body type)
    your body type sounds very similar to mine, you also sound about as low-maintenance as me, so here's my formula for success:

-no accessories that I can't sleep in or don't have a practical use for. (what's jewelry?)
    -tops ranging from basic to cool, mostly the former, in classic colors that I know that I will always like. Black, green, and red are good examples.
    -a couple pairs of jeans that fit well that I will wear into oblivion to get my money's worth, some shorts too
    -a skirt that I bought strictly for a job interview. I hate dressing up so I buy only as needed.
    -cool kicks (if you have cool, comfortable shoes then you can wear anything with them and you can wear them all the time) no heels.

anything else you do beyond the most basic things most guys won't notice.

As for dressing for your specific body type, you probably don't have to worry about that too much if your body is considered normal by clothing manufacturers. I have broad shoulders relative to my hips and I'm busty for my bone structure so I have trouble finding tops that look ok. I wear lots of tank tops, and hoodies when it is colder. I also recently discovered that small men's t-shirts work well.

The most important thing I can tell you is that it's possible to build your wardrobe around logical principles, like every other part of your life. If you don't prioritize what's important to you and makes the most sense to you then you'll probably end up with some haphazard collection of clothes you wear, clothes you rarely wear, and clothes you never wear because you bought them to fit someone else's standard of what you should wear. Don't compromise who you are.
    I don't wanna!

MBTI
    INxJ

Quote Originally Posted by attila_the_hunny View Post
    From my past relationships with INTJs, I've concluded that you don't choose them--they choose you.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

I'm torn between pretending this immature thread I created a year ago doesn't exist, and recognizing that I'm still a little lacking in competency with dressing myself.

I would say I'm better than last year, but my oh-so-careful ENFJ (extreme ENF type) roommate sometimes takes 5 minutes of diplomatic wording to subtly convince me to choose another combination of clothing.

So here goes a pic for more accurate recommendations. (Shows my body type well enough; I've lost weight down to this size again. I'm quite leggy which the pic doesn't show well enough.)

*You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEI

Try what booyalab said. Don't go with anything too loose, though I shouldn't have to tell you to avoid strangling yourself as well. You have a nice figure...
    Dreams are best served manifest and tangible.

INFP, 6w7, IEI

I accept no responsibility, what so ever, for the fact that I exist; I do, however, accept full responsibility for what I do while I exist.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]