First 678

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5
    Socionics
    LoL

Quote Originally Posted by anchorboy2 View Post
    The problem is the pigeon hole. By MBTI sticking a letter on me because I scored a few percentage points one direction, suddenly I'm lumped with EVERYONE 51%+. My 54% "I" aligns me with the 92% "I"'s even though our preferences may show up significantly different in my visible behavior. The MBTI results (once tatooed to our foreheads) almost implies to others we are 100% of each letter.
    This is a good point. Also, I score most closely on T/F, although I score more F 99% of the time. This changes the order of the functions. Should I be closer to having a certain function come first rather than another function, and does the T/F scale really represent this or is it just a crude test of whether I prefer T/F more rather than Ti, Te, Fi, Fe, or any of the other functions? For me, I would prefer if MBTI completely got rid of the 4-letter designations and completely used the functions to denote type. I've seen some people on this forum do that in their sigs etc. - they may be on the right track there. For me, to think about Fi +Ne is more useful in general than to think INFP.

I also think the 4-letter system is limiting. In the Enneagram, if you are a 4 is doesn't mean you aren't also a 1-9, just that you're on the 4 spot along a spectrum mostly. The 4-letter makes it seem like an INFP is not also partly an ISTP or an ENTJ, etc. Generally, the MBTI is "set in place," whereas the Enneagram is a system of constant motion, between levels of health, integration & disintegration, wings, etc.
    "How can I be, all I want to be,
    When all I want to do is strip away these stilled constraints
    And crush this charade, shred this sad, masquerade"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGeq5v7L3WM

MBTI
    ISTJ

Quote Originally Posted by speculative View Post
    For me, I would prefer if MBTI completely got rid of the 4-letter designations and completely used the functions to denote type. I've seen some people on this forum do that in their sigs etc. - they may be on the right track there. For me, to think about Fi +Ne is more useful in general than to think INFP.

I also think the 4-letter system is limiting. In the Enneagram, if you are a 4 is doesn't mean you aren't also a 1-9, just that you're on the 4 spot along a spectrum mostly. The 4-letter makes it seem like an INFP is not also partly an ISTP or an ENTJ, etc. Generally, the MBTI is "set in place," whereas the Enneagram is a system of constant motion, between levels of health, integration & disintegration, wings, etc.
    We're really a gradient, aren't we? A system that could show those nuances would surely increase face validity with people completing the assessment. I find it a hurdle in a training room when 1/3 of the room is fighting their own result.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    3w4

Even under the assumption you can be 100% anything, you still have other functions that can be inverted. In the example of ENTP, Ne to Ti. All percentage is is the consistency you land on one end of the spectrum compared to the other (not 100% sure about that).
    "For a man who wants to make a profession of good in all regards must come to ruin among so many who are not good. Hence it is necessary to a prince, if he wants to maintain himself, to learn to be able not to be good, and to use this and not use it according to necessity."
    Niccolo Machiavelli

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

i agree with the post title. tho percents are a good way of getting an idea of how strong your preferences are, they are not absolute truth. this also applies to the actual MBTI model as well. both are just ways to model the human cognition.
    "Honest differences are often a healthy sign of progress. "

"You must not lose faith in humanity. Humanity is an ocean; if a few drops of the ocean are dirty, the ocean does not become dirty."

"An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Enneagram: 9w1

MBTI
    INTP

Quote Originally Posted by Silently Honest View Post
    OP is correct, cause I'm only 90% give a fuck.
    What?
    Why do we always come here?

I guess we'll never know.

It's like a kind of torture,
    To have to watch this show.