User Tag List

First 4567 Last

Results 51 to 60 of 68

  1. #51
    4x9 cascadeco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    4 so/sp
    Posts
    6,931

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Costrin View Post

    That big mess represents what an Ni/Ti model looks like. All the different ideas are tied together in a giant tangled mess. The difference is that to Ni, they were always there, Ni just found them. Ti on the other hand, tied them together by hand.
    lol. You're calling my brain a big mess??? hmmph.

    The sad state of the NFJ. The double whammy.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

    My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

  2. #52
    rawr Costrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII
    Posts
    2,320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cascademn View Post
    lol. You're calling my brain a big mess??? hmmph.

    The sad state of the INFJ. The double whammy.
    Technically I'm also calling my brain a big mess too. Except its less of a mess because the threads in my head have some substance.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

  3. #53
    4x9 cascadeco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Enneagram
    4 so/sp
    Posts
    6,931

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Costrin View Post
    Technically I'm also calling my brain a big mess too. Except its less of a mess because the threads in my head have some substance.
    doh! Funny man.
    "...On and on and on and on he strode, far out over the sands, singing wildly to the sea, crying to greet the advent of the life that had cried to him." - James Joyce

    My Photography and Watercolor Fine Art Prints!!! Cascade Colors Fine Art Prints
    https://docs.google.com/uc?export=do...Gd5N3NZZE52QjQ

  4. #54
    rawr Costrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII
    Posts
    2,320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cascademn View Post
    doh! Funny man.
    Heh.

    I was actually referring to this:

    The threads Ni and Ne find aren't real, but then Ti and Te come along and make them real.
    So in my metaphor, Ni and Ne threads are sorta ethereal, and Ti and Te threads have physical substance.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

  5. #55
    ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INfj
    Posts
    3,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by cascademn View Post
    lol. You're calling my brain a big mess??? hmmph.

    The sad state of the NFJ. The double whammy.
    How is that a mess? All you got to do is to move the blobs in 3D until you get a symmetric pattern.

    Quote Originally Posted by Costrin View Post
    So in my metaphor, Ni and Ne threads are sorta ethereal, and Ti and Te threads have physical substance.
    Love your description! Perhaps make N dotted lines and T solid thicker lines
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca

  6. #56
    rawr Costrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII
    Posts
    2,320

    Default

    Bumpage because I have a question for Ni users.

    When your Ni finds something, does it give you an urge to do something with that information? If so, what kind of urge?

    I've noticed that when my Ne finds something, I have an urge to tell someone else. Does Ni do something similiar?

    I have my theories, but I wanna hear from the source.
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

  7. #57
    ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INfj
    Posts
    3,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Costrin View Post
    Bumpage because I have a question for Ni users.

    When your Ni finds something, does it give you an urge to do something with that information? If so, what kind of urge?

    I've noticed that when my Ne finds something, I have an urge to tell someone else. Does Ni do something similiar?

    I have my theories, but I wanna hear from the source.
    Unless you find a like-minded individual, no.

    Ni gives you "random" connections. Just because you see it doesn't mean other people can also see it. It can be extremely difficult to explain to somebody else just what is so fascinating about something... and how it all works because it's so darn convoluted. A is connected to B and B is connected to C, A and C are share these relations, and that pattern of relationship is exactly like that for E,F,G. Because the pattern is there, the solution for E,F,G can probably be modified for A,B,C. How to modify it? Well that's related to H,I,J...

    An explanation is virtually impossible. The other person cannot see all the connections you see because they don't share the same knowledge/experience as you do. To try to explain everything will take too much time... even if you try, you probably wouldn't be able to get all the nuisances across right.

    Oppose to Ne... Ne gives you a much simpler idea. A + B -> C. That is explainable... and the idea often is a prompt for some action to be carried out with an objective in mind.
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca

  8. #58
    rawr Costrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    MBTI
    ENTP
    Enneagram
    5w4
    Socionics
    LII
    Posts
    2,320

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by nightning View Post
    Unless you find a like-minded individual, no.

    Ni gives you "random" connections. Just because you see it doesn't mean other people can also see it. It can be extremely difficult to explain to somebody else just what is so fascinating about something... and how it all works because it's so darn convoluted. A is connected to B and B is connected to C, A and C are share these relations, and that pattern of relationship is exactly like that for E,F,G. Because the pattern is there, the solution for E,F,G can probably be modified for A,B,C. How to modify it? Well that's related to H,I,J...

    An explanation is virtually impossible. The other person cannot see all the connections you see because they don't share the same knowledge/experience as you do. To try to explain everything will take too much time... even if you try, you probably wouldn't be able to get all the nuisances across right.

    Oppose to Ne... Ne gives you a much simpler idea. A + B -> C. That is explainable... and the idea often is a prompt for some action to be carried out with an objective in mind.
    Does Ni urge you to do things other than tell other people?
    "All humour has a foundation of truth."
    - Costrin

  9. #59
    ish red no longer *sad* nightning's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INfj
    Posts
    3,741

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Costrin View Post
    Does Ni urge you to do things other than tell other people?
    Depends... sometimes it's just the satisfaction of being able to sit back and see it. Other times, it gives you the solution to a problem (or at least the approach to take) and that prompts me to get cracking on it. Rarely do I tell people more than the fact that I'm happy because I've figured it out. Like a 1-2 sentence vague condensed description that makes sense to me but probably means nothing to the listener. Then I run off with a ridiculous smile of my face.
    My stuff (design & other junk) lives here: http://nnbox.ca

  10. #60
    Senior Member Kyrielle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Posts
    1,297

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Costrin View Post
    Bumpage because I have a question for Ni users.

    When your Ni finds something, does it give you an urge to do something with that information? If so, what kind of urge?

    I've noticed that when my Ne finds something, I have an urge to tell someone else. Does Ni do something similiar?

    I have my theories, but I wanna hear from the source.
    Well, when I come up with an idea, I have the urge to make that idea a reality. Whatever that idea may be. If it's a complex existential realisation, I may want to make some kind of physical respresentation of it. Not for other people, but for myself, as a way to further exploration and understanding of a concept. The real is much different from the conceptual, so making the conceptual real brings a new dimension of understanding and starts a new set of connections.

    I think it works like this for me: Ni discovery => Se attempt at physical realisation of that discovery => Ni discovery based on Se representation...and so on and so forth like two mirrors reflecting each other.
    "I took the one less traveled by,
    And that has made all the difference."

    Robert Frost

Similar Threads

  1. Correlations between Zodiac Signs and Types
    By Jade Curtiss in forum Popular Culture and Type
    Replies: 111
    Last Post: 03-09-2017, 08:26 PM
  2. [MBTItm] What does a balance between J and P mean exactly?
    By ReflecTcelfeR in forum The NT Rationale (ENTP, INTP, ENTJ, INTJ)
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 06-08-2010, 09:44 AM
  3. What exactly is the difference between Ti and Ni, Si and Fi, and others?
    By Triglav in forum Myers-Briggs and Jungian Cognitive Functions
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-14-2009, 11:28 AM
  4. Is there a correlation between type and military enlistment?
    By Cindyrella in forum Politics, History, and Current Events
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: 07-20-2007, 10:04 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO